Constipation at lower doses of vit D (2500 IU internally)

member11823

I've been taking NOW vitamin D 2000 IU for years, recently I have switched to Jarrow Vitamin D 2500 IU but it causes me constipation. How may I fix that?
I've read somewhere sublingual vitamin D goes better?

ChemHead

I've been taking NOW vitamin D 2000 IU for years, recently I have switched to Jarrow Vitamin D 2500 IU but it causes me constipation. How may I fix that?
I've read somewhere sublingual vitamin D goes better?
Try taking more magnesium. I get chest tightness if I take 10,000 iu of vitamin D, but it's attentuated if I take magnesium glycinate. Might be possible that the Jarrow brand has higher potency than whatever you were previously using and you require more magnesium.

OP
M

member11823

Yes, it seems Jarrow's product is stronger at all. 500 IU isn't that much. However is the constipation caused by the cholecalciferol connected to the calcium in the foods? Or it's cause by the elevated calcium in the blood? How may I skip this side effect, excluding the eventual increase in magnesium intake? Will liposomal vitamin d solve the problem? How about sublingual vit D? Topical apply is not an option because it's too annoying.

LadyRae

Anything that opposes serotonin, as Vitamin D is purported to do, could cause certain individuals constipation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals