Cimetidine decreased weight by 5 kg over 12 weeks in this study

Mauritio

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
Cool study . The 4.6 percent reduction in body fat is quite impressive
If you extrapolate that over a year that's 13,8% fat loss per year
I understand Famotidine will be safer long term, however, i haven't found weight loss studies with that.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Here is another study with this conclusion. It doesn't sound Peaty if you ask me if that indeed is the mechanism of weight loss:

Conclusion: Intake of cimetidine suspension 30 minutes before meals in overweight subjects may lead to reduced hunger, less food intake, and subsequent weight loss. This effect may be due to the suppression of gastric acid secretion. Cimetidine suspension may be a valuable adjunct in treating obesity.

miquelangeles

I understand Famotidine will be safer long term, however, i haven't found weight loss studies with that.
If I remember correctly ranitidine is the safest, the only one which wasn't associated with malignancy when compared to cimetidine and famotidine. Not a coincidence that it was taken off the market. That study they used was proven false afterwards, but don't expect them to bring it back.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
If I remember correctly ranitidine is the safest, the only one which wasn't associated with malignancy when compared to cimetidine and famotidine. Not a coincidence that it was taken off the market. That study they used was proven false afterwards, but don't expect them to bring it back.
I think Ray and the general consensus favor famotidine.

Going back to Elie's question, if indeed the weight loss is induced by what is being described by the article I posted (blunting hunger through lowering acid), then famotidine should work as such as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals