An Introduction & A Few Observations

Samya

Hiya Peaty people,

I've been participating in the forums a lil bit so far but haven't formally introduced myself as of yet... I first came across Dr. Peat's ideas when I was reading about ancestral health - his ideas of focusing less on muscle meats and more on fruit, dairy and gelatin popped up on a few blogs. I hadn't looked into his writing any more than that until more recently.

The last few years I've been eating a low-carbohydrate diet on & off, not due to any weight or blood sugar issues but due to a strange sensitvity I developed to carbs - whenever eating them they would taste overly sweet; sugar, fruit and starch would cause me to have sweet saliva secreting into my mouth for hours, as would the mere thought of eating anything sweet. I noticed that when I went for it and ate a few hundred grams of carbs it disappeared though, as if switching over to burning sugars solved the issue.

What brings me here, other than being another low-carb refugee looking for optimal health, is that I've noticed a few of my experiences coinciding with Dr. Peats writing. I noticed that whenever I ate carbs after a low-carb period I would feel my whole body relax from my spine outwards, I'd also feel as if my brain was waking up out of a hibernation. What hammered the nail into my low-carb coffin was conclusively discovering that whenever I took psychedelics while low-carbing, I had significantly reduced effects. The first time this happened I found myself strongly craving orange juice during the trip, I had none but drank some broth which increased the effects for a short while; another time I had a clear craving for milk, both liquids I hadn't consumed for years prior. Since reintroducing carbs I've found that the combination of glucose/fructose (sugar, honey, fruit juice) or lactose provides more efficient energy than starches or fatty protein, as in I have more readily available energy soon after consumption, and the relaxing effect is more pronounced. I've also had some similar ideas about evolution as expressed in Generative Energy - all of this before I'd read any of Dr. Peats writing.

I find myself most interested in the search for truth, Self-realization/spiritual awakening, the potential of psychedelics, human evolution and the role nutrition may play in that. If you've come this far, thanks for reading and see you around. :praying:

Last edited:

nikolabeacon

I find very often that people talk about nutrition and evolution looking and concentrating on past actions ov humans . Peat also is on that side. He indeed have some points about openess for future new food sources and nutrition and experiments with some psyhodelics.

For me all talk about nutrition currently is purely based on unchanging and static circumstances( similar to state when pople believed that earth is Flat) which can lead to serious problems in future and potential increased development. You see also for ex. This problem in rectangular architecture which originated from belief in Flat Earth.

In my opinion one of the most important thing regarding nutrition for future development is that it should allow people to be much more "free" both in time and movements(travels) and be able to work freely and move around planet as on one large space "HOME" constantly.

This can be connected for example with phylosohy of conquering earth-water-air.

In ancestral nutrition and belief in flat earth everythjng was tied to land or "Earth" which is about 10 % of whole planet if onlyy usable land is counted....as humans developed conquest of sea became more important and we went in history through war in conquering the waters ( sea and ocean waters)....and by these conquuests anc developments of sailing technologies we brought a huge change in nutrition and better availability of foods through the year....now we conquered the air and improved it even further....but many practices and food sources remained the same and unfortunately we still feed ourselves mostly from food produced on " land" wich not goes hand in hand with conquest of waters and air.

-------------

So in my opinion goal in future regarding nutrition should not be looked only in terms of what is "historicaly prooven food" and currently available with many practices that destroys peoples freedom and ecosystem by cutting forests which are key if we are planing to survive( for dxample everyday morning and evening milking of cows is a big big problem in my opinion that robs a lot of people and destroys forests ...ex. cutting vast areas of forest to feed all those cows )))).......and that woul probably be to emphasize more on getting the food from the oceans with various new technologies and stopping the destruction of forests and establishing stable climate factors

And in this case probably very strictly controled ingestion of thoroughly investigated psyhodelics and other substances can be considered as a very usefull tool for future evolution

OP
Samya

Samya

Thanks for the reply Nikola,

I think that some wisdom can be gained from looking to our past but to remain stuck in the past and ignore the future could be foolish. Some have the belief that as our brains may have evolved eating meat we should focus on eating predominantly meat in order to be healthy. I think this ignores the fact that we're still evolving - if a change of diet made such an influence on our evolution in the past then it could again now/in the future.

Your thoughts on future nutrition allowing more time and movement is interesting; I do think in the future light itself could be a source of energy, or even tapping into an as of yet undiscovered universal energy like the Hindu idea of prana.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals