Best Supplement For Constipation In Your Experience?

Gone Peating

I always knew my mother suffered from chronic constipation but I never knew it was this bad - she poops only once a week typically!

I was devastated when my dad told me, I'm still angry just thinking about all the suffering she's experienced over the years because of an incompetent medical system and uneducated medical workforce.

She has chronic sinus infections and Sjogrens - I am 99% sure they are a result of her atrocious gut health.

I'm going to see her on Thanksgiving and I'm going to make sure she gets on a Peat diet with a lot of juice, carrot salad, and wheatgrass.

As for as supplements I am thinking lapodin, magnesium chloride (both for constipation and for sinuses), and oxidal.

Can anyone please list any other supplement that's been able to get their bowels working like they should be?

I would greatly appreciate it

LUH 3417

Magnoil made me go like 3x a day but I also developed very weird wrist pain while taking it so I had to stop.

OP
G

Gone Peating

Magnoil made me go like 3x a day but I also developed very weird wrist pain while taking it so I had to stop.

ok thank you, i know dmso can be problematic for some i'll stick with mag chloride or mag carbonate

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

olive

3kg of purple sweet potato a day. Guarantee she will have 3-5 no wipe bowel movements a day.

Elias

I always knew my mother suffered from chronic constipation but I never knew it was this bad - she poops only once a week typically!

I was devastated when my dad told me, I'm still angry just thinking about all the suffering she's experienced over the years because of an incompetent medical system and uneducated medical workforce.

She has chronic sinus infections and Sjogrens - I am 99% sure they are a result of her atrocious gut health.

I'm going to see her on Thanksgiving and I'm going to make sure she gets on a Peat diet with a lot of juice, carrot salad, and wheatgrass.

As for as supplements I am thinking lapodin, magnesium chloride (both for constipation and for sinuses), and oxidal.

Can anyone please list any other supplement that's been able to get their bowels working like they should be?

I would greatly appreciate it
Cascara Sagrada. Use it since 2017. I small capsule per day [which is about 1/10 of a tablespoon], at night time. Nothing I have tried before worked. This is a keeper and is safe for children and elderly. No side effects whatsoever.

Elias

Cascara Sagrada. Use it since 2017. I small capsule per day [which is about 1/10 of a tablespoon], at night time. Nothing I have tried before worked. This is a keeper and is safe for children and elderly. No side effects whatsoever.
By the way, the Melanosis coli that is reported due to the use of Cascara Sagrada, has not been proven to be harmful. All studies of Melanosis coli involve diseased bowels, and thus no effort has been done to study whether Melanosis coli produces harm to a healthy bowel.

olive

Are you sure? In my experience, sweet potatoes slow down transit time
I can confirm from my own anecdotal experience and those told to me by my clients. Sweet potato is high in fibre, magnesium, b1, copper, potassium, etc all necessary for healthy bowel movements. Add some fruit, greens and shellfish and you have a complete, balanced micronutrient rich diet.

OP
G

Gone Peating

I can confirm from my own anecdotal experience and those told to me by my clients. Sweet potato is high in fibre, magnesium, b1, copper, potassium, etc all necessary for healthy bowel movements. Add some fruit, greens and shellfish and you have a complete, balanced micronutrient rich diet.

I'll give it a try, maybe the purple ones are different

OP
G

Gone Peating

Nice thank you, what brand do you use?

CLASH

@Gone Peating
Avoid opiate containing foods like dairy, soy, and wheat, perhaps other grains as well.

Sweet potatoes make me go but wipe out my libido pretty reliably. They also can give you gas.

CLASH

@olive
Me and resistant starch/ certain fodmaps are not good friends. Always gives me gas, no matter what. If I eat starch its always with some fruit or 100% fruit juice. Starch usually makes me crave a sugar to go along with it.

olive

@olive
Me and resistant starch/ certain fodmaps are not good friends. Always gives me gas, no matter what. If I eat starch its always with some fruit or 100% fruit juice. Starch usually makes me crave a sugar to go along with it.
Unfavourable gut microbiome I’d imagine. Not an expert on the subject so I won’t make recommendations.

CLASH

@olive
Yes, thats been my biggest issue, at one point I had issues with all fibers.
I've recently solved it in the past year or so.

I think the issue, particularly with starch, is that I lack a gallbladder. I think bile plays a role in activating some of the enzymes involved in starch degredation. Once I had my gallbladder removed whether I ate sweet potato, banana, yam, or potato, whether fried in coconut oil or boiled/ pressure cooked I wound up passing undigested fragments. When I had a dysbiosis this was like throwing fuel on a fire in the colon. Since solving the colon issue I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but even so I still dont digest starch well at all.

Do you find microbiome issues to be a main issue in your clients?

olive

@olive
Yes, thats been my biggest issue, at one point I had issues with all fibers.
I've recently solved it in the past year or so.

I think the issue, particularly with starch, is that I lack a gallbladder. I think bile plays a role in activating some of the enzymes involved in starch degredation. Once I had my gallbladder removed whether I ate sweet potato, banana, yam, or potato, whether fried in coconut oil or boiled/ pressure cooked I wound up passing undigested fragments. When I had a dysbiosis this was like throwing fuel on a fire in the colon. Since solving the colon issue I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but even so I still dont digest starch well at all.

Do you find microbiome issues to be a main issue in your clients?
Usually any microbiome issues clear up within a few days on the new diet as the gut is very adaptable, especially when you supply nutrient rich whole foods.

Lone Bunman

Short term/crisis situation: ungodly amount of vitamin C. That will turn you into a wind tunnel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals