Best diet for Husky with autoimmune

LA

To clarify, I’ve diagnosed him, I’m not a vet. Any thoughts on a diet that can help a Husky with autoimmune / Hyperkeratosis symptoms- cracked and peeling nose that has lost its pigment (went from black to pink), little growths around snout and lips, also presents with hardened, thick skin on paws which he digs at. He’s always been a bit underweight, no matter what we’ve tried. He is a true husky and can go days without food, and would run forever if he could. We’ve been on a “raw” diet with him for sometime- Turkey or chicken necks, egg and shell, various organs, some beef, sometimes cod.

It seems there is a malabsorption of Zinc in these cases. He loves oysters. Any thoughts?

I wonder what would Ray do?
wow your dog is beautiful!!! We used to rescue Rottweilers and if dogs are very sick they need to eat raw meat. You have probably heard of that solution although many people are unable to do it. You might consult with some dog healers in your area especially the ones that rescued big dogs that were forced to engage in illegal fighting - those kind of rescue people absolutely know how to save big dogs.

Saphire

My girl was on Raw for years, she developed a mass cell tumor on her head that had to be surgically removed. Thank God it wasn’t cancerous. She has always been very finicky with stomach issues, skin issues and such. After her surgery I came across a book from a vet that deals with MCC and followed his regimen for awhile. Then I wanted to simplify things because between my food allergies and my dogs issues I was in the kitchen all the time. So now I use Dr Harvey’s Canine Health and the only thing I pre-fix is her Turkey. She is doing great on this food regimen. Just thought I would share with what I have used that works. By the way, beautiful puppers 🥰
Dr. Harvey's Canine Health Miracle Dog Food, Human Grade Dehydrated Base Mix for Dogs with Organic Whole Grains and Vegetables (10 Pounds) Amazon.com

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom