ADHD in toddlers...

BNH345521

HELP! I have a very spontaneous 4 year old son who has ADHD/hyperactivity. We do not want to put him on any medication even at the age he is allowed too. His brain runs a mile a minute, always curious about EVERYTHING, chatterbox, he thinks everything is a game, won't listen because it's his way or the highway, and is destructive with his toys. We want something that could mellow him out or gain more focus with tasks at hand. What are your natural recommendations for a 4 year old? His dad is a huge Ray Peat follower since the beginning and we are both stumped on how to handle this situation. Our son is a great little boy... just not very enjoyable at this stage. We had him in preschool and he had to stop attending due to always wanting attention and not playing very fair with others and their belongings.

Thanks so much! Much appreciated from this stressed momma!

LadyRae

My kids do really well with the Bach flower essence "rescue remedy" lozenges... Very soothing for anxiety and hyperactivity...

TheSir

Do you have him on lots of sugars? This can be an excessive for children whose metabolism is fast to begin with. A much higher fat intake could even out his energy levels.

Validus

Phosphatidylserine and omega-3's paired together work very well for ADHD in children, mine included. I understand many here think omega 3's are always bad, but they seem to have an anti-inflammatory effect in the brain in some.

I mix half a teaspoon in my kids apple sauce every morning before school:
https://vitamondo.net/phosphatidylserine-powder-strong-memory-boost-nootropics/

They get about 1 tablespoon of this as well before school:
Amazon product ASIN B00JL975AOView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JL975AO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Momma

HELP! I have a very spontaneous 4 year old son who has ADHD/hyperactivity. We do not want to put him on any medication even at the age he is allowed too. His brain runs a mile a minute, always curious about EVERYTHING, chatterbox, he thinks everything is a game, won't listen because it's his way or the highway, and is destructive with his toys. We want something that could mellow him out or gain more focus with tasks at hand. What are your natural recommendations for a 4 year old? His dad is a huge Ray Peat follower since the beginning and we are both stumped on how to handle this situation. Our son is a great little boy... just not very enjoyable at this stage. We had him in preschool and he had to stop attending due to always wanting attention and not playing very fair with others and their belongings.

Thanks so much! Much appreciated from this stressed momma!
This might sound trite, but it’s not- the effects are profound. Get him outside. Get him in the sun. Let him explore and run until his heart is content. Do this often. And enjoy your intelligent boy.

OP
B

BNH345521

Do you have him on lots of sugars? This can be an excessive for children whose metabolism is fast to begin with. A much higher fat intake could even out his energy levels.
He does always say that he is hungry, but I didn't know if he was just saying it every time he seen food or seen someone with food, but no we do not have him on lots of sugar. We will have to look into that. He is also a very energetic kid!

OP
B

BNH345521

This might sound trite, but it’s not- the effects are profound. Get him outside. Get him in the sun. Let him explore and run until his heart is content. Do this often. And enjoy your intelligent boy.
He is outside daily! We actually are golfers, so we walk 9 holes nightly just to get him out and use up his energy!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals