BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) and Glucose number interpretation

Advocate2021

just got lots of blood work results back- which all looked pretty great and doc said all good but when i examined i noted very slight elevations above the ranges for the two above referenced things and wonder if any significance? not to the doctor but we are more scrutinizing here. input appreciated on below:

BUN
26 mg/dL
High
Reference Range: 10 - 23
________________________________________________________________________________

glucose
112 mg/dL
High
Reference Range: 74 -106
______________________________________________________________________________________________

These were not fasting and taken around 11:30 a.m.

the ton of other stuff done all looked great on paper- thyroid, hormones, CBC, platelets, comprehensive metabolic.,etc.

Thanks!!

Jennifer

just got lots of blood work results back- which all looked pretty great and doc said all good but when i examined i noted very slight elevations above the ranges for the two above referenced things and wonder if any significance? not to the doctor but we are more scrutinizing here. input appreciated on below:

BUN
26 mg/dL
High
________________________________________________________________________________

glucose
112 mg/dL
High
______________________________________________________________________________________________

the ton of other stuff done all looked great on paper- thyroid, hormones, CBC, platelets, comprehensive metabolic.,etc.

Thanks!!

Had you had enough to drink prior to the test? I once had a slightly elevated BUN and my doctor said that can be due to dehydration.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

Had you had enough to drink prior to the test? I once had a slightly elevated BUN and my doctor said that can be due to dehydration.
thanks dear. that what i thought most likely. was running around from appointment to appointment and running late so most likely probably that was it. just being really scrutinizing of it any little thing to try to get to the bottom of my remaining enigma. i think this doc thinks i m crazy because my blood work looks so good for the most part. i thought maybe my issues were hormonal and nagged him into doing tons of hormone tests but they all look amazing. the investigation continues...

Jennifer

thanks dear. that what i thought most likely. was running around from appointment to appointment and running late so most likely probably that was it. just being really scrutinizing of it any little thing to try to get to the bottom of my remaining enigma. i think this doc thinks i m crazy because my blood work looks so good for the most part. i thought maybe my issues were hormonal and nagged him into doing tons of hormone tests but they all look amazing. the investigation continues...

You’re welcome, love! Personally, I would really consider the gut angle. Have you noticed any improvements since limiting the high histamine foods?

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

You’re welcome, love! Personally, I would really consider the gut angle. Have you noticed any improvements since limiting the high histamine foods?
i always consider it and thought i had done everything i could these last few years with much improvement; but maybe there is more. i am seeing some effects from the lower regime; however also learning by fire that although certain things are considered low histamine such as grapes, blueberry, apple; juices in bottles purchased off the shelves are not so great i tried to replace OJ with apple juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, blueberry juice for instance- all organic but i think these juices have issues - could be mold could be histamine so it's a constant learning process. Rinse and Repeat is very helpful and knowledgeable in this regard. I never realized the commercial food supply is just loaded with histamine. requires much study and sourcing on -line i think to overcome this issue. After already returning an entire refrigerator of high histamine foods to whole foods and natural grocers, i now must go back and return a bunch i thought were low histamine. and also allergies factor in - for instance i had a terrible allergic reaction to nettle I tried which i through was acting as antihistamine for them so had that happen and confounded all else. i see there is much to this histamine thing but its incredibly nuanced finding foods one can eat that are truly low histamine and dont have other issues. becoming very sensitive to it now that i am aware and have eliminated so many histamine foods.

Jennifer

@Advocate2021, I understand. I ended up having an allergic reaction to nettle after years of consuming it without issue.

B

Blaze

BUN
26 mg/dL
High

glucose
112 mg/dL
High

Thanks!!
A modestly elevated BUN sometimes just means that you were dehydrated when the blood sample was collected and not necessarily a problem with your kidney function.

When other laboratory tests and your Doctor's physical exam detects no other issues, a second test at a later date should be done to reassure you and to be be certain that the first reading was only a temporary elevation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals