Anxiety And Depression, Need Advice

Chad_Catholic

I would love to hear how things are going for you all these years later. I am suffering from something similar, but I attribute my mental health decline to being on a keto and fasting diet for the past four years. I am using Trazodone to fall asleep, and I get feelings of panic at different times of the day but especially at night. I definitely think that it can be helped with good sleep and diet, but of course I am open to any of the supplements from IdeaLabs. One of the things that makes me panic is due from a few horrible reactions I had earlier this year, like when I took too much vitamin D while following the keto and fasting diet, and I fell into a state of hypoglycemia or something where I had trouble catching my breath.

Vins7

Hey Maxen,

I was dealing with some bouts of anxiety and lethargy a few months ago. At this time I was also taking a handful of supplements (mostly just random vitamins/minerals/herbs). Ever since I stopped taking all supplements and focusing carefully on my diet and what my body needs I've been feeling a lot better! For me, increasing carbs/salt is seeming to do wonders for my mood/cold extremities. My temps and pulse are making slow gains as well. I also stopped eating out. Home-cooked delicious meals every day is having positive effects; it's nice knowing exactly what's going into your food!

For now I'm being super cautious about what supplements I take. Currently I only take some Vitamin D (on days I don't get out in the sun enough). I did some blood tests and found that my Vitamin D levels were lower than they should be. I recommend getting some blood tests done to find out what's going on in your body if you haven't yet. A basic comp. metabolic panel, lipid panel, and testing all your thyroid-related hormones would be helpful.

Another thing I recommend is meditating. Sit up straight, cross-legged in a quiet spot and just try to clear your mind of all thoughts and focus on your breath. Studies have shown that meditation rewires your brain.

Try to get out in the sun often too! :cool:

Hope you feel better soon.
When you say that you have increased carbs/salt do you refer starches?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals