Carb Problems

berk

Since slowly adding carbs back into my diet over the past several weeks I am experiencing:

Anxiety
Weight gain
ZERO libido
Penis feels deflated/numb
Lack of motivation
Cognitive issues
Irritability
Legs/feet feel cold

Most of my carbs have been OJ, Maple Syrup, Cane sugar, and what I get from milk.

I’m not sure what to do from here...maybe back to keto???
let me guess, you have also a lot of hunger now?

tara

Hey Tara. It looks like the majority of your carbs are starches.
I listed the mainly starchy foods, but I also eat fruit (fresh/dried/blended/cooked), drink a little juice, and sometimes a little of other sweet foods ( confectionery, honey, golden syrup, molasses, etc as sweeteners), and I eat a variety of veges, with a mix of starch, sugars, fibre.
What does your macro percentages roughly break down to?
I don't measure often, and it can vary a fair bit from day to day. I just scanned back to the last few times I totted up. Maybe roughly something in these ranges most days, though if I'm particularly sick it can go down lower:
carbs: 300-400g, usually more starch than sugars
fat: 50 - 100g
protein: usu 50 - 100g
Can you share what some of the undesirable symptoms of endotoxins in your system are and the tactics you use to correct them?
I'm guessing, but I think some days feeling a bit slow and dozy may be related to this.
Current tactics: Carrot salad, if necessary a little cascara sagrada tea, but that's seldom necessary. Eat veges. I'm currently supplementing vit-C and Mg, so that's probably having and effect on keeping things moving too. Not necessarily recommending these all for everyone, but as far as I know they are OK for me and that's what I'm currently doing.

OP
M

MSH

let me guess, you have also a lot of hunger now?

Hey berk. I think at first my appetite increased but was replaced by a constant mild to moderate nausea. I thinking this may be to a possible increase of adrenaline.

I just noticed I forgot to mention the nausea and blurred vision in my opening post, maybe due to the cognitive issues I did mention. LoL

Thanks

OP
M

MSH

I listed the mainly starchy foods, but I also eat fruit (fresh/dried/blended/cooked), drink a little juice, and sometimes a little of other sweet foods ( confectionery, honey, golden syrup, molasses, etc as sweeteners), and I eat a variety of veges, with a mix of starch, sugars, fibre.

I don't measure often, and it can vary a fair bit from day to day. I just scanned back to the last few times I totted up. Maybe roughly something in these ranges most days, though if I'm particularly sick it can go down lower:
carbs: 300-400g, usually more starch than sugars
fat: 50 - 100g
protein: usu 50 - 100g

I'm guessing, but I think some days feeling a bit slow and dozy may be related to this.
Current tactics: Carrot salad, if necessary a little cascara sagrada tea, but that's seldom necessary. Eat veges. I'm currently supplementing vit-C and Mg, so that's probably having and effect on keeping things moving too. Not necessarily recommending these all for everyone, but as far as I know they are OK for me and that's what I'm currently doing.

Thanks again Tara for taking the time to post. I appreciate your feedback as it has been most informative.

somuch4food

Hey berk. I think at first my appetite increased but was replaced by a constant mild to moderate nausea. I thinking this may be to a possible increase of adrenaline

I get nauseous like that too. That's my cue to back off sugar and go for salty meals with more proteins. It's all about finding a balance.

OP
M

MSH

I get nauseous like that too. That's my cue to back off sugar and go for salty meals with more proteins. It's all about finding a balance.

You are right about finding balance. It can be elusive and a difficult dance partner to keep up with.

Thanks

OP
M

MSH

Update:

Since returning to making about 50-60% of my calories to fat, and the rest about evenly divided between protein and starchy carbs most all of my previous problems have abated completely. The issues that remain are about 80% better.

I do believe in much of the science that Peat teaches and I’m perplexed as to why I have always done so poorly implementing his ideas. I have always felt better on higher fat with moderate protein and carbs ( starch). Is this setting me up for future issues or are some people just different in what they need? So confused when it comes to the science of diet and nutrition. I guess I just keep on rocking on with more of a PHD approach implementing certain Peaty ideas here and there ???

Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals