Candidiasis help

Candeias

After months of an aggressive fungal infection in the throat (thrush) it spread to the pericardium however after starting Fluconazole the symptoms went away but apparently there was never enough time to completely eradicate the infection. Now it seems that the fungus has become resistant to Fluconazole, and this makes me worried because most doctors have the prejudice that this only happens to immunosuppressed patients and the few alternatives in my country is the toxic intravenous amphotericin B, known for its high nephrotoxicity.

Does anyone have any advice?

I'm trying higher doses of Fluconazole with synergistic essential oils (eugenol, oregano oil, etc) but still not as effective as before.
Itraconazole is the only other oral medication available in my country but it is mutagenic from what I read, in addition to being lipophilic and can be ineffective due to the already acquired resistance to Flu.

I was thinking of combining red light with Methylene Blue, but from what I've read Ray doesn't recommend it.

If anyone with similar experiences can give some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Peachy

After months of an aggressive fungal infection in the throat (thrush) it spread to the pericardium however after starting Fluconazole the symptoms went away but apparently there was never enough time to completely eradicate the infection. Now it seems that the fungus has become resistant to Fluconazole, and this makes me worried because most doctors have the prejudice that this only happens to immunosuppressed patients and the few alternatives in my country is the toxic intravenous amphotericin B, known for its high nephrotoxicity.

Does anyone have any advice?

I'm trying higher doses of Fluconazole with synergistic essential oils (eugenol, oregano oil, etc) but still not as effective as before.
Itraconazole is the only other oral medication available in my country but it is mutagenic from what I read, in addition to being lipophilic and can be ineffective due to the already acquired resistance to Flu.

I was thinking of combining red light with Methylene Blue, but from what I've read Ray doesn't recommend it.

If anyone with similar experiences can give some advice, I'd appreciate it.
What are you doing diet-wise?

OP
Candeias

Candeias

What are you doing diet-wise?
Not very well at the moment, but it was always a normal diet with lots of goat's milk, soups and sun. I managed to improve my metabolism over the years until I got to the point where I felt a big heating up from any pro-metabolic product, I think it was uncoupling, I even thought that no fungus would ever attack me, I was wrong. There were causes of this starting but that's not important now

Garlic garlic garlic .... kill kill kill.... then the next week lots of probiotics . Rinse repeat.

OP
Candeias

Candeias

Garlic garlic garlic .... kill kill kill.... then the next week lots of probiotics . Rinse repeat.
I've read hundreds of studies and I think terpenes (like eugenol, carvacrol, estragol, etc) are the way to go, in conjunction with the synthetic drug for now, because I can't risk getting worse. I read some good points from Travis on the forum about this too. And unfortunately I don't think Peat can help me in this battle for now.
Drug resistant candida biofilms are a serious issue in the medical community, too bad they don't preach the power of plants.

Last edited:

Ben.

I think this protocol could make sense:

At this point, my GI/anti-fungal protocol includes: (1) Lugol's iodine, (2) borax, (3) turpentine, (4) limonene, (5) oregano oil and (6) red/IR light.

One guy reported immense benefits from ozone insufflation:

OP
Candeias

Candeias

Yes this is definitely effective. But I've always have problemas with any higher dose of boron or iodine, so I don't think it's viable. I don't know if red light penetrates skin tissues though

Last edited:

Peachy

Not very well at the moment, but it was always a normal diet with lots of goat's milk, soups and sun. I managed to improve my metabolism over the years until I got to the point where I felt a big heating up from any pro-metabolic product, I think it was uncoupling, I even thought that no fungus would ever attack me, I was wrong. There were causes of this starting but that's not important now
Ok. My husband is dealing with this right now so I’ve been thinking about it. I’m more in the camp of a gentle approach rather than an eradication mindset. Turn the wheel in the direction the car’s spinning not to make the Candida angry and more invasive.

My husband is doing his own thing with his functional doc but also listening to me not to plunge into a hard core Candida cleanse diet. He did the anti-fungal you mentioned and is still on it. He was also taking Biocidin. He eats starch because he does better with that than sugar. Gluten free. Low dairy (for now). Basically listening to his body. Seems to be improving but I still don’t know how it’ll go longer term.

Last edited:
OP
Candeias

Candeias

I notice an improvement with essential oils but it seems very gradual, even in conjunction with fluconazole and terbinafine, but far from the Flu effects at first. I'm waiting to start also berberine, which has a very synergistic effect on flu-resistant Candida albicans. But I'm walking alone, there are no functional doctors here. The infection itself must be eradicated, otherwise the inflammation will always come back. I think the important thing is to leave the biofilms and ergostrol vulnerable, so that the drug takes effect again.

Last edited:
OP
Candeias

Candeias

Ok. My husband is dealing with this right now so I’ve been thinking about it. I’m more in the camp of a gentle approach rather than an eradication mindset. Turn the wheel in the direction the car’s spinning not to make the Candida angry and more invasive.

My husband is doing his own thing with his functional doc but also listening to me not to plunge into a hard core Candida cleanse diet. He did the anti-fungal you mentioned and is still on it. He was also taking Biocidin. He eats starch because he does better with that than sugar. Gluten free. Low dairy (for now). Basically listening to his body. Seems to be improving but I still don’t know how it’ll go longer term.

And another thing is that drug resistance does not change the effect of plant compounds, which are fungicides and fungistatics, while most drugs are just fungicides (they just kill and do not inhibit growth). In addition to eugenol being a more potent inhibitor of AA metabolism than aspirin, and like carvacrol it probably is too, which must be why studies always point to them as the most effective.

Peachy

And another thing is that drug resistance does not change the effect of plant compounds, which are fungicides and fungistatics, while most drugs are just fungicides (they just kill and do not inhibit growth). In addition to eugenol being a more potent inhibitor of AA metabolism than aspirin, and like carvacrol it probably is too, which must be why studies always point to them as the most effective.
That’s all so interesting!

@pondering, he said the Biocidin did seem to help. He’s dealing with both SIBO and Candida (a common combination I’m sure). But I think it was prescribed for the Candida. He did make the diet changes and added the pharma fungicide at the same time so it’s hard to tell.

One thing I noticed. He’s normally sensitive to various supplements/herbs but he did very well with the Biocidin as far as side effects. He’s also taking a spore-based probiotic which he’s done well with.

Swedish bitters is another to consider since it’s good at stimulating digestive juices and has a variety of antifungals. I think there is a senna-free variety that I’d lean toward. Maria Treben who came up with the formula is also very big into thyme (thymol) for everything.

Berberine is also a favorite at our functional doc but seems they’re using the Biocidin more now.

OP
Candeias

Candeias

That’s all so interesting!

@pondering, he said the Biocidin did seem to help. He’s dealing with both SIBO and Candida (a common combination I’m sure). But I think it was prescribed for the Candida. He did make the diet changes and added the pharma fungicide at the same time so it’s hard to tell.

One thing I noticed. He’s normally sensitive to various supplements/herbs but he did very well with the Biocidin as far as side effects. He’s also taking a spore-based probiotic which he’s done well with.

Swedish bitters is another to consider since it’s good at stimulating digestive juices and has a variety of antifungals. I think there is a senna-free variety that I’d lean toward. Maria Treben who came up with the formula is also very big into thyme (thymol) for everything.

Berberine is also a favorite at our functional doc but seems they’re using the Biocidin more now.
Effects of Magnolol and Honokiol on Adhesion, Yeast-Hyphal Transition, and Formation of Biofilm by Candida albicans

Was reading this just now and it seems to inhibit at lower doses (honokiol and magnolol) which are compounds from Magnolia bark

L_C

My sister had an issue with candida once and had good results with candida cleanse by Kyolic (aged garlic). Also, I read turpentine is very good to kill candida.

Ben.

Maybe this is interesting aswell if you haven't seen it:

I posted some studies some time ago showing that aspirin and methylene blue are able to eradicate Candida infections. This study adds niacinamide to the tools we have against pathogenic fungi, and it seems niacinamide is especially effective against Candida. The human equivalent dose was 35mg/kg and it was administered only once. A second dose (same) of niacinamide 8h after infection with Candida was done in some animals to potentiate the effects. However, even a single dose was effective. While this dose is on the high end for niacinamide, for most people it would still fall under 3g, which is what mainstream medicine officially considers the upper safety limit for niacinamide. So there you have - niacinamide can cure Candida infection with a single dose. Adding 3g of aspirin and 20mg methylene blue will probably make the fungus file a lawsuit for genocide

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v16/n7 ... .2175.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 141617.htm

"...The current study shows that a C. albicans enzyme, known as Hst3, is essential to the growth and survival of the yeast. Researchers found that genetic or pharmacological inhibition of Hst3 with nicotinamide, a form of vitamin B3, strongly reduced C. albicans virulence in a mouse model. Both normal and drug-resistant strains of C. albicans were susceptible to nicotinamide. In addition, nicotinamide prevented the growth of other pathogenic Candida species and Aspergillus fumigatus (another human pathogen), thus demonstrating the broad antifungal properties of nicotinamide."

OP
Candeias

Candeias

Maybe this is interesting aswell if you haven't seen it:
Yes, I had seen it, since I started doing the MB/Lapodin combination I think the inflammation/infection in the pericardium is decreasing, fingers crossed. Just waiting on the niacinamide, to see if I can get pain free quickly as possible.

Effect of emodin on Candida albicans growth investigated by microcalorimetry combined with chemometric analysis

β-lapachone and α-nor-lapachone modulate Candida albicans viability and virulence factors

dogtrainer

I don’t know if what I had was candida..but I had massive bloating, brain fog, coated tongue for four years.

High dose MSM in a slippery elm gel
Undecylenic Acid
Probiotic yogurt
Glutamine

....cured me of my gut issues.

However, the mouth wash ioRinse cured me of my oral thrush, even while I was still treating my deeper seated gut issues. Literally I had a white fuzzy coated tongue before gargling, and a clear tongue afterwards. The coating sloughed away like magic and I spit it into the sink. Any time I’d wake up with fuzzy tongue, I’d use the mouth wash and get rid of it instantly.

If what I had costing my mouth was indeed Candida, the ioRinse worked a piece.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom