Can Long-term High Vitamin D Cause Weird Skull/forehead Growth?

tankasnowgod

Vitamin D pulls calcium from the bones. If you add large amounts calcium to high vit D supplementation, you are likely to suffer from hypercalcemia. You might want to consider getting some vitamin K2, it should help reverse the calcification of soft tissue.

Where has it ever been demonstrated that Vitamin D pulls calcium from bones?

Hugh Johnson

Where has it ever been demonstrated that Vitamin D pulls calcium from bones?
Hypercalcemia occurs as a result of increased calcium absorption from the intestine and increased bone mobilization. The 25(OH)D3 or 25(OH)D2 which are present in increased amounts bind to the vitamin D receptor in sufficient amounts to induce processes that enhance intestinal calcium absorption and enhance bone mobilization (81, 82, 83, 308, 309, 311). In in vitro radioligand bind

Vitamin D-Mediated Hypercalcemia: Mechanisms, Diagnosis, and Treatment

On a phone right now. I could be wrong of course and this only applies to hypervitaminosis but it does not change my concern that high D and Calcium combo without K2 would risk soft tissue calcification.

Now is a good time to check for nutrient deficiencies. NutrEval, a comprehensive hormone panel, a thyroid panel, genetic testing, etc. If caught early enough, maybe one of the treatments will work. Topical DMSO + magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (+ MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C internally; taper up to at least 10 g MSM 2x/day by adding 1g/week; 4:1 MSM:C), topical Lugol's iodine, nicotinic acid + vitamin C, vitamin K2 MK-4 (+ vitamin D3 + chelated/TRAACS magnesium), etc..

It's said balding is due to calcification impairing circulation (and causing increased conversion to DHT), estrogen increasing calcification, oxidation, etc..

im using vitamin k to reduce the calcification. getting my thyroid done. Not so sure about MSM.
Did this protocol help you?

do you have numbers? like an increase in the size of your helmet or hat? i noticed some strange head growth too. i gained 2cm circumference from mid 20s to eraly 30s. idk why. might be due to stoping finasteride, and/or supplemienting D3/sunbathing and working out. the growth appears to be mostly in length and width, especially in the ear region. and its not symmetrical, the right frontal lobe looks like protruding...just awful

no numbers. your head gets bulbous around the ears and gets eggy and bony near the forehead almost like you're developing a bone crest

baccheion

im using vitamin k to reduce the calcification. getting my thyroid done. Not so sure about MSM.
Did this protocol help you?

no numbers. your head gets bulbous around the ears and gets eggy and bony near the forehead almost like you're developing a bone crest
I'm not balding.

Frankdee20

I tried this for my T levels a while back. Didn't work, need doctor's referral. Thanks Canada :P
(I ended up getting the test done by pretending to have "performance issues" then the doc budged lol)

Guess I'll bite the bullet and look into home testing.

Doctor's are real ******* morons sometimes.

LUH 3417

I’ve been taking 10,000iu of vitamin d because my levels were low (28). I started eating more dairy too and I have shortness of breath. Could this be hypercalcemia? I take 1mg of k2 Thinking it’d balance out my calcium metabolism. My knees hurt really bad today after rebounding for 20 min yesterday. Don’t know what is going on

baccheion

I’ve been taking 10,000iu of vitamin d because my levels were low (28). I started eating more dairy too and I have shortness of breath. Could this be hypercalcemia? I take 1mg of k2 Thinking it’d balance out my calcium metabolism. My knees hurt really bad today after rebounding for 20 min yesterday. Don’t know what is going on
Do you also take (enough) magnesium? 1 mg K2 MK-4 may be enough, but 2 mg is better (10 IU : 2 mcg+).

BigChad

High supplementation of Vitamin D can depreciate levels of vitamin A and K.... It lowers dhea potassium copper and magnesium as well and these nutrients are required to keep brain plasticity(protect from grey mass shrinkage) ... so If you take too much vitamin D you need to supplement It with other nutrients to prevent deficiency

Where did you get vitamin D lowering dhea. That doesn't sound good at all

GorillaHead

I receded and I am pretty sure my head size is the same. Still fit in the same hat.

Skull growth never made any sense to losing hair.

Transgenders get on medication often get their hair back. So what like their head is shrinking now.

nbznj

This forum will find anything to blame estrogen

High vitamin D and calcium, as is expected from the diet and supplements often recommended here, can lead to calcification of the small capillaries at the scalp. It’s not estrogen... instead of popping supplement on top of supplement, with dubious absorption rates, perhaps sticking to real food and a bit of sunlight without sunscreen will prove healthier

baccheion

Vitamin a and k will counteract that?
I don't think the estrogen is usually raised in a bad way.

As for lowering, estradiol increases at low serum calcium/25(OH)D to absorb more calcium. Achieving sufficiency blunts such unnecessary elevation.

Vitamin A could be relevant, as deficiency results in more conversion to estrogen at the testes.

Overall, vitamin D modulates aromatase activity and estrogen effectiveness/sensitivity. If elevating estrogen, it is likely in a positive way (assuming no deficiencies, as even elevation to restore calcium is a positive, though avoidable, compared to hypocalcemia).

GreekDemiGod

My knees hurt really bad today after rebounding for 20 min yesterday
Been taking high-dose D3 (5000 - 10000 IU) for a couple of months now. Tested my levels recently and they were on the high range of normal.
Still taking it.
I too experienced the odd knee pains every now and then.
I also took standard dose K2 (100 mcg) and Magnesium Glycinate (200 - 400 mg) for a while, but for the most part, I just took the high-dose D3.

Should I increase my Magnesium and K2 intake?

I went back to using vitamin D3 orally instead of topically, so far I've noticed more benefits, now that my gut is stronger.

Btw, honey is a good source of boron, although it probably is subjected to some variability, depending on the source.

baccheion

Been taking high-dose D3 (5000 - 10000 IU) for a couple of months now. Tested my levels recently and they were on the high range of normal.
Still taking it.
I too experienced the odd knee pains every now and then.
I also took standard dose K2 (100 mcg) and Magnesium Glycinate (200 - 400 mg) for a while, but for the most part, I just took the high-dose D3.

Should I increase my Magnesium and K2 intake?
Try 300 IU/kg D3, even if it's via a switch to dosing every other day.

100 mcg MK-7 is fine. Add at least 2 mcg MK-4 for each 10 IU D3. At such doses, add 400-600 mg magnesium glycinate. Magnesium oil spray may also work. How much calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus are typically present in your diet?

GreekDemiGod

@baccheion Thanks.
I'm getting over 100% of daily requirements probably, as per my Cronometer.
It's hard to keep a good Ca: P ratio though, even though I do believe I follow many RP principles.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals