CFS/ME/Fibro/Lyme

Help with severe cfs/me

• x

• x

Results are only viewable after voting.

davidgraham

After trekking in the jungle Asia 2004 I was struck down with CFS - weight loss, fatigue etc. I recovered after a year but was never 100% but still well enough to work full time and exercise well.

After campylobacter and coli then 10 mercury fillings removed my body was struggling. I then got tick bite Lyme disease with em rash. That was it for me severe cfs/me sofabound. Lost job health wife etc. I took azithromycin and minocyline plus some herbs and supplements. In between here reactions I was starting to feel amazing best id felt in years. When I stopped antibiotics after 5 months I was getting symptoms again so I went part time at work and focused on "health". I started dr morse fruitarian which was hell on earth (stupid I know especially living in cold climate). 3 months fruit I was now the worst I had ever been in my life down to 55kg. Ever since then I have tried multiple diets supplements and herbs not having much luck. Started ray peat 6 months ago and although getting more energy warmer body I am still suffering with symptoms. Every single comprehensive blood test I have done has been normal - thyroid, plasma mineral profile (shows slightly low zinc), b12, fit d fairy high without supplementing and minimal sun.

Low body temp
Chronic fatigue
Bradycardia
Constant infections
Low neutrophils
chronic neck pain
Low spine burning
Severe wrinkles (due to lyme feeding on collagen I believe)
Weight losss / malnourished

I did 4 weeks Cypro which helped a lot but kept giving my chest palms. Im on magnesium, fit c, lysine and niacin at the moment. Any idea what to do? Ive tried Gupta, diners and reverse therapy so mind based stuff not working. If I can get my immune system stronger then I feel I could recover as each virus sends me crashing

Last edited:

lampofred

Would you be able to get a CO2 tank? A few CO2 baths might help, since CO2 is so broadly protective and regenerative. It's anti-glutamate, and a very common finding in these diseases (CFS/fibro/etc.) is excess glutamate.

OP
D

davidgraham

If antibiotics worked so well, why not go back on them?
As I see many lyme patients take antibiotics for years and every time they come off they relapse hard. Once you are on them for lyme its difficult to get off them it scares me

OP
D

davidgraham

Would you be able to get a CO2 tank? A few CO2 baths might help, since CO2 is so broadly protective and regenerative. It's anti-glutamate, and a very common finding in these diseases (CFS/fibro/etc.) is excess glutamate.
Just found one in my area! Will post an update on this when I have a session :)

Tarmander

As I see many lyme patients take antibiotics for years and every time they come off they relapse hard. Once you are on them for lyme its difficult to get off them it scares me
Well yeah antibiotics have draw backs, and it would suck to be stuck on them...but what are your alternatives? the shape your in, you aren’t living life. If you have something that works I would use it imo. You get one life

OP
D

davidgraham

Well yeah antibiotics have draw backs, and it would suck to be stuck on them...but what are your alternatives? the shape your in, you aren’t living life. If you have something that works I would use it imo. You get one life
I hear you but each time I stop antibiotics I'm actually worse than before them. So with every single I feel better and with every stop I feel worse and worse. It tough knowing what to do

Tarmander

I hear you but each time I stop antibiotics I'm actually worse than before them. So with every single I feel better and with every stop I feel worse and worse. It tough knowing what to do
It sounds like you started fruitarianism last time after antibiotics. Have you for sure isolated this reaction to antibiotics (worse after), or could it be some of these other tactics you have tried?

Chronic neck pain -- read mechanicalbasis.org

I have craniocervical instability. Me/cfs patients often have cervical spine and brainstem issues

I also think biotoxins and environmental inhaled toxins are totally underrated as causes or contributing factors in me/cfs. I honestly think that even though ray peat talks about pollution some he is missing the level of importance it has. You can't cure an intense toxicity problem just by eating well and revving up your metabolism. At least, i don't believe you can. Nevertheless avoiding the worst offenders in foods that peat talks about, like pufas and beans and wheat, is probably worth doing even if it's not as important as good air. Being in good air and eating pufas Is better than being in bad air and eating a perfect peatarian diet

Good luck. Severe me/cfs absolutely sucks and is worse than most people can imagine.

Constatine

I've been through something very similar. One thing that helped me was eating a lot of protein. 300 grams a day actually (through mostly chicken as meats too high in iron were hard on me). It pretty much revived me from the dead. Its the only thing that actually bettered my immunity.

Hey my man I can relate with the CFS issues and also have brain fog. I dont know if you have seen Klinghardt's work but he has some really great info on lyme. Another thing to look at is LDN which is low dose naltrexone, people wiht lyme can experience issues from my understanding so just a ehads up if you decide to try it. But it seems to work wonders for this camp of people and is next on my list to try. Klinghardt emphsasises binding and i think thats where the ticket is , to get rid of parasites and get the detox pathways firing at high cylinders. Also if you have the resources getting into a real commercial hyperbaric oxygen chamber can have tons of benefits for lyme.

berk

@debored13
Do you feel a difference between a forrest and a empty nature area?

quality air must be at best between lot of tree's

berk

Last edited:
@debored13
Do you feel a difference between a forrest and a empty nature area?

quality air must be at best between lot of tree's
There are good areas in various biomes. Trees can act as natural filters, it's true , but I've felt as good in death valley as in dense pine forests. I think the key thing is to experiment with intuition as a guide

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals