Cancer Can Change Fuels Depending On Type?

sevenzy

Watching this video. Mentions lactic acidosis as mechanism of disease.

Obi-wan

Jane McLelland has been a pioneer in addressing cancer as a complex metabolic disease. Her book "How to starve cancer" identifies the fuel lines that cancer will use to feed and grow. The Care Oncology Clinic in London is now working with patients using a cocktail of 4 off label drugs to help fight cancer. They also have a virtual USA operation. Understanding the phenotype of cancer is important. I think most will use fatty acids as their fuel.

Oraganic4me

Jane McLelland has been a pioneer in addressing cancer as a complex metabolic disease. Her book "How to starve cancer" identifies the fuel lines that cancer will use to feed and grow. The Care Oncology Clinic in London is now working with patients using a cocktail of 4 off label drugs to help fight cancer. They also have a virtual USA operation. Understanding the phenotype of cancer is important. I think most will use fatty acids as their fuel.
I wanted to say thanks to you. I was diagnosed in 2014 with stage 2-b colon cancer they told me surgery cured me and to go enjoy life. Then in 2016 It spread and I was stage 4 with metastasis to both lobes of my liver and gallbladder. After surgery and chemo, I tried Keto, then Vegan (China Study) but not feeling the euphoria these diets promoted... went to Endocrinologist because GP found nodules on my thyroid. They put me on 50 levothyroxine , That is how I discovered Ray Peat. I am trying to balance my hormones naturally. I am incorporating some of his ideas and feeling great but , when you mentioned Jane Mclelland on another post, I looked her up and I just ordered her book. I am very interested to see what she and Dr Peat agree on ,
Thank you again for mentioning her , I never heard of her.

OP
sevenzy

sevenzy

Its all new info for me. I had always thought cancer runs on sugar but wondered at the success stories coming out of Gerson therapy. Then listened to Dr Boz talk about keto helping her mom beat rare cancer. Then heard from Peat folk that cancer runs on fat. Saw this video and it helped clarify how people can see success on different protocols. Glad to hear there is virtual clinic for people in U.S.

LucyL

I wanted to say thanks to you. I was diagnosed in 2014 with stage 2-b colon cancer they told me surgery cured me and to go enjoy life. Then in 2016 It spread and I was stage 4 with metastasis to both lobes of my liver and gallbladder. After surgery and chemo, I tried Keto, then Vegan (China Study) but not feeling the euphoria these diets promoted... went to Endocrinologist because GP found nodules on my thyroid. They put me on 50 levothyroxine , That is how I discovered Ray Peat. I am trying to balance my hormones naturally. I am incorporating some of his ideas and feeling great but , when you mentioned Jane Mclelland on another post, I looked her up and I just ordered her book. I am very interested to see what she and Dr Peat agree on ,
Thank you again for mentioning her , I never heard of her.

Word of warning, she doesn't like Peat :): On her Facebook page she says she will ban anyone who advocates Peat. I don't do Facebook, so not sure how that works out. There are a lot of great resources about cancer on this forum. I have bc, stage 2. Surgery only at this point, trying to work out the best metabolic approach. It is a puzzle, and Jane McClelland has I believe done amazing work putting a lot of the pieces together.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Word of warning, she doesn't like Peat :): On her Facebook page she says she will ban anyone who advocates Peat

Does she say why she does not like him? Is it a personal thing or due to disagreeing with "his" ideas, which btw are now becoming mainstream and being presented as something incredibly novel and unheard of, when in fact have been concealed by corrupt industries for more than 100 years.
I'd be really curious to hear her opinion on this because frankly the heat that Peat catches from people for "his" ideas turns our to be usually either people who have an axe to grind or who have simply not read/studied enough to understand what "his" ideas are really all about. Banning Peat for "his" ideas would be akin to banning Warburg, Selye, Pauling, etc since those people are all central in Peat's writings.

LucyL

Does she say why she does not like him? Is it a personal thing or due to disagreeing with "his" ideas, which btw are now becoming mainstream and being presented as something incredibly novel and unheard of, when in fact have been concealed by corrupt industries for more than 100 years.
I'd be really curious to hear her opinion on this because frankly the heat that Peat catches from people for "his" ideas turns our to be usually either people who have an axe to grind or who have simply not read/studied enough to understand what "his" ideas are really all about. Banning Peat for "his" ideas would be akin to banning Warburg, Selye, Pauling, etc since those people are all central in Peat's writings.

The Facebook Group 'Jane McClelland Off Label Drugs for Cancer'
Any endorsement of Ray Peat and Robert Morse will be removed and you may be blocked! (I have a personal bete noir about their views on sugar - they actively encourage people to eat it).

It's really a rather gross misunderstanding of Peat, when I asked him about diet for cancer he said <i>"Things to optimize intestinal health, reducing absorption of endotoxin, serotonin, and nitric oxide. Milk, pulp-free orange juice, eggs, raw carrots, cooked bamboo shoots and mushrooms, coffee."</i>

Nothing about eating straight sugar :): My guess is she has never read Peat, certainly not studied his ideas. Most likely third hand knowledge about a "Peaty" diet.

Who is Robert Morse?

Inaut

Doesn’t Jane’s stance seem rather ignorant? Not even open for discussion... As you pointed out @LucyL , his recommendations are not just about eating sugar. That seems to be other people’s interpretation/simplification of Peats research

Something doesn’t sit right with me but if Jane’s program works for people, what can I say.

Amazoniac

Doesn’t Jane’s stance seem rather ignorant? Not even open for discussion... As you pointed out @LucyL , his recommendations are not just about eating sugar. That seems to be other people’s interpretation/simplification of Peats research

Something doesn’t sit right with me but if Jane’s program works for people, what can I say.
She appears to be favorable of supplemental resveratrol, fish oil, metformin, lipophilic statins, melanin, megadose antidote C, chromium, etc, and there's some foundational conflicts involved; so it might be too much to reconcile. But she's alive after being on the edge and has been helping people, therefore something has worked and it must be worth knowing what she has to say.

haidut

Forum Supporter
therefore something has worked and it must be worth knowing what she has to say.

Fully agree. Does she have a writeup of what she did/took when she was sick? Not what she thought helped her but whatever she happened to be taking regularly at the time?
Also, does she write anywhere what cancer she had and what state it was?

OP
sevenzy

sevenzy

Word of warning, she doesn't like Peat :): On her Facebook page she says she will ban anyone who advocates Peat. I don't do Facebook, so not sure how that works out. There are a lot of great resources about cancer on this forum. I have bc, stage 2. Surgery only at this point, trying to work out the best metabolic approach. It is a puzzle, and Jane McClelland has I believe done amazing work putting a lot of the pieces together.

Suprising that she is anti peat. Just watching the video the things she said reminded me of things im learning here on the forum and from Ray Peat interviews.

Amazoniac

Fully agree. Does she have a writeup of what she did/took when she was sick? Not what she thought helped her but whatever she happened to be taking regularly at the time?
Here she talked in brief about her story and how her approach evolved:
- Jane McLelland: How to Starve Cancer with Off-Label Drugs (interview)

Check out the discussion at 40:30 min.

She looks lively, doesn't she?

Last edited:

Obi-wan

She wrote a book "How to starve cancer" see https://www.amazon.com/Starve-Cancer-without-starving-yourself-ebook/dp/B07B2XMLT9/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1HNHXTI52T8HY&keywords=how+to+starve+cancer+by+jane+mclelland&qid=1561462247&s=gateway&sprefix=how+to+starve+,aps,138&sr=8-2.

"A modern-day ‘Cancer Sherlock Holmes’, Jane discovered that a cancer-starving diet, powerful supplements and a handful of old, forgotten, low-toxicity drugs, when taken together, acted synergistically, magnifying each of their anti-cancer effects many times. Like magic, her terminal cancer just melted away.

In this truly ground-breaking book, Jane takes us through her remarkable, heart-breaking journey, and the medical discoveries she made on the way. Using herself as a human guinea pig, she worked out the best drugs and supplements to starve her own cancer in an easy-to-follow ‘Metro Map’. She has expanded this route map to show which fuel pipelines you need to block for every type of cancer, so you too can create your own cancer-starving cocktail. Tragically many simple old drugs have been overlooked in the race for the latest patentable 'game changers’. Is the answer already out there? Jane believes it is. Bit by bit she has pieced the puzzle together, demystified its complexity, and produced a simple protocol."

If you read the book you will find that she is a remarkable women who beat cervical cancer and later stage 4 lung cancer!"

Last edited:

aquaman

Doesn’t Jane’s stance seem rather ignorant? Not even open for discussion...

Yup, ultimately this is her livelihood, selling cancer treatment.

She appears to be favorable of supplemental resveratrol, fish oil, metformin, lipophilic statins, melanin, megadose antidote C, chromium, etc, and there's some foundational conflicts involved; so it might be too much to reconcile. .

Lol

LucyL

She does list in her book, not only all the supplements she took but her diet approach and treatments as well. She did surgery, chemo, and I think radiation also after the first cervical cancer dx, but also high-dose C, dendritic vaccines, dark blood analysis, and others. A lot of the detail is scattered through her book, I hate to say you have to buy it, but you kind of do if you really want to absorb her approach.

The important thing I see with her is not in the following the Jane McClelland step-by-step manual, but appreciating that cancer is not one-dimensional (genetic only, or eating sugar only etc) but multi faceted and susceptible to many relatively safe drugs that already exist, and could be widely applied in cogent therapies with much greater (safer) success than the standard cut/poison/burn.

Her book is pretty believable, I'm a little (suspiciously) in awe that she came up with all this on her own with nothing more than a therapist background, but from her narrative she is a very type-A driven sympathetic dominant person and she has thrown open the floodgate of cancer patients demanding to be treated in a more metabolic manner.

LucyL

Suprising that she is anti peat. Just watching the video the things she said reminded me of things im learning here on the forum and from Ray Peat interviews.

Me too. That's why I bought her book on kindle before I even finished the first interview I ever heard her talk in. Her book is very informative, it helped a lot in knowing what and how to research, and then I try to take all that and run it through the Peat filter for systemic coherence. There is really nobody out there who is pro-Peat. But it is interesting to watch his fundamentals be incorporated into more mainstream rhetoric as people go back to the basics and ask 'what have we missed?'

Mito

She was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 1994 that had spread to lymph nodes (stage 1b) and then became stage 4 metastasizing to her lungs. She did all the standard chemo and radiation. She also developed myelodysplasia in 2003 which became acute myeloid leukemia caused by the chemo and radiation she underwent for the stage 4 cervical cancer.

Her approach seems to be cut off the “fuel” for cancer stem cells coupled with low dose chemo. She says each type of cancer has a different phenotype which tells you which “fuel” source is most important to cut off to starve the cancer stem cells. She targets different pathways shown on her metro map. The metro map below shows which drugs or supplements she likes to cut off a particular “fuel” pathway.

She used many things including green tea, curcumin, IV vitamin C, 6 months of high dose chemo, dipyridamole, metformin, lovastatin, aspirin (then etodolac instead of aspirin).
594DA798-908A-4DB3-BD37-6878920665C7.jpeg

Oraganic4me

Me too. That's why I bought her book on kindle before I even finished the first interview I ever heard her talk in. Her book is very informative, it helped a lot in knowing what and how to research, and then I try to take all that and run it through the Peat filter for systemic coherence. There is really nobody out there who is pro-Peat. But it is interesting to watch his fundamentals be incorporated into more mainstream rhetoric as people go back to the basics and ask 'what have we missed?'
Thanks for sharing , I just learned about her from this site ...
The huge amount of off label drugs some are taking in one day gives me flashbacks of my chemo days.

I wanted to ask ... I saw an interview with her yesterday on YouTube with Chris Wark from Chris beat cancer and he said that he is taking berberine now thanks to Jane but I remember Haidut saying drugs like Metformin cause cancer not cure. I have been debating looking further into berberine because I have colon cancer like Chris and she got him berberine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals