Cause of death of Dr Ellsworth Wareham ?

Apple

What was cause of death of Dr Ellsworth Wareham (104 yo) ?
He was vegan and cardiac surgeon, He stated that vegans' arteries were always cleaner and smoother. He retired at the age of 95.
"If your cholesterol is under 150, your chances of getting a heart attack are very low", he said his own cholesterol was 117.
He didn't consume salt.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGQTpxjbwaM

There was a guy like him in Russia , cardiac surgeon Fyodor Uglov, He made it to almost 104 yo, performed his last surgery at 100yo. Died from a heart attack , but it was probably a complication from kidney stone removing at the age of 100 and the following stroke. He ate meat/eggs, a bit fruit and cottage cheese and moderate vegetables, recommended low carb. Preferred meat over vegetables.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S42O78dSOLs

Last edited:

Clyde

I couldn't find anything on his cause of death. It's usually hard to find info about this beyond a certain age. As a culture we have decided that we don't want to know cause beyond a certain age.

I watched a lot of his interviews and I thought he probably had the highest level of cognitive functioning that I've seen at a similar age. And that based on how long he was able to work but also just how fluidly he was still speaking and how dignified he remained even past 100. I've never seen a 100 year old with really good posture. They're always badly hunched like him.

I really hate to say this because I always ate a higher fat diet but low fat vegans seem to show the healthiest cognitive aging while sometimes not appearing to age well physically. Maybe it's possible to eat in a way that protects your brain but makes your skin etc. look like crap.

Last edited:

Ginali

Forum Supporter
This is so interesting! I recently began consuming high-quality salt (about 2 tbsp per day), and it seems my palpitations have ceased. How could he possibly avoid salt? I'm genuinely perplexed. However, this forum is wonderful, welcoming all possibilities and opinions. Thank you everyone!

OP
Apple

Apple

This is so interesting! I recently began consuming high-quality salt (about 2 tbsp per day), and it seems my palpitations have ceased. How could he possibly avoid salt? I'm genuinely perplexed. However, this forum is wonderful, welcoming all possibilities and opinions. Thank you everyone!
Salt is absent in Yanomami's diet.
In yanomami tribe (even in old people) blood hypertension is absent, zero . That makes them super resilient to kidney or heart deseases ... period. Cancer is very very rare and hairloss is not known to them.

Last edited:
OP
Apple

Apple

I couldn't find anything on his cause of death. It's usually hard to find info about this beyond a certain age. As a culture we have decided that we don't want to know cause beyond a certain age.

I watched a lot of his interviews and I thought he probably had the highest level of cognitive functioning that I've seen at a similar age. And that based on how long he was able to work but also just how fluidly he was still speaking and how dignified he remained even past 100. I've never seen a 100 year old with really good posture. They're always badly hunched like him.

I really hate to say this because I always ate a higher fat diet but low fat vegans seem to show the healthiest cognitive aging while sometimes not appearing to age well physically. Maybe it's possible to eat in a way that protects your brain but makes your skin etc. look like crap.
Below is a video, he is 97 on the EG show. He is a legend.
If veganism makes you live that long , without degenerative deseases, do we really need anything else ?
His bad posture could be related to his job, being a surgeon probably requires standing lots of time in a hunched position. And he looked like a tall guy.

sunny

Just going off memory of what I've read about centanarians, I don't ever recall them being vegan. He may be an anomaly of Longevity genes.

Clyde

Below is a video, he is 97 on the EG show. He is a legend.
If veganism makes you live that long , without degenerative deseases, do we really need anything else ?
His bad posture could be related to his job, being a surgeon probably requires standing lots of time in a hunched position. And he looked like a tall guy.
I never see details on what they eat over the long term, just a little info on their recent diet. Is it a high fat vegan diet with lots of coconut or low fat with fruit and grains?

It was the video of him mowing that made me comment on his posture but from some other videos it doesn't look bad at all. Maybe he was just hunched so he could mow the lawn.

Oh right, that he's tall and a male makes him more exceptional.

He emphasized that he is able to avoid emotional stress in the first video. I've heard this is common among supercentenarians.

Last edited:
OP
Apple

Apple

Just going off memory of what I've read about centanarians, I don't ever recall them being vegan. He may be an anomaly of Longevity genes.
Clearly that veganism made him an anomaly.
As a surgeon he observed that meat-eater had crunchy , plaque-filled arteries and plant-eater’s arteries were supple. So he adopted a vegan style diet. He imposed a certain dietary pattern on himself and had a success with it. That makes his case unique.
Well, a 12-year study, which followed a community of 96,000 Americans in Loma Linda determined that people who lived the longest were vegans or pesco-vegetarians. Ellsworth ate fish occasionally.
He emphasized that he is able to avoid emotional stress in the first video. I've heard this is common among supercentenarians.
I bet he had enough time to learn how to handle stress. What I heard is that surgeons usually work under lots of stress and often they don't live long. This type of job requires what they call high IQ because someone's life is at stake. Hence... no, I wouldn't call his life stress-free. Patients sometimes die after or during operation , it must be very disturbing for any surgeon.

Last edited:

TheSir

meat-eater had crunchy , plaque-filled arteries and plant-eater’s arteries were supple

people who lived the longest were vegans or pesco-vegetarians
I wish someone was able to figure out whether this difference comes mostly from a) reduced meat intake b) reduced protein intake c) increased plant matter intake d) increased nutrient intake, or e) superior overall health-consciousness of vegans. Each explanation has a bit different implications.

Clyde

Hence... no, I wouldn't call his life stress-free. Patients sometimes die after or during operation , it must be very disturbing for any surgeon.
Narrator: Perhaps another key to Wareham's longevity, not letting problems weigh him down.
Gupta: How big a role does stress play in your life?
Wareham: "You asked the wrong person."

He may have been a rare exception that doesn't find these things stressful at all.

OP
Apple

Apple

Narrator: Perhaps another key to Wareham's longevity, not letting problems weigh him down.
Gupta: How big a role does stress play in your life?
Wareham: "You asked the wrong person."

He may have been a rare exception that doesn't find these things stressful at all.
I guess the ability to handle stress correlates with IQ, especially in old age.
Well, there is another guy like him... Dr Esselstyn , 89 yo, vegan . He looks not bad, no aging spots, sharp mind, active.

Clyde

I guess the ability to handle stress correlates with IQ, especially in old age.
Well, there is another guy like him... Dr Esselstyn , 89 yo, vegan . He looks not bad, no aging spots, sharp mind, active.
Very interesting, I didn't know about IQ and stress tolerance.

I wanted to mention that Ellsworth had said he still ate some fish so he was mostly vegan for 50 years but not completely and I think he was vegetarian for the first 50.

When I read that there are 90,000 centenarians in the USA, it became obvious that centenarians are being chosen promote this or that cause. Ellsworth was remarking but we probably know his name because the vegans claimed him.

Esselstyn has aged very well but he's only 89. I don't how long he's been living on a low fat, starch based diet (late 80s?). He's a former Olympic athlete so he's physically an outlier. Hopefully we're alive to see if he makes it to 100.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom