Another good reason to avoid tap water

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Yeah anytime I'd stumble onto these tap water discusions I always wondered if its USA thing strictly.

Tap water is tasty here and actually opposite goes for any bottled water.
Don't think it has anything to do with the USA. Heavy metals and pesticides and the pharmaceutical goodies are universal. I live in Canada and it's no different.

Uselis

Don't think it has anything to do with the USA. Heavy metals and pesticides and the pharmaceutical goodies are universal. I live in Canada and it's no different.
Did you notice any effects on yourself from drinking tap water?

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Dr. B

Haven't had any tap water for over 30 years.
did you get any benefits since dropping it? it seemed like my skin got smoother, clearer, just within weeks of stopping it.
what do you drink for fluid intake? milk, OJ, coconut water?

equipoise

Yeah anytime I'd stumble onto these tap water discusions I always wondered if its USA thing strictly.

Tap water is tasty here and actually opposite goes for any bottled water.
Absolutely, it seems the food industry issues / water supply / toxins are more prevalent in the ??. We tend forget majority of users are from the USA.

Ben.

Where i live tap water is realy good, but they still have treshholds with the quantity of chemicals that are allowed in the water (meaning theres still pesticides, medication, fluoride etc. in it)

Theoreticly speacking, if one were to maximise health/longevity, even in europe a proper filtration can make sense.

Dr. B

Where i live tap water is realy good, but they still have treshholds with the quantity of chemicals that are allowed in the water (meaning theres still pesticides, medication, fluoride etc. in it)

Theoreticly speacking, if one were to maximise health/longevity, even in europe a proper filtration can make sense.
is it better to just avodi tap water entirely, just do coconut water, OJ, milk?

Ben.

is it better to just avodi tap water entirely, just do coconut water, OJ, milk?

If you can source thoose items from places where these are grown on relatively safe soil then probably. Milk being the most problematic to get i would assume.

Not sure where but i've read that fluoride for example is in our food too (i think somewhere on the forum someone made used it as a argument against fluoride in our water supply).
And since fruits contain alot of fluid i think they are no exception from soaking up undesired chemicals. Unlike tap water we get more sugar/nutrients from them so i guess it can be recommended above water.

Dr. B

If you can source thoose items from places where these are grown on relatively safe soil then probably. Milk being the most problematic to get i would assume.

Not sure where but i've read that fluoride for example is in our food too (i think somewhere on the forum someone made used it as a argument against fluoride in our water supply).
And since fruits contain alot of fluid i think they are no exception from soaking up undesired chemicals. Unlike tap water we get more sugar/nutrients from them so i guess it can be recommended above water.
makes sense it could be in many foods especially non organic ones made with regular water.. some foods have more water than others. im not sure if regular tap water is allowed to be given to organic farm animals. if trees are getting their water from rainwater, there may not be fluoride present but could be other toxic metals present from the rainwater.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

did you get any benefits since dropping it? it seemed like my skin got smoother, clearer, just within weeks of stopping it.
what do you drink for fluid intake? milk, OJ, coconut water?
Carbonated mineral water in glass bottles, protein shakes with distilled water, milk, OJ. I grew up in a nasty industrial city in the 60's rife with lead, air and water pollution and I had many allergies and asthma. I have none of those issues now and am 60 yrs old, Apart from gray hair I am in exceptional health,

OP
Rick K

Rick K

makes sense it could be in many foods especially non organic ones made with regular water.. some foods have more water than others. im not sure if regular tap water is allowed to be given to organic farm animals. if trees are getting their water from rainwater, there may not be fluoride present but could be other toxic metals present from the rainwater.
Well here's something to delight your pallet: A lot of farms use "filter cake" as fertilizer which is the oven dried remnants of all that goes down the toilet after the fluids have been extracted. Any number of farms can also use wastewater to water their crops.

Missenger

Carbonated mineral water in glass bottles, protein shakes with distilled water, milk, OJ. I grew up in a nasty industrial city in the 60's rife with lead, air and water pollution and I had many allergies and asthma. I have none of those issues now and am 60 yrs old, Apart from gray hair I am in exceptional health,
I imagine distilled plastic bottled water used with nutrient-rich foods is probably safer than plastic bottled "spring water" no matter what propaganda is made against it.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

I imagine the distilled plastic bottled water used with nutrient-rich foods is safer than "spring water" no matter what propaganda is made against it.
No doubt. I distill my own; don't buy it. Bought a distiller in 2007 when I had a business in Charlotte NC; had well water at home. I take fulvic acid with scads of minerals.

Dr. B

No doubt. I distill my own; don't buy it. Bought a distiller in 2007 when I had a business in Charlotte NC; had well water at home. I take fulvic acid with scads of minerals.
do you take fulvic acid on its own or shilajit powder? whats the benefits to fulvic acid/shilajit
which minerals/dosages do you use? mineral supplementation seems extremely complex and risky

Missenger

I tried buying chinese distillers half a decade ago, could never get them to work, anything that works that doesn't leech anything bad is probably 500$ easily.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

do you take fulvic acid on its own or shilajit powder? whats the benefits to fulvic acid/shilajit
which minerals/dosages do you use? mineral supplementation seems extremely complex and risky
I just use a tablespoon of fulvic/humic acid combo. I take copper twice a week and zinc 3 times and about once a week use a general mineral salt. Don't have any issues as I don't overdose; just know from research and experience that minerals are sorely lacking in foodstuffs and have been for almost 100 yrs.

bagotage

The Berkey shower filter only needs to be replaced yearly, and it's cheap.

The top-of-the-line Pür faucet filters filter out pharmaceutical traces, I believe, as should any fancier (Berkey, etc.) filters.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

The Berkey shower filter only needs to be replaced yearly, and it's cheap.

The top-of-the-line Pür faucet filters filter out pharmaceutical traces, I believe, as should any fancier (Berkey, etc.) filters.
You can buy a water purifier called Zero from WalMart. It comes with a little meter which will tell you when the filter needs replacing. It basically distills tap water and removes everything. The meter is handheld so you can test water from different sources for any metals.

BearWithMe

Drinking OJ won't help you since 99% of OJ on market is made by reconstructing the concentrate... with tap water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom