Cells are not "told" how to assemble in the body

I think your intuition about feeling watery or not may be related to the way people need to be fed intravenously. There is a kind of necessary balance in intravenous nutrition of water to protein to sugar, and highly stressed people need almost double the sugar in that balance. Without this balance, people fed intravenously cannot survive even for more than a few hours.

Ray Peat's ideas about sodium and magnesium are meant for those who are hypothyroid, because their cells tend to leak water, sodium and magnesium (and other minerals). This leads to the excess excretion of water, which takes an excess of sodium and magnesium with it -- and thus, the need to replenish sodium and magnesium.

pboy, it's interesting to me that you've somehow been able to feel all this by intuition. I'm sorry if this seems a threadjack, but without prying, I'd like to know more about how you came to this intuition? PM me if you prefer?

pboy

sure, its all good ill put it here in case anyone wants to see. I don't honestly know, ive always been an independent thinker and intuitive...I think the fact I was into programming from a young age, video games, self taught...lots of immersion with asian culture, I travelled a lot, have a divers multi ethnic family and multiple siblings, had an extremely difficult at times upbringing due to family drama, ill spare the details. Ive had a lot of good friends, supportive, and have done a lot of crazy things. Ive partied hard, been a vegan, smoke a lot of cannabis, have ingested mushrooms. I don't know man, at one point...probably about age 22-23, was when I was first given the freedom to start buying my own food, and living on my own. Within a year I was almost a different person...its like who I wanted to be all along was allowed to shine without family and other pressures. I also had an experience where I wasn't sure if I was going to die, or ever be the same again...and at that point the only thing that mattered to me was how I felt in my conscience. From that day on, that has been the primary and only thing that matters to me...in fact life itself to me seems a beautiful orchestration of cause and effect and us trying to maintain the purity and happiness of our inner conscienceness, the child purity, within...no guilt, throughout the whole thing. I started connecting all the dots between everything id read spiritual and otherwise, math, the entire chakra and energy systems, metaphysics, programming, video games, the things id created and how I thought during the process...subtle hints and cues, coincidences, amazing line ups and subtle things directed towards my unique consciousness from the environment of otherwise that left me with a certainty that life was a living creation with ubeleivably perfect orchestration capability, to the n'th degree. For the past 4 years, ive cooked everything nearly that ive eaten, and know everything I put on or in my body. Ive researched everything you can image. I live a simple clean, near animal like life, yet no one would know. Theyd think I just appear as a pretty healthy cheery person. I think eating light food, organic, pure, no meat or death or chemicals, has left this huge space for how good I feel about myself...like the fact that I am right by feeling, my intuition was right, I am a worthy good soul. Ive watched and recorded and done calculations and record observations, even jotting notes as I drive, that could probably fill up multiple volumes by now, though ive since discarded most...its just something for me. I watch and observe in detail, and have the past 3-4 years, every time I go to the bathroom, every subtle cue that matters such as how the environment, my mood, the surroundings effect everything. How if I felt Ive said something rude earlier in the day, even that was still lingering on my mind and made going to the bathroom more difficult. Ive basically studied in the bathroom as much as the kitchen or library, in a different way obviously, but its been just as important a tool for knowledge...huge. And im still doing this all today. I realized how much people talk but don't know, and how at the end of the day, your naked physical body, the vibe you embody, and whether or not you have a smile is the real proof of anything, not any accolade, money, recognition, or supposed anything. Everyone is in the same boat of life, and everyone is scared and has no clue whats going on, and is full of the same scared fear ***t as everyone else. So you have to actually judge people by the peace in their soul, only that, no matter what. And this is correlated to how vibrant, happy, and positive vibe you have...how attractive to be around. Ive watched animals and grown plants, and observe nature, and still do. Im very keen on the weather, I see how all phrases and sayings are often equally physical as metaphysical, and literal as they are meant a play on words. Everything spiritual/metaphysical and physical are one in the same, and one manifests the other...once I realized this, things took off

I didn't mean to make this long, theres a lot more...but to simplify, extreme dedication and trust in myself, and a certain loosness and flexibility that comes from a deeper knowing and faith. I have a totally different perspective than most. I look at this life as an epic creation that im enjoying, supposed to be fun, and that at the end of the day its gonna be all good for everyone

Whenever something is in any way not harmonious to a sense or seems a bit...eh, to my conscience, its in question and I identify why asap

and to answer the question, or comment on the intravaneous feedings...yea, its kind of a cosmic giggle. Anything that is hypertonic or diuretic is a medicine, and near equally effective if it isn't toxic. Because the only problem is actually, mostly, dillutuon and lack of energy. So a hypertonic glucose solution is like the perfect thing. Any pill, powder, or thing like that...supplement, are all dried...so automatically they help relieve water and are a diuretic, no matter what it is

All medicine is is either nourishment, diuretic, or relieving someones discomfort through talking, listening, understanding, and enjoyable positive experiences in life

Do you mind moving this to its own thread? I would hope more people could see it there. And maybe expand on it as the cosmic giggle strikes? It's very inspiring to me.

On the other hand, S_S's original post in this thread and the subsequent posts are all valuable and inspiring, too. Maybe we just keep it here?

OP
S
I think peristalsis is indeed one of the best ways to feel your way to health. Another one that pboy mentioned is how much you are always thinking about other's judgement. Oh and I think the thread has a nice flow personally :mrgreen:

Such_Saturation said:
I think peristalsis is indeed one of the best ways to feel your way to health. Another one that pboy mentioned is how much you are always thinking about other's judgement. Oh and I think the thread has a nice flow personally :mrgreen:
Hi, Such_Saturation. I enjoy your posts immensely. Can you please give a little background on you? I've seen you say in the Getting Ripped thread, I think, that you had IBS and other issues when you started? How did you come to peating? Do you feel that we can pursue purposeful action together, even when we are separated by space or time?

OP
S
visionofstrength said:
Such_Saturation said:
Hi, Such_Saturation. I enjoy your posts immensely. Can you please give a little background on you? I've seen you say in the Getting Ripped thread, I think, that you had IBS and other issues when you started? How did you come to peating? Do you feel that we can pursue purposeful action together, even when we are separated by space or time?

I am SO glad that you do! I remember when I was a kid I'd always skip a couple days of school a month because breakfast would make my intestine start cramping like a dying snake. Then they told me "You have something called I B S" and I was like "Oh ok". I also had GERD apparently, that's the first thing they found. Then gastritis from love of the bottle which became duodenitis. Last summer I finished INSANITY program and when I started eating normally again I cramped in every muscle in my body for a week, so exploring electrolyte research and insulin I think I found the name Ray Peat. Two weeks of sweaty hands and warmth, the smile of a Buddha from then onwards.

I figure what they call irritable bowel syndrome is just a serotonin "singularity" arising from slow peristalsis, gluten sensitivity and unexpressed lactose enzymes. It's gone now. The crease in my earlobes is also gone. [ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15539887 ]

Ray Peat's articles immediately fascinated me because of that intangible vagueness where he does not immediately propose alternatives for what he is criticizing. After a while you see the whole thing and you understand that most things he criticizes are not needed at all, not even in a substituted form. They are plain twentieth century bull****.

Purposeful action can happen everywhere there is chance of communication, and it's what we shall partake in from now on. We are knowing what each other is made of, and all our actions on the forum from that point will be like a two person job, then a three, four, thousand person job. I see a marked sense of utility from most content that is posted here both in bettering the writers and the casual or regular readers. And I think the diet as well as lifestyle has a natural way of promoting this.

superhuman

pboy said:
skim milk is watery yes, even 2%...even cows milk, whole, is a hint watery compared to human

salt isn't the answer man, and protein is important but not that big a deal unless you go under like 50 - 60 grams

I can tell you this, im 5 11, 130, fit, I never excersize, im on the computer most of the day, yet at any given time I can spring to my feet and start sprinting. I never fear gaining weight. I take a s*** upon wake like clockwork. So its kind of like...I don't trust the science, its up to the science at this point to figure me out, if they want. Im good

Im sure theres a lot more to it, no dobut there is, everything is involved from my perspective on life, and how I feel in my conscience. But even getting too watery for me, low energy, is a huge annoyance. A huge part of what makes me happy to live through the whole day is maintaining this balance in a good way. I don't like talking about myself, but sometimes people I feel would benefit from walking breathing truth, rather than science...which is only trying to figure out what is already true, what is already happening. The best science could ever hope for would be to understand the depth of what your intuition and feeling, nature, is already doing

it took me years and going through near hell many times, experimenting and staying with courage and composure...through many many assaults. In the end, I just honed what I already felt inside...science helped me sometimes, sometimes it just added more layers of s*** I had to eventually throw out

Cool man. But what about problems like have with water retention esp in lower body and some in my face. When more protein and sodium helps with that. Say salting to taste and use some sodium and say 100g protein a day and rest from carbs i got bloated esp if i skimped on the salt/sodium. I use mostly baking soda for my sodium.

And in regards to fat loss as well, im 5 11 myself and im lean but i have to pase myself to stay lean and esp now when i want to drop some more fat and get really lean its a struggle for sure. If i let my appetite do the job i get fat in a hurry and that is esp easy if i eat high energy dense foods.

But yeah i would love to be able to only eat around 100-120g protein since its so much cheaper to live and also the food taste way better with alot more carbs in it.

So how would you approach issues like hypothyroid or low body temp and pulse, loosing weight(fat), keeping muscle or even building, water retention in lower body and some puffy face. Im a male btw :)

Milklove

visionofstrength said:
Ok now we have a thread for the ages. Milklove, narouz how about you?

What a wonderful thread!

First of all, I would like to share my story with you all. I believe I am the youngest active Peater on this forum. I started to read Peat's articles at the age of 17 and was instantly fascinated by them. They seemed to make sense and gave me hope.
Since I was a little child I was hypothyroid and had a lot of health problems including a speech impediment, low energy, very bad muscle regeneration and severely low blood pressure. But the worst thing was that no doctor would believe me that there was actually something wrong with me since I had straight As in school and looked healthy ( I used to work as a model).
At the age of 17 my energy levels were so low, that I immediately went to bed after school and I started to loose hair like crazy. The frustrating thing was that my dad and my granddad still have a full head of hair.
Now I am 19 and can happily report that I have resolved all of my health problems. I attribute my quick recovery to my young age; someone older who was as messed up as I was would probably have needed a lot longer to recover.

Becoming healthy completely changed my personality. Before I was an egocentric and vain person. I cared a lot about looks, partying, sex and being the most intelligent person in the room. Now I couldn't care less about these things. There is so much joy in sharing ideas with other people!
I have come to the conclusion that there a no bad people, just people with a bad metabolism. It is only natural that you only care about yourself when you are sick; it is probably some kind of survival instinct.

Another aspect of my life that changed is my intuition. I was always afraid to rely on it, but now it is such a big part of my life. We are meant to rely on it, but culture and society program us to be analytical and as a result we lose touch with our inner selves/ our animal self.

Learning about all the manipulation and scare tactics made me quite angry at first, but I have developed a new way of looking at it. To explain my world view I am going to share some quotes with you. They are from Neal Stephenson.

“Nell," the Constable continued, indicating through his tone of voice that the lesson was concluding, "the difference between ignorant and educated people is that the latter know more facts. But that has nothing to do with whether they are stupid or intelligent. The difference between stupid and intelligent people—and this is true whether or not they are well-educated—is that intelligent people can handle subtlety. They are not baffled by ambiguous or even contradictory situations—in fact, they expect them and are apt to become suspicious when things seem overly straightforward.”

“Nell did not imagine that Constable Moore wanted to get into a detailed discussion of recent events, so she changed the subject. "I think I have finally worked out what you were trying to tell me, years ago, about being intelligent," she said.

The Constable brightened all at once. "Pleased to hear it."

The Vickys have an elaborate code of morals and conduct. It grew out of the moral squalor of an earlier generation, just as the original Victorians were preceded by the Georgians and the Regency. The old guard believe in that code because they came to it the hard way. They raise their children to believe in that code– but their children believe it for entirely different reasons."

They believe it," the Constable said, "because they have been indoctrinated to believe it."

Yes. Some of them never challenge it– they grow up to be smallminded people, who can tell you what they believe but not why they believe it. Others become disillusioned by the hypocrisy of the society and rebel– as did Elizabeth Finkle-McGraw."

Which path do you intend to take, Nell?" said the Constable, sounding very interested. "Conformity or rebellion?"

Neither one. Both ways are simple-minded– they are only for people who cannot cope with contradiction and ambiguity.”

Neither rebellion nor conformity are the way to go. Instead we have to create. We have to create a better world. We have to lead by example, we have to inspire people. I seriously believe that a world where intuition and technology exist in balance can exist.

Suikerbuik

Wow, that's a lot of text for just a few hours! :D

Anyway hats off guys :hattip. Awesome thinking that I can really find myself in - recognize most.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals