Any tips on fruit digestion?

jet9

Title. I eat lots of fruit, most of the time my digestion is good and I have lots of energy, but sometimes I become bloated, gassy, sleepy, tired. Can’t pin pint what exactly I am doing different. Any tips?

Jennifer

@jet9, have you tried juicing some of it? While following a fruit-based diet, the bloating, energy dips and brain fog I experienced were greatly reduced when I started juicing my fruit.

wtf

For some time now I have noticed that when I eat an excess of certain fruits in certain situations I get the symptoms of the OP plus loose stools. My theory is overloading on one type of plant material without building up a tolerance leads to higher concentrations of fruit specific compounds that cause watery and faster transit. This leads to incomplete extraction of sugars and food for the bacteria causing endotoxemia symptoms and in my case poorly re extracted bile that causes some inflammation. Lately watermelon has been narrowed down as a possible culprit and it is very easy to overdo it. I think there may be some benefit from eating more insoluble fiber rich fruits in my case,

OP
J

jet9

@jet9, have you tried juicing some of it? While following a fruit-based diet, the bloating, energy dips and brain fog I experienced were greatly reduced when I started juicing my fruit.
Jennifer, hi! What fruits are best for juicing? And how time consuming it is?
(never tried juicing before, I guess it will depend on juicer I will buy / use)

Jennifer

Hi @jet9! I like melons (honeydew and watermelon) and peaches best for juicing. I also juice grapes but find the juice rather strong so I add distilled water to it to dilute it some. Oranges are great too, but I rarely find ones that are truly ripe. I didn’t want to invest in a juicer before I knew juicing was something I would do long-term so I’ve been using a high speed blender and straining with a fine, cold brew coffee filter bag because I like a clear juice. It takes me about 20 minutes from start to finish to juice roughly 1 kilo of fruit, which makes 1 liter. In case you’re interested, these are the filter bags I have:

115021B1-8EAD-4C47-801B-E441E8B0FB10.jpeg

Amazon product ASIN B077YFNF6QView: https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Organic-Cotton-Cold-Coffee/dp/B077YFNF6Q/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2Y0WZZ2F8UY2J&keywords=doppelganger%2Bgoods%2Bcold%2Bbrew%2Bbag&qid=1686758945&sprefix=Doppelganger%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-6&th=1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals