"An air ionizer near your bed can help."

Green Dot

"Serum serotonin fluctuates according to intestinal irritation, but for the average to change very much it's necessary for the liver and brain to adapt, and that usually takes a few months. Since the lungs are the main site of serotonin metabolism, an air ionizer near your bed can help."

Beastmode

If you can find a good one that doesn't give off a smell, it's not a bad idea. I believe the initial research came out of Poland, but I could be wrong.

We had a few that worked well, but they gave off a bit of a smell so we stopped messing with them.

Maybe someone here has gotten these, but Peat said they're most likely safe: Negative Ion Generator - Naturair Twin Air Ionizer

JamesGatz

In my experimentation I am not sure if I would agree with RP that air ionizers are safe - they do certainly lower serotonin a lot but my lungs start hurting and I get a sore throat after being around them for a few minutes - this doesn't happen to me with other types of air filters - From what I've read they seem to emit ozone in order to generate the ions they put in the air and ozone seems to be quiet toxic/irritable to the respiratory system - I do think ozone is quiet harmful to be breathing in - it is quiet effective in water filtering in killing everything in the water

yerrag

These ionizers are just supposed to generate negative ions. If sleeping close to them means that you would also be exposed to ozone, then you can avoid that by keeping the ionizer away from you. If you're in a room and the ionizer is at a distance from you, then you can't have a mini ionizer because there won't be enough negative ions to go around the room, and not enough to get to you. It should be like you sleeping by the sea, where the sea produces negative ions and reaches you by the breeze bringing the negative ions to you.

The negative ions go through your lungs. According to Ray, the lungs is where most serotonin is broken down by SOD. The negative ions increase SOD in your lungs, and this is how negative ions benefit us. Not everyone needs a negative ion generator. It would certainly be helpful if you have high serotonin, but one shouldn't be relying on it to always deal with a high serotonin issue. It's helpful as a person transitions from being high serotonin into being just having enough serotonin.

My sister used to have a large ionizer unit that she's used for the large living room. and she had it working 24/7 and it lasted very long before the replaceable filament gave out. The company, Shaklee, stopped making it though, but there are replacement filaments being sold at Ebay. I'm not sure how safe they are, and I haven't asked my sister if she still uses the ionizer with the replacement filaments.

I have no great need for it. When my car ionizer gave out, I didn't replace it. I'm not high serotonin either, so it's just another health gadget that I could do without.

A nice Christmas gift no doubt for yourself and anybody who lives with you - if anyone among you is high serotonin and needs to chill out everyday. It would be a gift that keeps on giving. Just observe that person and see if he's mellowed down, and then you'll know it's working.

Vileplume

These ionizers are just supposed to generate negative ions. If sleeping close to them means that you would also be exposed to ozone, then you can avoid that by keeping the ionizer away from you. If you're in a room and the ionizer is at a distance from you, then you can't have a mini ionizer because there won't be enough negative ions to go around the room, and not enough to get to you. It should be like you sleeping by the sea, where the sea produces negative ions and reaches you by the breeze bringing the negative ions to you.

The negative ions go through your lungs. According to Ray, the lungs is where most serotonin is broken down by SOD. The negative ions increase SOD in your lungs, and this is how negative ions benefit us. Not everyone needs a negative ion generator. It would certainly be helpful if you have high serotonin, but one shouldn't be relying on it to always deal with a high serotonin issue. It's helpful as a person transitions from being high serotonin into being just having enough serotonin.

My sister used to have a large ionizer unit that she's used for the large living room. and she had it working 24/7 and it lasted very long before the replaceable filament gave out. The company, Shaklee, stopped making it though, but there are replacement filaments being sold at Ebay. I'm not sure how safe they are, and I haven't asked my sister if she still uses the ionizer with the replacement filaments.

I have no great need for it. When my car ionizer gave out, I didn't replace it. I'm not high serotonin either, so it's just another health gadget that I could do without.

A nice Christmas gift no doubt for yourself and anybody who lives with you - if anyone among you is high serotonin and needs to chill out everyday. It would be a gift that keeps on giving. Just observe that person and see if he's mellowed down, and then you'll know it's working.
Interesting. I’d never heard that before about negative ions reaching you on the sea breeze. I wonder how far from the sea you could still gain some benefit?

For months I’ve struggled with deep sleep, and there have only been a few occasions over that timespan when I’ve achieved lots of deep sleep: when I take cyproheptadine, and when I visited my sister for two nights in San Diego. In San Diego we were probably 3 miles from the coast. I have still not been able to figure out why I got such deep sleep those two nights—it was a drastic difference, and I’ve replicated diet, supplements, daytime activities, changed my bedding. I just can’t figure out how I got that deep sleep down there, and I wonder if the serotonin and negative ions have something to do with it.

yerrag

Interesting. I’d never heard that before about negative ions reaching you on the sea breeze. I wonder how far from the sea you could still gain some benefit?

For months I’ve struggled with deep sleep, and there have only been a few occasions over that timespan when I’ve achieved lots of deep sleep: when I take cyproheptadine, and when I visited my sister for two nights in San Diego. In San Diego we were probably 3 miles from the coast. I have still not been able to figure out why I got such deep sleep those two nights—it was a drastic difference, and I’ve replicated diet, supplements, daytime activities, changed my bedding. I just can’t figure out how I got that deep sleep down there, and I wonder if the serotonin and negative ions have something to do with it.
I think it does.

Just one of those things that make us wonder why we had trouble with sleep. Serotonin is an invisible thing. I don't think I can directly test it.

rayban

How can you know about your serotonin levels? is there a test that is actually accurate?

yerrag

How can you know about your serotonin levels? is there a test that is actually accurate?
Not that I know of.

I think it's mostly in symptoms, but the symptoms are not exclusive to serotonin, so it is not as easy to pin down. Knowing your body well and not being desensitized by pharma would get you better along this way.

Symptoms such as difficulty sleeping, being easily irritated.

Also good bowel movement despite having low magnesium to spur peristalsis. The good bowel movement is driven by high serotonin induced from high gut bacteria count.

sunny

Also good bowel movement despite having low magnesium to spur peristalsis. The good bowel movement is driven by high serotonin induced from high gut bacteria count.
Are you saying this is one way you might have good BM, but it is not a good way? You would instead want to have low serotonin/gut bacteria and have magnesium soyr peristalsis?

yerrag

Are you saying this is one way you might have good BM, but it is not a good way? You would instead want to have low serotonin/gut bacteria and have magnesium soyr peristalsis?
Yes.

I grew up on the idea that high fiber diet is good. I have no constipation issues but my stool smells. I thought that was normal as that's what stool is.And I had plenty of plaque. They form so easily and quickly on my teeth. No one could tell me why but what's new in this world right?

Then Peat.

Mag support at 800mg/day to build magnesium stores.

A year later, minimized fiber.

Bowel movement still good.

Then took biofilm busters and antibiotics (not for my gut but for my bp but didn't work on lowering bp).

Then my stool stopped smelling.

Then I noticed no more plaque on my teeth.

Thank you Ray!

rayban

Not that I know of.

I think it's mostly in symptoms, but the symptoms are not exclusive to serotonin, so it is not as easy to pin down. Knowing your body well and not being desensitized by pharma would get you better along this way.

Symptoms such as difficulty sleeping, being easily irritated.

But these are very generic symptons, so if we can't measure serotoning we are shooting in the dark with this imo.

yerrag

But these are very generic symptons, so if we can't measure serotoning we are shooting in the dark with this imo.

A lot of people are desensitized by many substances that they unknowingly and knowingly, willingly and unwillingly take in.

A lot also are incapable of observing their own selves and rely on a doctor to tell them how they feel. This includes tests such as the RT-PCR to tell if they have COVID.

I didn't start my life being free from these unhealthy influences, and I worked my way here.

So I can't see why you can't. But on this point about not knowing if I have high serotonin or not, I differ from your perspective.

rayban

A lot of people are desensitized by many substances that they unknowingly and knowingly, willingly and unwillingly take in.

A lot also are incapable of observing their own selves and rely on a doctor to tell them how they feel. This includes tests such as the RT-PCR to tell if they have COVID.

I didn't start my life being free from these unhealthy influences, and I worked my way here.

So I can't see why you can't. But on this point about not knowing if I have high serotonin or not, I differ from your perspective.
The symptons are too generic and if you feel you improve with say an ionizer it may just be placebo. It's ok to go by feel but also you must always measure when possible to be scientific. Also if you are going to take pregnenolone for instance, it interacts with a bunch of stuff, so why not test before taking it and not just think "oh have this and that sympton, im going to do pregnenolone" and then change a bunch of other stuff and have no baseline measured in case it goes wrong.

yerrag

When it can't be measured and given a number yet a person insists there's no other way to know, then I can't feel pain because there's no number that can't be assigned to it. Is that your idea of being scientific and not?

rayban

When it can't be measured and given a number yet a person insists there's no other way to know, then I can't feel pain because there's no number that can't be assigned to it. Is that your idea of being scientific and not?
My idea of being scientific is measuring things when possible.

yerrag

My idea of being scientific is measuring things when possible.
No question about that.

However, I have begun to question the need for some testing in many instances, such as

mammograms

PCR-Testing

Thyroid panels when there is a cheaper substitute such as the Achilles tendon reflex test (though some people have this idea when there is a computer involved and it is digital, it is superior)

HbA1c - 5 hr OGTT too cumbersome and potential for lawsuit when patient faints and hits his head in a world of laws made by Talmudist shysters

When you take good care of yourself and know you are healthy because you use tests that alert you to issues and take corrective action to keep from worsening, you don't even need cancer screenings and annual screenings. Even CT scans, MRIs, Ultrasound, and PET scans are unnecessary.

yerrag

what ionizer do you recommend?
@yerrag
Shaklee used to sell one but they have discontinued making it but 2nd hand units are available in Ebay but the ionizer bulb itself would be a replacement already and I don't know how good it is.

Other than that, I don't know since I haven't found a need for it although I have a Himalayan salt lamp that also gives off negative ions that could be bought cheap on Lazada or Shopee Philippines.

yerrag

HbA1c - 5 hr OGTT too cumbersome and potential for lawsuit when patient faints and hits his head in a world of laws made by Talmudist shysters

I meant that HbA1c is practically useless. That's a 5 hr OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) gives you a more accurate picture of your blood sugar health. However, it is too cumbersome and it's been bastardized ino a 2hr OGTT which is as good as nothing. I believe also that since some patients may faint and in a Talmudist shyster world we live in, the risk of a costly lawsuit is real and it isn't offered anymore. But I do my own 5hr OGTT at a lawsuit-free environment called home.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals