BIG FAT DIRTY PIG

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'm an equal opportunity eater lol. So many people don't eat stuff that are nutritious because of some reason.

Doctors will say liver cause high uric acid, and there goes the copper, and vit A and k2. Same thing with oysters because it's a scavenger and eats waste.. Lobsters and crabs and shrimp as well-scavengers. And they lose out on copper, and then they have to supplement. And those that don't they have some issues.

I used to buy expensive Himalayan salt. What a waste. I just needed sea salt that has iodine and its just as useful.

Notice that Ray Peat doesn't talk much about many things that involve prohibition, as that may end up with people avoiding foods that matter, and paying extra for foods that don't matter.

If you're deficient, you're still sick even if you avoid the animals with germs. If you're not deficient, you can handle many things that come your way because your body has the energy and metabolism to withstand insults.

I'm certainly not going to eat raw pork, but I'm not avoiding eating pork as I have a healthy respect for the critters in them. I'm not avoiding rivers because I can drown if I get drunk and take a swim in calm rivers, but I can learn about reading a river and knowing if I should walk a stretch of it instead of go suicidal kayaking white water that tells me I'm going to be eaten up by the current.

You have to manage your risks well enough to get the most out of life.

Until I am on a deserted island, without many food options, I am not an equal opportunity eater. I cut out fast food many years ago, grains (for the most part) shortly after that, and am feeling, and looking much better for it. I am glad I am in a position to be more discerning and have the willpower to choose the healthier options, rather than eat what tastes good or what ever is thrown at me. I bring my own food most times at gatherings. If there comes a day when my better choice is pork, then my taste buds will be thrilled, but for now I bequeath you Yerrag with my pork shares.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Pigs have an unusually high DAO content in their kidneys, which is why they can eat crap (spoiled food) that would make us sick. DAO is the enzyme that degrades histamine. DAO supplements are usually extracted from porcine kidneys, however they can also be made from pea sprouts (grown in the dark to increase the DAO content).

That is 1 point for the pig! Good to know ALS :)

yerrag

Until I am on a deserted island, without many food options, I am not an equal opportunity eater. I cut out fast food many years ago, grains (for the most part) shortly after that, and am feeling, and looking much better for it. I am glad I am in a position to be more discerning and have the willpower to choose the healthier options, rather than eat what tastes good or what ever is thrown at me. I bring my own food most times at gatherings. If there comes a day when my better choice is pork, then my taste buds will be thrilled, but for now I bequeath you Yerrag with my pork shares.
I'm enjoying these pork shares now:

1629463430521.png

This is to die for!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Pigs are naturally scavengers that will eat anything they come in contact with and are dirty animals. Pigs are well known to show cannibalistic behaviors by eating their own dead carcasses as well as consuming food scraps, insects and their own fecal matter. Pigs are even known to kill and eat their own young.

It should be well expected that pigs harbor large concentrations of viruses and parasites because of their scavenger lifestyle. These pathogenic organisms create dangerous health complications. Pigs are the primary hosts or carriers of the following viruses and parasites (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).

Menangle virusHepatitis E virus (HEV)Nipah virusTaenia solium tapewormPRRS (Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome)

Significantly high concentrations of Yersinia enterocolitica and other volatile microorganisms were found in 69% of all raw pork samples tested as reported following a Consumer Reports investigation (8). This microbe causes gastrointestinal stress which leads to fever and possibly a fatal infection which tells you why pork is bad for you."

Dr. B

"If we were to rank popular meats by their healthfulness, the order would be (1) fish and shellfish, (2) ruminants (beef, lamb, goat), and (3) birds (duck, chicken, turkey). In last place would be pork."
-perfecthealthdiet.com
strange for number 1...? wouldnt Ray have ruminants as number one? fish are high pufa... even shellfish have pufa...
"In this country, lard is toxic beause the pigs are fed large quantities of corn and soy beans. Besides the natural toxicity of the seed oils, the oils are contaminated with agricultural chemicals. Corn farmers have a very high incidence of cancer, presumably because corn "requires" the use of more pesticides. This probably makes corn oil's toxicity greater than it would be otherwise. but even the pure, organically grown material is toxic, because of its unsaturation."

Besides PUFA's, there is more....

"There are reasons that the meat of the pig becomes more saturated with toxins than many of its counterpart farm animals. The first reason has to do with the digestive system of a pig. A pig digests whatever it eats rather quickly, in up to about four hours. On the other hand, a cow takes a good 24 hours to digest what it’s eaten. During the digestive process, animals (including humans) get rid of excess toxins as well as other components of the food eaten that could be dangerous to health. Since the pig’s digestive system operates rather basically, many of these toxins remain in its system to be stored in its more than adequate fatty tissues ready for our consumption. Another issue with the pig is that it has very few functional sweat glands and can barely sweat at all. (3) Sweat glands are a tool the body uses to be rid of toxins. This leaves more toxins in the pig’s body. When you consume pork meat, you too get all these toxins that weren’t eliminated from the pig. None of us needs more toxins in our systems." -Dr Axe

"Pork is now fed corn and soy beans, so lard is usually as toxic as those oils; use only lean pork."
-Ray Peat

interesting, so do you think some of these religious methods like halal kosher are based nutritionally to some extent. @yerrag Iirc Judaism prohibits shellfish consumption, some sects of Islam do as well? they prohibit pork,
and they have a slaughter method that supposedly drains more blood from the meat. I heard in some american slaughterhouses, they actually use something called the 'devils cut' which is where the cow is cut from the stomach area instead of the throat, supposedly leads to more blood collecting inside the cow instead of being drained out.
I wonder why they restrict shellfish, it's also one of the 8 major allergens, is there something seriously wrong or allergenic with shellfish...? krill oil seems to cause strange effects that fish oil doesnt, and i wonder if its due to toxins in krill compared to other fish, toxins in the antarctic ocean, or due to the phosphatidylcholine or astaxanthin in krill, causes some side effect?

i heard the sea salt has toxins in it that the pink salt or "real salt" wouldnt have
i think its called redmonds real salt, its from some mountains in the US, supposedly its quality is as good as sea salt, they advertise their brand and himalayan pink salt as being free of toxins in sea salt.

btw, something I was thinking about regarding the dead sea
i dont know if theres salts of it sold but, supposedly its the saltiest sea ever in the world, so salty theres no life in it or something and you can easily float or easily drown (cant remember which)
theres a bunch of Israeli dead sea products, soaps lotions cremes etc. actually it seems if you go to any shopping mall in the US there's an Israeli company kiosk selling the dead sea products. one of the women was acting strange, immediately rubbing lotion over my hands and even rubbing creme on my cheeks while saying flirty things.

that dead sea, apparently got its name from the Biblical story, wasn't it a town of gay people who were killed by God due to being gay? do you think the story was true, and do you think that the dead sea being uninhabitable, being the saltiest sea ever etc is due to massive decomposition of human bodies? and do you think there would be remnants of anything human, in salts from the dead sea.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
strange for number 1...? wouldnt Ray have ruminants as number one? fish are high pufa... even shellfish have pufa...

interesting, so do you think some of these religious methods like halal kosher are based nutritionally to some extent. @yerrag Iirc Judaism prohibits shellfish consumption, some sects of Islam do as well? they prohibit pork,
and they have a slaughter method that supposedly drains more blood from the meat. I heard in some american slaughterhouses, they actually use something called the 'devils cut' which is where the cow is cut from the stomach area instead of the throat, supposedly leads to more blood collecting inside the cow instead of being drained out.
I wonder why they restrict shellfish, it's also one of the 8 major allergens, is there something seriously wrong or allergenic with shellfish...? krill oil seems to cause strange effects that fish oil doesnt, and i wonder if its due to toxins in krill compared to other fish, toxins in the antarctic ocean, or due to the phosphatidylcholine or astaxanthin in krill, causes some side effect?

i heard the sea salt has toxins in it that the pink salt or "real salt" wouldnt have
i think its called redmonds real salt, its from some mountains in the US, supposedly its quality is as good as sea salt, they advertise their brand and himalayan pink salt as being free of toxins in sea salt.

btw, something I was thinking about regarding the dead sea
i dont know if theres salts of it sold but, supposedly its the saltiest sea ever in the world, so salty theres no life in it or something and you can easily float or easily drown (cant remember which)
theres a bunch of Israeli dead sea products, soaps lotions cremes etc. actually it seems if you go to any shopping mall in the US there's an Israeli company kiosk selling the dead sea products. one of the women was acting strange, immediately rubbing lotion over my hands and even rubbing creme on my cheeks while saying flirty things.

that dead sea, apparently got its name from the Biblical story, wasn't it a town of gay people who were killed by God due to being gay? do you think the story was true, and do you think that the dead sea being uninhabitable, being the saltiest sea ever etc is due to massive decomposition of human bodies? and do you think there would be remnants of anything human, in salts from the dead sea.
No Ray doesn't say to eat beef and says that oysters and shellfish and liver should be eaten once a week. He says beef once a week is okay, but he does recommend beef for good health because of it's high iron, tryptophan and phosphorus load.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Muscle protein is very rich in tryptophan and cysteine, and these amino acids suppress the thyroid gland’s function, and are potentially toxic to nerves, especially in the presence of cortisol and hypoglycemia. Tryptophan is turned into serotonin, which promotes lipid peroxidation, blood clotting, and certain patterns of nerve activity. Serotonin can suppress mitochondrial respiration, and along with the reduced body temperature that it produces, a pattern of torpor or helplessness tends to be produced.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Tryptophan, from dietary protein or from the catabolism of muscles, is turned into serotonin which activates the pituitary stress hormones, increasing cortisol, and intensifying catabolism, which releases more tryptophan. It suppresses thyroid function, which leads to an increased need for the stress hormones. Serotonin impairs glucose oxidation, and contributes to many of the problems associated with diabetes." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"50% of the animal is glycine and collagen. ancient cultures ate the whole animal and prized the organs and skin, and gave most of the muscle meat to the dogs." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"If meat consumption in the US contributes to the very high cancer rate, it clearly isn't the quantity of meat consumed, but rather the quality of the meat." -Rsy Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Because the polyamines intensity the neurotoxic and carcinogenic effects of estrogen and of polyunsaturated fats, those three types of substance should be considered as a functional unit in making food choices. (Grass-fed organic beef fresh from a local farm would be a reasonable choice.) Unfortunately, the meat industry has maximized all of those dangers, just for the increased weight of their product." -Ray Peat

Dr. B

No Ray doesn't say to eat beef and says that oysters and shellfish and liver should be eaten once a week. He says beef once a week is okay, but he does recommend beef for good health because of it's high iron, tryptophan and phosphorus load.
i think he said up to 8oz beef a day is fine. but i guess that was what he considered the safe limit...

"Because the polyamines intensity the neurotoxic and carcinogenic effects of estrogen and of polyunsaturated fats, those three types of substance should be considered as a functional unit in making food choices. (Grass-fed organic beef fresh from a local farm would be a reasonable choice.) Unfortunately, the meat industry has maximized all of those dangers, just for the increased weight of their product." -Ray Peat

the three substances are polyamines, estrogen and PUFA?
what causes polyamines, which foods contain them?

"Tryptophan, from dietary protein or from the catabolism of muscles, is turned into serotonin which activates the pituitary stress hormones, increasing cortisol, and intensifying catabolism, which releases more tryptophan. It suppresses thyroid function, which leads to an increased need for the stress hormones. Serotonin impairs glucose oxidation, and contributes to many of the problems associated with diabetes." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Itvall
i think he said up to 8oz beef a day is fine. but i guess that was what he considered the safe limit...

the three substances are polyamines, estrogen and PUFA?
what causes polyamines, which foods contain them?

Meat consumption everyday, if it is grass fed, probably won't cause problems as long as it balanced with gelatin, caffeine and calcium. It just all depends on what your goals are. For me i am trying to keep wrinkles at bay so red meat and grains are limited in my diet, having too much phosphorus and iron.. I focus on shellfish and liver instead.

Dr. B

Itvall

Meat consumption everyday ifbit is grass fed probably won't cause problems as long as it balanced with gelatin, caffeine and calcium. It just all depends on what your goals are. For me i am trying to keep wrinkles at bay so red meat and grains are limited in my diet, having too much phosphorus and iron.. I focus on shellfish and liver instead.
interesting, grains are a high phosphate food? even rice?
i do try to keep grains meat limited, like a burger once a week, donut once a month, ice cream should be once a week but i just havent felt like eating it.
i dont want to supplement calcium, and not sure about caffeine.
i really need another protein source,
BTW do you think the Bible is right on shellfish considering it was right about prohibiting pig? are there issues with shellfish? i think they have issues nowadays due to ocean toxicity. unless its like in new zealand, those might be fine.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
i do try to keep grains meat limited, like a burger once a week, donut once a month, ice cream should be once a week but i just havent felt like eating it.
BTW do you think the Bible is right on shellfish considering it was right about prohibiting pig? are there issues with shellfish? i think they have issues nowadays due to ocean toxicity. unless its like in new zealand, those might be fine.

Yep I do think shellfish is problematic for many reasons now, otherwise I would eat it everyday. In Biblical times pork and shellfish eaten raw could kill you, not so much with raw fish and beef. Though liver and shellfish are high phosphorus too, the extreme amount of zinc and copper makes the occasional meal of it far more worth it than beef, pork and poultry. That is really what "Peating" is all about, risk vs benefits and how to minimize the risks when partaking.

"Many whole grains contain phosphorus, including wheat, oats and rice. Whole wheat contains the most phosphorus (291 mg or 194 grams per cooked cup), followed by oats (180 mg or 234 grams per cooked cup) and rice (162 mg or 194 grams per cooked cup)"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What about eggs for a protein source or cheese, like mozzarella? I had a raw egg blended with a cup of 2% milk and a tablespoon sugar for lunch and a liver Tostada for dinner. The masa tortilla has only 12 carbs. I figure I got 50 grams of protein from those two along with some milk in my coffee. A couple of glasses of milk and maybe a custard will put me at 80 grams.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I like anything I can put lots of hot sauce on. Oyster stew is my other favorite go to!

Dr. B

Yep I do think shellfish is problematic for many reasons now, otherwise I would eat it everyday. In Biblical times pork and shellfish eaten raw could kill you, not so much with raw fish and beef. Though liver and shellfish are high phosphorus too, the extreme amount of zinc and copper makes the occasional meal of it far more worth it than beef, pork and poultry. That is really what "Peating" is all about, risk vs benefits and how to minimize the risks when partaking.

"Many whole grains contain phosphorus, including wheat, oats and rice. Whole wheat contains the most phosphorus (291 mg or 194 grams per cooked cup), followed by oats (180 mg or 234 grams per cooked cup) and rice (162 mg or 194 grams per cooked cup)"
I dont understand, why would raw shellfish or pork kill you back then? cant you eat shellfish raw nowadays?
liver is eaten in small amounts, an ounce or two a day, so the high phosphate can easily be overwhelmed with a good milk diet, or even some OJ, figs, coconut water
is that whole brown rice for phosphorus

Dr. B

Wh
What about eggs for a protein source or cheese, like mozzarella? I had a raw egg blended with a cup of 2% milk and a tablespoon sugar for lunch and a liver Tostada for dinner. The masa tortilla has only 12 carbs. I figure I got 50 grams of protein from those two along with some milk in my coffee. A couple of glasses of milk and maybe a custard will put me at 80 grams.
which mozzerella do you use what's a good brand?
im not sure about it. i want one without enzymes. sounds interesting, could be easily eaten

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals