Cheap EMF Reducing Trick

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
The real problem with EMF is not the basic AC current in the wiring of the house its by whats called dirty electricity or dirty power, it has to do with the transient frequencies, harmonics, and other noise on electrical wiring. It is generated inside buildings by DC electronic equipment and it can enter the home through wiring from nearby sources including wireless telecommunication antennas connected to the power grid. When the capacity of the primary neutral on distribution lines is exceeded, current runs along the ground and enters homes via grounded water and gas pipes.

“An estimate of the prevalence of self-reported hypersensitivity to electric or magnetic fields is between 1 and 2 percent in the general Swedish population (Hillert et al. 2002). Symptoms include headaches, flu-like symptoms, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, poor quality sleep, tightness in the chest, eye discomfort, skin disorders, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty concentrating (Levallois, 2002).”

http://docs.stetzerelectric.com/Havas-Stetzer-London-2004.pdf

Here is a page with several more excellent research studies.

http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/

Stetzerizer Filters are the only product i know that really works to mitigate these EMF problems in the home, i noticed a big difference after installing them.

“The Stetzerizer Filter is designed to filter harmonics and other high frequency current (trash) from the electrical environment, thereby reducing the potential for leakage into the human environment and creating additional trash in non-liner loads (televisions, computers, variable frequency drives, energy-efficient lighting, etc.).”

These are the Harmonic Filters:

https://www.stetzerelectric.com/store/stetzerizer-filter/

This is the microsurge meter:

https://www.stetzerelectric.com/store/stetzerizer-microsurge-meter/

Mauritio

What do you guys think of clothes that contain silver and polyamide to shield EMF ?

Mauritio

The real problem with EMF is not the basic AC current in the wiring of the house its by whats called dirty electricity or dirty power, it has to do with the transient frequencies, harmonics, and other noise on electrical wiring. It is generated inside buildings by DC electronic equipment and it can enter the home through wiring from nearby sources including wireless telecommunication antennas connected to the power grid. When the capacity of the primary neutral on distribution lines is exceeded, current runs along the ground and enters homes via grounded water and gas pipes.

“An estimate of the prevalence of self-reported hypersensitivity to electric or magnetic fields is between 1 and 2 percent in the general Swedish population (Hillert et al. 2002). Symptoms include headaches, flu-like symptoms, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, poor quality sleep, tightness in the chest, eye discomfort, skin disorders, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty concentrating (Levallois, 2002).”

http://docs.stetzerelectric.com/Havas-Stetzer-London-2004.pdf

Here is a page with several more excellent research studies.

http://www.stetzerelectric.com/category/research/

Stetzerizer Filters are the only product i know that really works to mitigate these EMF problems in the home, i noticed a big difference after installing them.

“The Stetzerizer Filter is designed to filter harmonics and other high frequency current (trash) from the electrical environment, thereby reducing the potential for leakage into the human environment and creating additional trash in non-liner loads (televisions, computers, variable frequency drives, energy-efficient lighting, etc.).”

These are the Harmonic Filters:

https://www.stetzerelectric.com/store/stetzerizer-filter/

This is the microsurge meter:

https://www.stetzerelectric.com/store/stetzerizer-microsurge-meter/

Can you elaborate on how they work ? Do you have to have one for every socket ? This seems like the hit or miss kind of thing, which is also reflected in the reviews : A lot of good ones and some very bad ones. Also to measure if you need them you they tell you to buy their own measuring device. Seems a bit fishy. Not trying to bash them ,there's just so much bs out there especially in that department ...

JanW55

Interesting! I recently realized that the (presumably hypothyroid-related) tinnitus / ringing in my ears was actually differing in intensity as I was physically in different spaces; for example, it was much less in certain public spaces or even differed walking around outside -- today I noticed the effect from walking down in an older neighborhood among houses (very little ear-ringing) versus uphill from there (a busy intersection featuring all kinds of wires and traffic signals -- some recently 'modernized' and added to for increased functionality).

I began to speculate about what I'm hearing being wi-fi or EMF related. At least as far as it being noticeable more in one place than another. So anyway, when we began with IBT recently and I was actually lying down inclined and being more 'starting to heal' I call it, it made me very aware that the tinnitus was extremely bad right where my head was and it was better if I changed position either 1/4 or 1/2 turn off the original position.

I think the aluminum foil idea is well worth trying to try as an experiment. Years ago I wrapped my 15-years ago first 'cellphone' era 'flip-phone' in foil as an experiment and telephoned it and it was stated, by whatever 'voice messaging system' automatically tried to answer it, to be completely unknown or nonexistent or some such message.

(Joking here but my family has always said they suspected me of wearing the foil helmet but I have not gone that far. Admittedly, there has been magnetic jewelry but it just looked ornamental and was sold in kiosks in the mall so not that strange ... hematite and all that kind of thing.)

So anyway, I was thinking well, our Internet Service Provider's business modem is in a straight line from the head of the bed (it is in the next room on the other side of the opposite wall, but one of those more powerful speedier ones) and who knows what is in the next apartment over on the same side of the bed headboard.

That apartment is at the absolute end of the building and features a female tenant who seems to be a reclusive type (no issues from any standpoint of loud music or partying or visitors at all, etc.) but there are strange banging, knocking, and eerie sounds emitting pretty regularly in the wee-small hours of the night. Also somewhat oddly that apt always has a lot of deliveries -- max noticed thus far: one year ago over a four-day span, there were 29 accumulated, said to be awaiting pickup and as of today, right now, there are said to be 11 packages at the moment, per the lobby's notification system.

One day last year it had reached such a point, with 20-plus, that the maintenance supervisor himself (who seems to be the only person this tenant will allow to make contact with her) brought up a door cart (used to transport things from one's vehicle to one's unit typically) with a lot of boxes, and they were of varying sizes and shapes, to presumably go on and get them out of the rather small closet the lobby attendants keep the packages in, locked up.

So I have zero idea of what goes on in that unit and don't want to know, but it might be adding to the wi-fi or EMF situation, for all I know.

Suffice it to say that IBT has enabled me to get some sleep versus total insomnia and seems to have enhanced my awareness of tinnitus and/or perception of noises (even if some are just 'mysterious bumps in the night.'

I will let you all know if this tin-foil thing changes anything as far as bed-headboard use.

TheSir

In my apartment my laptop picks 10+ strong WLAN signals from the tenants living around me. I've been wondering whether this could be affecting my mood, since every time I come back to this apartment I start drinking more alcohol and coffee and staying up late, overall feeling more neurotic. Could WLAN/WIFI cause such reaction? The EMF readings throughout the apartment are at the normal ~0.5 gauss.

I can't believe I'm asking this but: could wearing a tin foil hat protect me from some of the effects I'm experiencing? What about putting a layer of foil in under the tapestry of all walls and into the ceiling?

pepsi

Have you noticed any cognitive benefits since putting the foil behind your headboard, like clearer thinking, better sleep?

OP
Chaos

Chaos

Just to clarify, there are 3 types of EMF that I'm aware of.
  1. Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
  2. Electric Fields (EF)
  3. Radio Frequences (RF)
The tin foil doesn't seem to effect Electromagnetic Fields, but it does drop the Electric Fields down to zero in my testing. Electric Fields come from wires in the walls, hence why I like putting tinfoil behind my headboard.

OP
Chaos

Chaos

Important notice:

I just realized that if you do not ground your tin foil barrier, it will actually INCREASE your exposure to EMF. When I was testing the tin foil with my meter I was holding the tin foil in my hand (effectively grounding the emf through me), when the tin foil is not being grounded, it actually enhances the EMF.

To fix my bed board tin foil I cut an old wire apart and taped it to the tin foil. On the other end I wrapped the wiring around a screw and inserted it into the bottom socket (where the 3rd prong on a 3 prong plug would go). This grounds the foil. See this link for finding ground:
https://www.dummies.com/wp-content/uploads/309573.image1.jpg

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Can you elaborate on how they work ? Do you have to have one for every socket ? This seems like the hit or miss kind of thing, which is also reflected in the reviews : A lot of good ones and some very bad ones. Also to measure if you need them you they tell you to buy their own measuring device. Seems a bit fishy. Not trying to bash them ,there's just so much bs out there especially in that department ...

You want to put about 20 of them in a house, less in a apartment, put one near the main electric panel and one on each side of the bed, all that information is on there website.

I was a electrician for many years when i was younger and started to notice the effects of different building environments and types of lighting.

Here is bio of Dave the owner, i have had good conversations with the technician there, you can call them also.

"Dave Stetzer has been an electrician by training, education and experience for over 30 years. He joined the United States Air Force in December 1970 and began his career in electricity when he attended electronics school at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi Mississippi from February through November 1971. At that time, Keesler AFB was known as the world’s #1 electronics school.

During this training Dave was given top-secret military clearance, as much of the electronic equipment he worked on was, and still remains, highly classified. Dave completed training as a ground radio communications electronics technician and was assigned to the 676 Radar Squadron, Antigo Air Force Station, Antigo, Wisconsin. There he diagnosed and repaired a variety of electronic equipment, including PC boards, Klystron tubes and integrated circuits, as well as highly classified military electronic equipment, employing among other things, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and digital frequency counters."

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Just to clarify, there are 3 types of EMF that I'm aware of.
  1. Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
  2. Electric Fields (EF)
  3. Radio Frequences (RF)
The tin foil doesn't seem to effect Electromagnetic Fields, but it does drop the Electric Fields down to zero in my testing. Electric Fields come from wires in the walls, hence why I like putting tinfoil behind my headboard.

Every thing in nature is a Electrocmagnetic Field, including us and the whole universe, its how we learn to harmonize with our environment, as ones health improves you will become less sensitive to everything.

achillea

There is a Stetzer meter that you plug into the plugs in your house and if it above 35 or so you put in a filter. It is amazing what it does.
There is another filter from Greenwave that is pretty good too.
We bought our filters from Electra Health. He is a young guy who is trying to figure out shielded cords, wifi etc.

Makrosky

When I was testing the tin foil with my meter I was holding the tin foil in my hand (effectively grounding the emf through me), when the tin foil is not being grounded, it actually enhances the EMF.
LOL! The very same thing happened to me.

ddjd

Great
Hello,

I recently purchased an EMF meter (gq-390) and noticed the place where my head lay on my bed was high in electrical fields (100.0+ V/m). I decided to try putting a piece of tinfoil behind my headboard to see if it reduced the field. The tin foil dropped the field to 0.1 V/m. When I removed the tinfoil, it jumped back to over 100 V/m.

My suggestion: tape tinfoil behind your headboard.

This is cheap, effective, and unnoticeable.
Great tip thanks. Does a device like that measure 5g as well?

Makrosky

In my apartment my laptop picks 10+ strong WLAN signals from the tenants living around me. I've been wondering whether this could be affecting my mood, since every time I come back to this apartment I start drinking more alcohol and coffee and staying up late, overall feeling more neurotic. Could WLAN/WIFI cause such reaction? The EMF readings throughout the apartment are at the normal ~0.5 gauss.

I can't believe I'm asking this but: could wearing a tin foil hat protect me from some of the effects I'm experiencing? What about putting a layer of foil in under the tapestry of all walls and into the ceiling?
Absolutely yes. And not only the wifi, if you have other sources of EMF or even geopathic lines there, it can affect.

Tin foil: No. Don't use that. It will make it much worse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom