Aspirin water for plants **specifically pothos

TacoVampire

Hi all,

I was planning on watering my pothos plant with aspirint water. Anyone try this? Do I
A just crush the aspirin in the water, wait however long for it all to disolve?
B. just add boiling water with aspirin and wait
C. Same as B and add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to pour out the top and leave the excipients in the bottom,etc?

thanks!

Hi all,

I was planning on watering my pothos plant with aspirint water. Anyone try this? Do I
A just crush the aspirin in the water, wait however long for it all to disolve?
B. just add boiling water with aspirin and wait
C. Same as B and add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to pour out the top and leave the excipients in the bottom,etc?

thanks!
I have used aspirin in cut flower bouquets….

“So next time your plant is looking a little feverish or flushed, consider reaching for some aspirin for treating what ails it. Editor suggests 1 soluble 300mg aspirin tablet to four (4) litres of water and add a small amount of wetting agent. Treat orchids every 3-4 weeks.”

“Can you put aspirin in plant water?

images

The component helps boost the plant's immune system, just like it does for us. A diluted solution of aspirin water for plants provides accelerated germination and some resistance to disease and pests. Aspirin in vegetable gardens has been shown to increase plant size and yield.”

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Very interesting. I’ve never heard of this before. I take care of lots of plants and will be experimenting with some aspirin or possibly white willow bark on some old bougainvillea plants that chronically have spider mites!
Thanks for sharing!

LeeLemonoil

Very interesting. I’ve never heard of this before. I take care of lots of plants and will be experimenting with some aspirin or possibly white willow bark on some old bougainvillea plants that chronically have spider mites!
Thanks for sharing!
Salicylic acid is a plant hormone first and foremost. Phylogenetically it seems to do a lot of organisms good

Veritas IV

One 325mg aspirin to a gallon of water, shook or stirred for 10-20 seconds, cool/cold sink water temps. The actual aspirin portion dissolves quickly, the floating particles are just cornstarch, ignore it.

Apply 3 to ~ 8oz to young vegetable plant roots immediately upon transplant. They will resume growth with 24-48 hours or so with no visible signs of transplant shock. They'll even sometimes point their leaves nearly upright, peppers more so, tomatoes less so.. With no aspirin water there are plant types that can take up to two weeks to resume growth upon transplant, rootbound habanero types especially.

Related, if you have an overwatered young vegetable plant, with the characteristic yellowed leaves, apply just a little bit of Mag sulfate (epsom) and it'll green up much more quickly.

And last but not least, plants do not have "immune systems", but sometimes it's just easier to call it that.

Thanks for sharing!
I watered a few plants with the gallon of aspirin water I mixed up, and my stinging nettle plant, that had yellow leaves and overall didn’t look as good as it should, grew new green healthy leaves really fast, within about 3 days.

Attachments

• 28ADBBCD-39E2-4723-82E9-0C8002A3D6A5.jpeg
    28ADBBCD-39E2-4723-82E9-0C8002A3D6A5.jpeg
    518.9 KB · Views: 10

Zucker

So helpful. Thank you all. I still have sone willow bark and will experiment with that.

Nfinkelstein

Can someone do a cut flower experiment? That'd be interesting. 2 identical bouquets, one with aspirin one without.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
I watered a few plants with the gallon of aspirin water I mixed up, and my stinging nettle plant, that had yellow leaves and overall didn’t look as good as it should, grew new green healthy leaves really fast, within about 3 days.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! I’m gonna try white willow bark first on some plants because I have a bunch of it that I haven’t been taking. My aspirin is so precious to me! 😆
I’ll report my results with my bougainvillea experiment here!
It should prove to be a good controlled experiment since the plants are in pots and are older established plants.

To the rest of the folks on this thread, adding earthworm casting to potted plants can really give them some noticeable growth and vitality! Better then super-thrive!
Peace

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals