Autoimmune Diseases

mostlylurking

Me too. Except my high carb diet means my thiamine requirement is even higher. I am reconsidering this - but for now I'm enjoying not being a slave to hunger. The skinny jeans have been packed away, for now, along with my ego.
Be sure to separate your thiamine supplements from anything sweet (or high carb) by at least 30 minutes. Only take thiamine with water. I'm following Peat's advice about drinking orange juice and I do put a little sugar in my milk (not more than 1 tablespoon in 18 oz milk) but other than eating oranges, that's it. Lots of people here consume a lot of extra sugar, I don't do that.

I added taking about 90mg niacinamide 4Xday last November; since then I've lost about 27 pounds.

Last edited:
OP
P

Peatness

Be sure to separate your thiamine supplements from anything sweet (or high carb) by at least 30 minutes. Only take thiamine with water. I'm following Peat's advice about drinking orange juice and I do put a little sugar in my milk (not more than 1 tablespoon in 18 oz milk) but other than eating oranges, that's it. Lots of people here consume a lot of extra sugar, I don't do that.

I added taking about 90mg niacinamide 4Xday last November; since then I've lost about 27 pounds.

Niacinamide has been helpful for my joints. I tend to take my thiamine with orange juice, thiamax. I tried it without food once, it didn't feel right.

mostlylurking

Niacinamide has been helpful for my joints. I tend to take my thiamine with orange juice, thiamax. I tried it without food once, it didn't feel right.
You are canceling out the action of the thiamine by taking it with OJ. I learned that little tip from Dr. Costantini's website: HDT Therapy also read this page: FAQ.

I couldn't tolerate thiamax when I tried it. It gave me a horrible 36 hour headache. This is because I was low on glutathione at the time and TTFD uses glutathione to work. I don't know the details, I just know I couldn't tolerate it so I stuck with thiamine hcl and followed Dr. Costantini's advice.

I have OJ and some sweetened mint tea with gelatin in the morning, wait about 30 minutes- 1 hour, then have the thiamine in water.

OP
P

Peatness

You are canceling out the action of the thiamine by taking it with OJ. I learned that little tip from Dr. Costantini's website: HDT Therapy also read this page: FAQ.

I couldn't tolerate thiamax when I tried it. It gave me a horrible 36 hour headache. This is because I was low on glutathione at the time and TTFD uses glutathione to work. I don't know the details, I just know I couldn't tolerate it so I stuck with thiamine hcl and followed Dr. Costantini's advice.

I have OJ and some sweetened mint tea with gelatin in the morning, wait about 30 minutes- 1 hour, then have the thiamine in water.
I don't get headache with thiamax. I also use Thiamine Pyrophosphate drops under the tongue. I've heard about the oj cancelling the action of thiamine but I am not convinced nor is it practical for me. However, since you are the one recovered, and I am not, I may come round to your way.

mostlylurking

I don't get headache with thiamax. I also use Thiamine Pyrophosphate drops under the tongue. I've heard about the oj cancelling the action of thiamine but I am not convinced nor is it practical for me. However, since you are the one recovered, and I am not, I may come round to your way.
Give it a try for a few days. See how you do.

OP
P

Peatness

Uveitis is a form of intraocular inflammation that can occur as a result of infection, injury, vaccination, or as a systemic manifestation of autoimmune or inflammatory diseases including sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease that involves the formation of abnormal granulomas in multiple organ systems. The hallmark of sarcoidosis is a non-caseating granuloma seen on biopsy. Here, we present a case report of a healthy 56-year-old Caucasian female who presented with uveitis sarcoidosis that was presumably initiated after administration of the Shingrix vaccine. Shingrix is a new attenuated subunit vaccine for Varicella Zoster Virus with an AS01B adjuvant that can result in a potent immune response. The Shingrix vaccine is made using Chinese hamster ovary cells which can contaminate the final vaccination product. Together, through the process of molecular mimicry and strong induction of the immune response, administration of Shingrix may have caused or exasperated this patient’s autoimmune etiology.

OP
P

Peatness

OP
P

Peatness

Neurological and autoimmune disorders after vaccination against pandemic influenza A (H1N1) with a monovalent adjuvanted vaccine: population based cohort study in Stockholm, Sweden

OP
P

Peatness

OP
P

Peatness

What about autoimmunity? This issue has been raised several times by us and others12,26 as many cases have a personal history of autoimmune diseases, such as SLE, thyroid disorders, Addison's disease, gastrointestinal autoimmune diseases, etc. It should be noted that thymectomy for thymomas or myasthenia gravis are associated with autoimmunity,29 so the recognized risk factor for thimectomy could be part of a spectrum of risk associated with autoimmune diseases. This possibility should be further investigated, and some speculative hypotheses could be explored, such as cross reaction of preformed antibodies of individuals with autoimmunity with vaccine virus, formation of immune complexes, and antibody enhancement.

Seligman evaluated risk factors for YEL-AVD, and found that there was statistical support for considering risk groups elderly males, women between the ages of 19 and 34, people with a variety of autoimmune diseases, and individuals who have been thymectomized because of thymoma.30

DonLore

@DonLore have you seen this collection of information on autoimmune issues?
Yes, but I am not sure of what practical action I should take? Thiamine and niacinamide? I have tried those, I dont know if they helped or not but I am afraid that long term thiamine could deplete magnesium and other B vitamins

sunny

Yes, but I am not sure of what practical action I should take? Thiamine and niacinamide? I have tried those, I dont know if they helped or not but I am afraid that long term thiamine could deplete magnesium and other B vitamins
Are you "autoimmune thyroid " or some other issue?

DonLore

Are you "autoimmune thyroid " or some other issue?
I dont know. Long covid kind of symptoms, I responded to you in another thread just now. But probably have some malfunctions in thyroid as well

OP
P

Peatness

Cicero Coimbra MD, PhD is a neurologist and professor at the Federal University of São Paulo, Brazil. Over the past two decades, he has created a clinical protocol to treat autoimmune diseases with the reestablishment of adequate systemic levels of vitamin D. This therapeutic approach relies on doses of vitamin D that range from 40,000 IU to 300,000 IU per day; therefore, this is a medical treatment that must always be carried out under the supervision of a qualified doctor.

In 1991, Dr. Coimbra started his post doctorate program at the Univeristy of Lund, Sweden, testing potential treatments for ischemic brain damage in rats. As a general rule in research work, he needed to be as up to date as possible on the latest findings related to his field of interest, which was clinical neuroscience. It was then that he realized that much of the therapeutic progresses achieved in clinical and experimental research were never applied to clinical practice. In spite of their immediate applicability, these practices were not being taught in medical schools, even after several corroborative reports.

Through his research, based on the current medical literature, Dr. Coimbra came to believe that vitamin D could be a fundamental therapeutic resource, since it stimulates the production of regenerative substances in the brain. So, in 2001 he began administering vitamin D in physiological doses - 10,000 IU/day - to Parkinson's Disease patients. Such a dose is the amount our own body produces when exposed a few minutes to the sun. One day, a patient came back for a return appointment after 3 months of taking 10,000 IU/day. This patient also suffered from vitiligo, an autoimmune disease, and Dr. Coimbra noticed that a big lesion the man had had on his face on the previous visit was barely visible. The lesion had almost disappeared in just a few months of administering 10,000 IU daily.

Dr. Coimbra decided to search the medical literature for the effects of vitamin D on the immune system, and found a significant number of published papers supporting an important immunoregulatory role of that powerful substance. Because multiple sclerosis is the most common neurological autoimmune disease, he started prescribing vitamin D to MS patients. That was the beginning of what is presently known as the Coimbra Protocol.

With such doses, around 10,000 IU/day, Dr. Coimbra saw a remarkable clinical improvement in the vast majority of his patients. From that point on, the doses were further increased, always supported by laboratory tests to ensure patients would not experience side effects. The results were that many of these patients found themselves completely free of the symptoms and manifestations of the disease. During the next ten years,
Dr. Coimbra and his staff gradually modified and perfected the treatment, mostly in terms of the prescribed daily doses, which grew steadily higher. From 2012 on, the desired level of efficacy was achieved and the Coimbra Protocol became very similar to what it is today.

DonLore

Cicero Coimbra MD, PhD is a neurologist and professor at the Federal University of São Paulo, Brazil. Over the past two decades, he has created a clinical protocol to treat autoimmune diseases with the reestablishment of adequate systemic levels of vitamin D. This therapeutic approach relies on doses of vitamin D that range from 40,000 IU to 300,000 IU per day; therefore, this is a medical treatment that must always be carried out under the supervision of a qualified doctor.

In 1991, Dr. Coimbra started his post doctorate program at the Univeristy of Lund, Sweden, testing potential treatments for ischemic brain damage in rats. As a general rule in research work, he needed to be as up to date as possible on the latest findings related to his field of interest, which was clinical neuroscience. It was then that he realized that much of the therapeutic progresses achieved in clinical and experimental research were never applied to clinical practice. In spite of their immediate applicability, these practices were not being taught in medical schools, even after several corroborative reports.

Through his research, based on the current medical literature, Dr. Coimbra came to believe that vitamin D could be a fundamental therapeutic resource, since it stimulates the production of regenerative substances in the brain. So, in 2001 he began administering vitamin D in physiological doses - 10,000 IU/day - to Parkinson's Disease patients. Such a dose is the amount our own body produces when exposed a few minutes to the sun. One day, a patient came back for a return appointment after 3 months of taking 10,000 IU/day. This patient also suffered from vitiligo, an autoimmune disease, and Dr. Coimbra noticed that a big lesion the man had had on his face on the previous visit was barely visible. The lesion had almost disappeared in just a few months of administering 10,000 IU daily.

Dr. Coimbra decided to search the medical literature for the effects of vitamin D on the immune system, and found a significant number of published papers supporting an important immunoregulatory role of that powerful substance. Because multiple sclerosis is the most common neurological autoimmune disease, he started prescribing vitamin D to MS patients. That was the beginning of what is presently known as the Coimbra Protocol.

With such doses, around 10,000 IU/day, Dr. Coimbra saw a remarkable clinical improvement in the vast majority of his patients. From that point on, the doses were further increased, always supported by laboratory tests to ensure patients would not experience side effects. The results were that many of these patients found themselves completely free of the symptoms and manifestations of the disease. During the next ten years,
Dr. Coimbra and his staff gradually modified and perfected the treatment, mostly in terms of the prescribed daily doses, which grew steadily higher. From 2012 on, the desired level of efficacy was achieved and the Coimbra Protocol became very similar to what it is today.
Better to just spend time in sun naked every day? I never noticed vitD effects from supplements, but I do notice sunlight benefits

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom