Beta-Alanine, Carnosine, Lactate And Histamine

ddjd

Hi Joeyd, thanks for sharing. Funny you mention that -- I've had bone pain since using this that last few days. But, for reference, K2, A, and other supps can give me bone pain as well. Maybe PTSD was not an issue for you, but Haidut has a thread that speaks to beta-alanine being used for that. Can you speak to this effectiveness or was this not an issue for you? Ultimately, even if it did help with that, it seems the cons outweigh the pros.
it does have very strong anti anxiety effects, but its something to do with GABA, and glycine or taurine have the exact same anti anxiety effects. I prefer glycine of the three. taurine also caused me issues long term.

Mossy

it does have very strong anti anxiety effects, but its something to do with GABA, and glycine or taurine have the exact same anti anxiety effects. I prefer glycine of the three. taurine also caused me issues long term.
Hmm, interesting. I would have to say one of my favorite amino acids is taurine, with regard to anxiety. Please share anything you think would help with regard to the long-term effects of taurine--were they the same, better, or worse than beta-alanine?

Glycine gives me a major hang-over effect, and I go out of my way now not to take it; if I do take it, I try to mix it with other stuff. Funny, how that works -- different bodies prefer different supps.

ddjd

Hmm, interesting. I would have to say one of my favorite amino acids is taurine, with regard to anxiety. Please share anything you think would help with regard to the long-term effects of taurine--were they the same, better, or worse than beta-alanine?

Glycine gives me a major hang-over effect, and I go out of my way now not to take it; if I do take it, I try to mix it with other stuff. Funny, how that works -- different bodies prefer different supps.
i took taurine for about a year, maybe 2g a day. lots of positives, but i think it was depleting something and i was getting some weird nerve problems which only stopped when i stopped taurine. oh and my sweat started stinking of sulfur. doesnt glycine increase oxelate? maybe thats the reason for the hangover symptoms?

ebs

What kind of issues did taurine cause for you?

ebs

I'm currently taking 2 grams of taurine at the start of the day, based on recommendations on this forum and elsewhere. Could this amount cause beta alanine depletion (if that can even happen) over time?

Johnathan5544

Best way to raise carnosine is actually anserine

Development and validation of a sensitive LC–MS/MS assay for the quantification of anserine in human plasma and urine and its application to pharmacokinetic study

1. Compared to carnosine, a lower interaction energy of anserine with carnosinase-1 was suggested by molecular modelling studies. Conversely, the two dipeptides seems to have similar interaction with the PEPT1 transporter. It can be concluded that nutritionally relevant doses of synthesized anserine are well-absorbed and that its degradation by serum carnosinase-1 is less pronounced compared to carnosine. This makes anserine a good candidate as a more stable carnosine-analogue to attenuate chronic diseases in humans.

Foods highest in anserine go prawns, tuna, chicken, and turkey breast, salmon. ham has actual carnosine.
Prawns are also high in astaxanthin, vitamin E, and creatine phosphate.

hotte

Best way to raise carnosine is actually anserine

Development and validation of a sensitive LC–MS/MS assay for the quantification of anserine in human plasma and urine and its application to pharmacokinetic study

1. Compared to carnosine, a lower interaction energy of anserine with carnosinase-1 was suggested by molecular modelling studies. Conversely, the two dipeptides seems to have similar interaction with the PEPT1 transporter. It can be concluded that nutritionally relevant doses of synthesized anserine are well-absorbed and that its degradation by serum carnosinase-1 is less pronounced compared to carnosine. This makes anserine a good candidate as a more stable carnosine-analogue to attenuate chronic diseases in humans.

Foods highest in anserine go prawns, tuna, chicken, and turkey breast, salmon. ham has actual carnosine.
Prawns are also high in astaxanthin, vitamin E, and creatine phosphate.

Unfortunately there is no anserine supplement on the market.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals