Balzac's Coffee

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Sounds like an interesting job! Probably a good amount of info. on certain products, which is cool :) Thanks for the tips on the other mushroom company! I think I want to experiment more with mushrooms.

The Four Sigmatic coffee arrived and was what I was expecting - it tastes like instant coffee. I'm a coffee snob, but willing to drink it if it makes me feel good. The first day I drank it on it's own with a little cream and sugar and it gave me a very mentally stimulated feeling. Then I began mixing it in my espresso and it didn't have the same effect (probably because of the other nutrients in espresso to balance it). However, in either case, I notice that it seemed to calm my stomach a bit. Could be the chaga, but it seems (and I will need to experiment more with it) it had a nice mood effect on me. I need to experiment more with it because this weekend was kind of wacky with work and it's very hot. I am thinking about making it into iced coffee this week. The caffeine content is low, so I think trying it on it's own is a much better way to see how it hits. I do like the low acidity of it - I think I might try a low acid coffee soon and see if it hits the stomach a little softer. I like my coffee strong and it often feels it hitting the stomach.

Anyhow, I'd like to try some other mushroom supplements. I think there is definitely some mood boosting I'm noticing. Like a sense of well-being. But I could be totally off. In any case, it's way better than digesting mushrooms!

That is really interesting. How does it taste? Just like regular coffee? Or is it slightly different? Are the mushroom constituents water soluble at cold temps so they would work with iced coffee or would you need to heat it first?

lindsay

That is really interesting. How does it taste? Just like regular coffee? Or is it slightly different? Are the mushroom constituents water soluble at cold temps so they would work with iced coffee or would you need to heat it first?

It tastes like regular instant coffee (so not great in my book, but definitely drinkable). My husband had some and noticed a mushroom taste - I did not really notice one. I haven't tried making it at cold temperatures, but have mixed it into hot coffee which I've then chilled and made iced coffee with. I'm heating water now to mix in a few packets to keep on hand for the hot weather. I want to try drinking the coffee on it's own again today to see what I notice. The first day was much more profound than when I mix it with espresso. It has a kick without all the caffeine and definitely is calming to the stomach. Which is why I want to test it again! I will report back later today :):

lindsay

Update on Mushroom coffee: I drank a glass this morning (after chilling it). Added one teaspoon of sugar, which is plenty for the amount of caffeine and taste factor. I like the mushroom coffee much better chilled, though it still isn't espresso. Had a productive hour of work, then went for a bike ride in 90 degree weather. Productivity stopped after that. But it does seem to help my mood, regardless, so I'm going to keep observing.

baggywrinkle

great thread ,thankyou all
I expresso and roast my own but now await the cold brew
of note the coffee book "the devils cup",is an excellent read from coffees inception and effect on consciousness to modern day

L

lollipop

I just made the most yummy natural root beer:

3 chunks of chaga mushroom (longevity warehouse sells them)
1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
1 liter water
3-4 tsp honey

Simmer for 2 hours water, cinnamon stick and chaga mushroom.
Then turn off and stir in honey.
Cool and use mixed with sparkling water 1/3 chaga concentrate, 2/3 sparkling (my husband likes 1/2 chaga 1/2 sparkling.

Super tasty.

@Tarmander do you know about Chaga benefits?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I just made the most yummy natural root beer:

3 chunks of chaga mushroom (longevity warehouse sells them)
1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
1 liter water
3-4 tsp honey

Simmer for 2 hours water, cinnamon stick and chaga mushroom.
Then turn off and stir in honey.
Cool and use mixed with sparkling water 1/3 chaga concentrate, 2/3 sparkling (my husband likes 1/2 chaga 1/2 sparkling.

Super tasty.

@Tarmander do you know about Chaga benefits?

That sounds great! I am a bit familiar with Chaga from my health food store days, but I never looked at it through a Peat prism. What kinds of things does it do?

L

lollipop

That sounds great! I am a bit familiar with Chaga from my health food store days, but I never looked at it through a Peat prism. What kinds of things does it do?
I don't know - lol. Was hoping you knew :lol time to google.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals