Announcing Ray Peat Rodeo

marcuswhybrow

Hi everyone,

I've created an open source website called Ray Peat Rodeo which I think you'll like.
It converts plain text transcripts programmatically into HTML. Doing this confers some unique benefits:

1. We can make every transcript look really nice!
2. It can automatically aggregate everything Ray mentions into a big catalog
3. Each mention can have a popup that shows all related mentions
3. Timestamps can link directly into source YouTube videos and mp3s.
4. Sidenotes can be displayed in the margin with contextual notes
5. Questions about the text can be tracked in a (GitHub) issue for discussion and resolution.
6. Full text search of all transcripts filterable my meta data.

My long term goal for the project is a complete, high-quality record of Ray's conversations.
I chose a fairly simple programming language (Go) to make it easy for any future contributors (including future me) to add features and improvements.

In the future I'd like to add a purchasable eBook/PDF containing the completed works to support development. I think that would be a good, optional, way of supporting the project, but let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Marcus

ThinPicking

Good day Mr Marcus of Nottingham. This is amazing, thank you. Having interview transcripts available with a standardised markup to separate speakers is extremely useful. It opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Are you doing doing these transcriptions manually or have you automated it?

Logan-

Good day Mr Marcus of Nottingham. This is amazing, thank you. Having interview transcripts available with a standardised markup to separate speakers is extremely useful. It opens up all kinds of possibilities.
+1

OP
marcuswhybrow

marcuswhybrow

WOW........way above my knowledge of computers & paygrade ;)

Cheers Kimster. I'm a programmer by trade. With Ray's passing I though I could use my coding skills to add something back and make Ray's ideas more accessible.

OP
marcuswhybrow

marcuswhybrow

I've just read the forum rules to check I'm alright linking to Ray Peat Rodeo. I reckon it's okay if I'm not selling any "products" or "services", however I do accept donations. Are there any admins around that could pronounce?

Here's the paragraph from the rules:

Board rules / 2. We Do Not Permit
g. Selling or advertising products or services without prior written permission from the Admin. Which includes posting of referral links or codes.(Members not associated with particular products or services under discussion may post information or reviews about them.)

OP
marcuswhybrow

marcuswhybrow

Sheik

Rijo, who runs bioenergetic.life also has a github with AI transcriptions, where we've made a few corrections. It would be nice if we didn't have to duplicate efforts.

I don't know if this is useful to you but here it is.

I've transcribed a few newsletters as well and I'm hoping to provide outside sources to support everything he's saying.

OP
marcuswhybrow

marcuswhybrow

Rijo, who runs bioenergetic.life also has a github with AI transcriptions, where we've made a few corrections. It would be nice if we didn't have to duplicate efforts.

Hi @Sheik, cheers. I've summarised my thoughts in issue 50 amd pinged @rijo there for his comments, and if you have any ideas let me know there too.

I've transcribed a few newsletters as well and I'm hoping to provide outside sources to support everything he's saying.

Great, yeah we can get Ray's newsletters on RPR too. RPR makes substantiation of claims easy with (what I call) "mentions", and the demarcation of unsubstantiated claims as "issues".

In time I'll have docs for contributing, but until then on I'm on the forum, on GitHub (open an issue), and on Discord to answer questions or if you have any transcripts you want to incorperate.

OP
marcuswhybrow

marcuswhybrow

Are you doing doing these transcriptions manually or have you automated it?

Hi again @ThinPicking,

You know before I said I wasn't using automation, well now I am! Thought you might want to know. I figured out how to use AI thanks to another project called The Ray Peat Archive. So far, I've got AI to transcribe most interviews from 2023 back to 2020. Later I'll verify and augment the AI transcripts as I normally do.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals