Coenzyme Q10

P

Peatness

I need to find a good quality Coenzyme Q10 preferably the ubiquinone form. I think I’ve finally worked out what causing my muscle weakness, evil telmisartan. Doctors don't tell you which nutrients these drugs deplete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon2547

Why is ubiquinone preferable to ubiquinol?

Jon2547

I concur with Pina. I don't think bioperine needs to be in any supplement. Probably irritates the gut.

Mito

Last edited:
OP
P

Peatness

Didn't know. It has benefits as well. Nothing's perfect.

OP
P

Peatness

Thank you for these.

Angela_7

Can you eat beef heart? It has good levels of CoQ10. I actually love the taste of heart. I cut it up in stew size pieces and cook it in my slow cooker with salt & herbs.

OP
P

Peatness

Can you eat beef heart? It has good levels of CoQ10. I actually love the taste of heart. I cut it up in stew size pieces and cook it in my slow cooker with salt & herbs.
Sounds delicious but life is such that cooking up a pot of stew would be a miracle right now.

Jon2547

Jstar

Curt Michael Graydon insists on the unbiquinol form, 300mg/day. This is the number one supplement he recommends for every one, especially people over 40. He puts forth a very intelligent cancer protocol, which can be found on his FB page.

Perry Staltic

Serotonin is not a bad molecule. It's essential to life in fact. Too much or too little of it is bad. If synthesis increases briefly, metabolism and storage of it will also increase in normal function

OP
P

Peatness

Serotonin is not a bad molecule. It's essential to life in fact. Too much or too little of it is bad. If synthesis increases briefly, metabolism and storage of it will also increase in normal function
I need to avoid anything that will promote it.

OP
P

Peatness

I'm just planting this quote here to remind me to sort out my protein intake

A simple protein deficiency has many surprising effects. It lowers body temperature, and suppresses the thyroid, but it increases inflammation and the tendency of blood to clot. Since the brain and heart and lungs require a continuous supply of essential amino acids if they are to continue functioning, in the absence of dietary protein, cortisol must be produced continuously to mobilize amino acids from the expendable tissues, which are mainly the skeletal muscles. These muscles have a high concentration of tryptophan and cysteine, which suppress the thyroid. Cysteine is excitoxic, and tryptophan is the precursor for serotonin. Presumably, their presence in, and stress-induced release from, the muscles is one of the mechanisms that reduce metabolic activity during certain types of stress.

When pregnant animals are deprived of protein, the newborn animals have abnormally high levels of serotonin, and the enzymes responsible for that excess tend to maintain the serotonin excess even when they are grown and have adequate protein. This is analogous to the effect of excess estrogen early in life, which creates a tendency to develop breast or prostate cancer in adulthood. It would be interesting to study the gestational experience, e.g., length of gestation and birth weight, of the people who later develop MS.

OP
P

Peatness

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Peatness

CoQ10 deficiency diseases in adults

Protective effect of coenzyme Q10 on cultured skeletal muscle cell injury induced by continuous electric field stimulation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals