Alternatives To Toilet Paper

dfspcc20

Is anyone using alternatives to toilet paper, such as bidets or "family wipes/cloth"?

I remember something from a few years ago reporting that toilet paper, especially when made from recycled paper, can have very high levels of BPA.

We've cloth diapered both my kids, including using cloth wipes, but I'm still having a mental hang up with using the wipes for adults.

I especially hate using the cheap toilet paper at my work, since it can be irritating, but I don't see how I can have an alternative there.

XPlus

Water but then you'd have to figure out a way to dry.

Lightbringer

A bidet attachment is what I use. Not sure how well it would work for your kids though.

bidets are great. There is one fitted to our toilet that is removable and is about US$150.

I use a portable one when I go traveling, a Japanese squeeze bottle for that purpose.

BUT...what I have found is this: if you have good gut health, you don't need much wiping becuase your butt isn't soiled with fecal matter. It's clean.

That isn't always the case but it's something I strive for.

OP
dfspcc20

dfspcc20

BUT...what I have found is this: if you have good gut health, you don't need much wiping because your butt isn't soiled with fecal matter. It's clean.

I agree. I have noticed when I get my transit time too fast, it ends up messier in cleaning up. There is a sweet spot in transit time where one wipe is all that's needed *and* it's still effortless to pass, but I don't always achieve that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals