Catching Ray Peat!

sm1693

Get his interest by offering access to the necessary chemicals to complete his tests for ketoacid content.

Peat: "Yes, but since there isn't much known about their ketoacid content, it would be best to have a wide variety of fruits. A couple of times in the last ten years I've started a project to test some fruits, but because of the new laws since 2001, I haven't able to buy the necessary reagents. It would have to be done in some government approved institution."

OP
E

Emstar1892

View attachment 3371
"David 'Avocado' Wolfe is the rock star and Indiana Jones of the superfoods and longevity universe. The world’s top CEOs, ambassadors, celebrities, athletes, artists, and the real superheroes of this planet—Moms—all look to David for expert advice in health, beauty, herbalism, nutrition, and chocolate!"

Wow, completely forgot about David Wolfe. Such hair, much feet...

Simonsays

There is a British-based website with drs and others who have tried to challenge the predominant handling of thyroid medication in the UK (ie systematic under-treatment). If I remember how to find it again, I'll post here so you can take a look.

If youre talking about Thyroid Patient Advocacy UK, it was recommended by Ray on some old interview i read somewhere and i joined it.
They do some sterling work battling the NHS and the UK medical establishment and its T4 monoculture and advising hypothyroid people. They follow the protocols of Dr Barry Durrant-Peatfield who is also an adviser. (I think he has treated the majority of the mods on the site) Unfortunately, Sheila who runs the site has recently had a stroke.

The diet advice given is along Paleo lines (as per Dr Peatfields book on treating hypothyroidism).

I tried challenging this on their forum, quoting various studies but it did not go down well and dont really bother anymore. (i did get some of Ray Peats stuff on thyroid put in their resources section though)

This is typical of the advice on diet new members receive.

Whichever option you choose, make sure that you have a good amount of protein, low carbs, and very importantly, good fats. Make sure to eat fat with every single meal, however small or large. Good fats are all unheated veggie oils, coconut oil, hempseed oil, walnut oil, ghee, butter, lard, dripping, and the fats and oils contained in nuts and seeds. Vary your diet if you can, so don't stick to just one type of seed, fat, or nuts.

What is crucial is that you stop eating sugar. Just stop all sugar, and no more cookies, crisps, cakes etc. Those raise your blood sugar too rapidly! Not really a help when you have adrenal issues. It's because of your adrenal issues, that you ended up with the hypoglycaemia. It's very common when people have adrenal problems. It is imperative that you stop all sugar, high carbs, junk foods basically. You need to eat whole foods, meats, cooked veggies, a tiny bit of fruit....fruit is high in sugar which we want to avoid, nuts, seeds, good fats. Eat buckwheat, teff, amaranth, and gluten free oats, turnips, sweet potatoes, pumpkin etc. But not too much! We don't want to have a high carb, high sugar diet. Your blood sugar needs to be balanced, so that's why we avoid all foods that raise blood sugar rapidly.

tara

If youre talking about Thyroid Patient Advocacy UK, it was recommended by Ray on some old interview i read somewhere and i joined it.
Yes, I think that's the one I was thinking of. I read some material there about T4 and T3, but hadn't read or didn't remember the dietary advice. Shame.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals