Low Toxin Lifestyle Are antioxidants bad?

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Was looking at Garrett Smiths Twitter and he doesn’t like it. I was going to see if taking higher doses of nac would help my breathing issues. But it would slow my detoxing ? I already Cant sweat. Should they be avoided ?

PopSocket

The liver uses oxidation to detox. The body uses oxidation to create Life energy. You tell me if anti oxidants are a good thing or not. Does not mean sometimes they can't be useful.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
The liver uses oxidation to detox. The body uses oxidation to create Life energy. You tell me if anti oxidants are a good thing or not. Does not mean sometimes they can't be useful.
Are they useful in the short term if you have a lot of oxidative stress?

Dave Clark

I take notice the hospitals are not lined up with people who take antioxidants, waiting to get in. Both antioxidants and oxidation have their function, and many people, including myself, have used antioxidants for decades with success. Knock on wood, I have not been in the hospital, don't go to a doctor, and I am in good health, and I have been using antioxidants for decades. My peers that don't, all are on meds and have had some age related health issue or disease. It seems to be the trendy thing to say now, that magically {after years of clinical, empirical, and scientific proof} antioxidants are bad and we should all seek out oxidation. Yes, our cells need the proper fuel, etc. for cellular oxidation, but antioxidants do not thwart that process when taken in reasonable doses, or taken through good antioxidant-rich food. I also take notice that a lot of these people who dis antioxidants, seem to have no problem eating good foods that are, you got it, rich in antioxidants.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
I take notice the hospitals are not lined up with people who take antioxidants, waiting to get in. Both antioxidants and oxidation have their function, and many people, including myself, have used antioxidants for decades with success. Knock on wood, I have not been in the hospital, don't go to a doctor, and I am in good health, and I have been using antioxidants for decades. My peers that don't, all are on meds and have had some age related health issue or disease. It seems to be the trendy thing to say now, that magically {after years of clinical, empirical, and scientific proof} antioxidants are bad and we should all seek out oxidation. Yes, our cells need the proper fuel, etc. for cellular oxidation, but antioxidants do not thwart that process when taken in reasonable doses, or taken through good antioxidant-rich food. I also take notice that a lot of these people who dis antioxidants, seem to have no problem eating good foods that are, you got it, rich in antioxidants.

The thing I’m trying to understand is do antioxidants just “mop up” the
would there be a difference in antioxidants you get from foods and , say, antioxidants like NAC that raise glutathione? I’m confused how glutathione which is an antioxidant and is required for phase 2 liver detox could theoretically actually hinder the detox pathways by preventing oxidation?

Dave Clark

The thing I’m trying to understand is do antioxidants just “mop up” the

would there be a difference in antioxidants you get from foods and , say, antioxidants like NAC that raise glutathione? I’m confused how glutathione which is an antioxidant and is required for phase 2 liver detox could theoretically actually hinder the detox pathways by preventing oxidation?
I think taking a look at the word, 'anti- OXIDANT, tells you that they neutralize by products of oxidation, free radicals. They are not called, anti-OXYGEN, or anti-OXIDATION, otherwise your body wouldn't make them. Dietary antioxidants do not shut down or inhibit the oxidation process, otherwise, people who eat healthy anti-oxidant rich foods would not be healthy with energy and functional, they would be sick and listless. It is quite the opposite. Plus, anti-oxidants, whether from food or supplements are not one trick ponies, they perform other functions, like co-enzymes, being part of protein synthesis, part of endogenous anti-oxidants {selenium, copper, zinc, manganese, etc.}, and many other metabolic functions. Of course, synthetic anti-oxidants taken in extreme doses could impair metabolic processes, and that is why they are studied heavily, to find out how they function and perform. Remember that there are 'decades' of positive research behind anti- oxidant compounds, natural or synthetic, to see how they perform, and if they cause imbalance or damage to cellular machinery and processes. It seems to be in vogue now, especially here, that all of the sudden anti-oxidants and vitamins are bad, and that all this research that shows the benefits of these compounds is allegedly wrong and mistaken. I personally will not go down that primrose path, until I actually see people becoming ill or dying young from taking anti-oxidants, and that isn't happening, by and large.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals