Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

jaa

If anyone finds a source for pure aspirin powder in Canada, or generic aspirin with minimal fillers, please let me know.

jyb

@nwo2012: That's a reassuring answer from RP, though it doesn't say why the studies were wrong.

jyb

jaa said:
If anyone finds a source for pure aspirin powder in Canada, or generic aspirin with minimal fillers, please let me know.

I think it may be not allowed for safety reasons to buy large amounts of aspirin (at least here in the UK - at Tesco's can't buy more than 2 packs). The only powder I find is for horses. I don't know if its safe...

One common additive of concern is talc. According to Wikipedia, it is added in the making of pills to aid the flowability of the powder. I filter my aspirin with a cloth, which keeps the white particles out. I think the potato starch starch gets filtered that way, but I'm not sure about talc. Need to know if it dissolves in the water and passes through.

Yves

jyb said:
@nwo2012: That's a reassuring answer from RP, though it doesn't say why the studies were wrong.

Yea I agree, which is why I have scaled back on the aspirin personally. I also find it curious that one side effect of many antibiotics is tinnitus, which is also a side effect of aspirin. There could be an endotoxin connection with that symptom.

nwo2012

Yves said:
jyb said:

Yea I agree, which is why I have scaled back on the aspirin personally. I also find it curious that one side effect of many antibiotics is tinnitus, which is also a side effect of aspirin. There could be an endotoxin connection with that symptom.

I strongly disagree as does RP. I will continue my 2-3g daily that Im currently experimenting with.

jyb

Yves said:
jyb said:

RP:
[...] anything that irritates the intestine can cause tinnitus by increasing endotoxin absorption

from http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=494

Lucy

I have a testimonial regarding aspirin. My mother broke her arm some weeks ago (she keeps breaking them due to weakened bones), and I used that opportunity to put her on 500 mg aspirin daily. I thought it would help her heal faster, as the last time she broke a bone it took 6 weeks to heal, with several x-rays needed etc.

But what happened was really unexpected. At 72 years of age she has been for some years now suffering from mental symptoms, similar to beginnings of dementia I think - forgetting things, not understanding concepts, often being confused, daydreaming... Well, after two days of taking aspirin, these symptoms reduced amazingly. She is at least 70% better I would say. Apart from that, she started sleeping "excellent" (her words), and asked me if I'm giving her some sedatives... Also, her bone healed well in a few weeks now.

And all that happened just when my father got diagnosed with eye cancer and got his eye removed, so she was under lots of stress, and in such circumstances she usually sleeps much worse and all. Frankly I'm amazed and started taking aspirin myself as well... think it helps me too with clearer thinking!

chris

Found some aspirin by Galpharm today that didn't have talc listed. Anyone know if this means there isn't any or just not listed? All the other have talc listed.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Lucy said:
I have a testimonial regarding aspirin. My mother broke her arm some weeks ago (she keeps breaking them due to weakened bones), and I used that opportunity to put her on 500 mg aspirin daily. I thought it would help her heal faster, as the last time she broke a bone it took 6 weeks to heal, with several x-rays needed etc.

But what happened was really unexpected. At 72 years of age she has been for some years now suffering from mental symptoms, similar to beginnings of dementia I think - forgetting things, not understanding concepts, often being confused, daydreaming... Well, after two days of taking aspirin, these symptoms reduced amazingly. She is at least 70% better I would say. Apart from that, she started sleeping "excellent" (her words), and asked me if I'm giving her some sedatives... Also, her bone healed well in a few weeks now.

And all that happened just when my father got diagnosed with eye cancer and got his eye removed, so she was under lots of stress, and in such circumstances she usually sleeps much worse and all. Frankly I'm amazed and started taking aspirin myself as well... think it helps me too with clearer thinking!

Lucy that is incredible!

I can notice huge differences on the days I do not take aspirin. This stuff works miracles if you ask me.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
Lucy said:

Lucy that is incredible!

I can notice huge differences on the days I do not take aspirin. This stuff works miracles if you ask me.

Yes indeed. I had two days off because I knew I was going to have to do some full contact fighting (martial arts) and didnt want to bruise too easily (you bruise regardless but any slight increase could look messy!). Well I forgot how sore my low back gets. I didnt sleep as good. I felt a little moody. I could see that mild gyno I have appear. Yes it was obvious, estrogen was going up without aspirin!

jyb

chris said:
Found some aspirin by Galpharm today that didn't have talc listed. Anyone know if this means there isn't any or just not listed? All the other have talc listed.

Sounds good if its not in the list of ingredients... Where did you buy it?

chris

jyb said:
chris said:

Sounds good if its not in the list of ingredients... Where did you buy it?

Home Bargains.

chris

Okay so I read the little leaflet you get inside the box of aspirin. The aspirin also contain starch and talc like all the others. I guess you don't need to list ingredients on the box if you just write "read leaflet for further information"

jyb

chris said:
Okay so I read the little leaflet you get inside the box of aspirin. The aspirin also contain starch and talc like all the others. I guess you don't need to list ingredients on the box if you just write "read leaflet for further information"

Ok so sticking with the usual talc + starch aspirin... following RP's recommendation, one dissolves it in warm water to increase solubility of aspirin (it won't be perfectly soluble, maybe soluble aspirin pills would be better but they seem more likely to list unwanted chemicals and flavourings in their ingredients. Hotter water will make it more soluble, but might also destroy it I think). Then, one filters the white stuff with a cloth. Do we know if the talc is really removed?

Maybe adding things like sodium bicarbonate will increase the solubility, need to Google more...

kettlebell

nwo2012 said:
Charlie said:
Lucy said:

Lucy that is incredible!

Yes indeed. I had two days off because I knew I was going to have to do some full contact fighting (martial arts) and didnt want to bruise too easily (you bruise regardless but any slight increase could look messy!). Well I forgot how sore my low back gets. I didnt sleep as good. I felt a little moody. I could see that mild gyno I have appear. Yes it was obvious, estrogen was going up without aspirin!

A year ago if someone had said to me a carrot a day and Aspirin are effective MILD aromatase inhibitors/Estrogen lowering I would have laughed at them.

kettlebell

jyb said:
chris said:

Ok so sticking with the usual talc + starch aspirin... following RP's recommendation, one dissolves it in warm water to increase solubility of aspirin (it won't be perfectly soluble, maybe soluble aspirin pills would be better but they seem more likely to list unwanted chemicals and flavourings in their ingredients. Hotter water will make it more soluble, but might also destroy it I think). Then, one filters the white stuff with a cloth. Do we know if the talc is really removed?

Maybe adding things like sodium bicarbonate will increase the solubility, need to Google more...

I think this was discussed in detail in another thread by Peatarian and another poster but I was left confused in the end.

Jenn

I only use uncoated aspirin. I started with 1/day, then occasionally, a second one later in the day if I needed it. I worked up to 2-3 per day and would back off for a while if I saw a bruise. Over the course of a few years, I now take 6-12 per day. I lost count one day and took 18 and saw a thumb print sized bruise. I ALWAYS take it with food, juice or milk or chew it. I had a nose bleed once when the air was really dry, didn't last long. I used to have a lot more when i didn't take any aspirin. (I also hardly bleed at all now during my cycle. Big bonus!) I don't take any supplements for K, but I guess I get it from my food. I don't eat any greens at all, but do drink my milk.

FunkOdyssey

Aspirin is highly detrimental to the gut's barrier function. The answer posted earlier in this thread from Ray does not address the frequent findings of increased intestinal permeability, ulceration and other clear signs of gut damage in aspirin users. There are many different approaches that have been taken to reduce this damage, including addition of buffering agents (i.e. Bufferin) which help disperse it, enteric coatings (which only serve to move the injured areas further down the small intestine), and addition of vitamin C (somewhat effective but only available in select european formulations).

jyb

Jenn said:
I only use uncoated aspirin. I started with 1/day, then occasionally, a second one later in the day if I needed it. I worked up to 2-3 per day and would back off for a while if I saw a bruise. Over the course of a few years, I now take 6-12 per day. I lost count one day and took 18 and saw a thumb print sized bruise. I ALWAYS take it with food, juice or milk or chew it. I had a nose bleed once when the air was really dry, didn't last long. I used to have a lot more when i didn't take any aspirin. (I also hardly bleed at all now during my cycle. Big bonus!) I don't take any supplements for K, but I guess I get it from my food. I don't eat any greens at all, but do drink my milk.

In my experience the K in the food is not enough when you take 1 or more tablet daily. Supplementing K proportionally to aspirin intake as suggested here should get rid of the bruising issue immediately.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals