Copper Toxicity Syndrome

gretchen

http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/COPPER_TOXICITY_SYNDROME.htm

This article might shed more light on some of the questions previously discussed in this thread:
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5570&hilit=Copper

Dr. Wilson links copper imbalances to neurological disorders such as depression, bi-polar, schizophrenia, anxiety, learning disabilities, autism, ADHD, etc. He says it's connected to homosexuality due to copper's role in hormonal balance.

Also,
The overall effect of copper appears to be to enhance all emotional states in a human being. Dr. Eck felt that copper stimulates the diencephalons or old brain. Zinc is needed for the new brain or cortex.This brain is associated with the “higher emotions” such as reasoning, compassion and love.......

Copper imbalances cause cancer due metabolic effects:
Copper imbalance impairs the immune system.......Copper blocks anaerobic metabolism when it is in balance. This can help prevent cancer when copper is in balance, but not when it is too high or too low in the body.

And weirdly,
Is it possible that our mineral balance affects our attitudes? Copper is called the 'love' mineral, the 'intuitive' mineral, and a 'feminine' mineral because it is so important for the female reproductive system. Its level generally parallels that of estrogen. While many factors influence our attitudes and values, the rise in tissue copper levels in both men and women in the past fifty years parallels renewed interest in women’s issues, in religious and intuitive knowledge, and other “new age” and other movements.
Copper may promote or encourage these interests and activities by causing mild tissue catabolism that breaks down old tissues in the body,
thus making way for the development of other types of tissues in the body. This sounds very vague, but apparently copper has this type of effect.

jyb

gretchen said:
Copper is apparently one of the major nails in the coffin of vegetarian/vegan diets, and explains why the diet has destroyed our collective health and society.

Vegetarian diet high in copper...isn't it the opposite? Also, soils have been getting poor in minerals esp copper in the last decades.

Aspekt

I can't pretend to be especially knowledgeable about copper (although like jyb i recall reading copper has been heavily depleted from the soil over the last half century) but from reading this guy's site there's so much information that just doesn't sit right with me, there seems to be a lack of cohesive system to tie it all together. Here's just a few of his dietary recommendations. There may be something to the copper thing but much of his advice seems extremely anti thyroid to me.

Almost all adults need to drink three (3) quarts of water each and every day. An excellent habit is to drink up to 1 quart of healthful spring water upon arising in the morning.

1. Carrot Juice daily. Every adult needs to drink about 10-12 ounces of carrot juice daily, preferably away from a meal. If possible, wait 15 minutes after drinking it before eating a meal. One or two ounces of wheat grass juice is also fine as a substitute, but not all the time. Read more about this later in this article and in the article entitled Carrot Juice for more information about this wonderful food item.

Eat 2-3 cups of cooked vegetables at each meal, least three times daily. This means 6-9 cups of cooked vegetables daily.
Avoid ALL fruits, which I find are not good for almost everyone today. They are almost all hybrids that are too sweet, and they have less nutrition than most other natural foods. They are also very yin in Chinese medical terms. Fruits often upset the blood sugar level and very often contribute to intestinal diseases such as yeast infections. Also, while technically alkaline-forming, most people cannot utilize them properly and they acidify the body, at times.

YuraCZ

I think people here completely ignore this issue and that is a big problem.. Fat, hypothyroid, estrogen dominant people ARE COPPER TOXIC and still consume massive amounts of copper with cocoa, beef liver etc.. These people will be sick until they die..
http://www.holistic-back-relief.com/cop ... icity.html
http://nutritionalbalancing.org/center/ ... xicity.php

[bbvideo=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9QQyxSRK4[/bbvideo]
[bbvideo=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv1bDqfU7Pg[/bbvideo]

Last edited by a moderator:

milk_lover

YuraCZ said:
I think people here completely ignore this issue and that is a big problem.. Fat, hypothyroid, estrogen dominant people ARE COPPER TOXIC and still consume massive amounts of copper with cocoa, beef liver etc.. These people will be sick until they die..
So you think lamb liver is healthier than beef liver in terms of copper balance?

YuraCZ

milk_lover said:
post 101431
YuraCZ said:
So you think lamb liver is healthier than beef liver in terms of copper balance?
7g of copper per 100g of lamb liver is still crazy high. For sick hypothyroid people with sluggish liver.. Chicken liver is low in copper. Good source of vitamin A.

milk_lover

YuraCZ said:
7g of copper per 100g of lamb liver is still crazy high. For sick hypothyroid people with sluggish liver.. Chicken liver is low in copper. Good source of vitamin A.
But per 100g of lamb liver, you get 8g of zinc. Zinc/copper ratio is not bad. Will that be good for the copper balance?

YuraCZ

milk_lover said:
post 101434
YuraCZ said:
But per 100g of lamb liver, you get 8g of zinc. Zinc/copper ratio is not bad. Will that be good for the copper balance?
Due to higher zinc content yes. But I think still better choice is chicken liver for supplementing vit A and for zinc beef meat or supplement..

YuraCZ

Pls search copper toxicity and go read about this issue something. It's not that simple.. For example those interviews with Robbins are good

milk_lover

YuraCZ said:
Due to higher zinc content yes. But I think still better choice is chicken liver for supplementing vit A and for zinc beef meat or supplement..
You'll have to eat 400g of chicken liver to match vit A from 100g of lamb liver, and you'll get 8g of PUFA. But chicken liver is good if u want enough vit A that doesn't suppress your thyroid with less copper. I guess if I am going to eat lamb liver, I will accompany it with zinc food like regular lamb meat.

YuraCZ

milk_lover said:
post 101446
YuraCZ said:
You'll have to eat 400g of chicken liver to match vit A from 100g of lamb liver, and you'll get 8g of PUFA. But chicken liver is good if u want enough vit A that doesn't suppress your thyroid with less copper. I guess if I am going to eat lamb liver, I will accompany it with zinc food like regular lamb meat.
or just 15-20mg zinc tablet.

Giraffe

YuraCZ said:
post 101430 I think people here completely ignore this issue and that is a big problem.. Fat, hypothyroid, estrogen dominant people ARE COPPER TOXIC and still consume massive amounts of copper with cocoa, beef liver etc.. These people will be sick until they die..
Interesting interview with Morley Robbins, but I don't get what your point is. Robbins talks a lot about copper deficieny and copper disregulation, and he recommends eating liver.

YuraCZ

Giraffe said:
post 101449
YuraCZ said:
post 101430 I think people here completely ignore this issue and that is a big problem.. Fat, hypothyroid, estrogen dominant people ARE COPPER TOXIC and still consume massive amounts of copper with cocoa, beef liver etc.. These people will be sick until they die..
Interesting interview with Morley Robbins, but I don't get what your point is. Robbins talks a lot about copper deficieny and copper disregulation, and he recommends eating liver.
What my point is? lol.. So again. Here are people mainly slow oxidizers with slow metabolism, with hypothyroidism, high estrogen, constipation, sluggish liver, stressed out. This all contributes in low ceruloplasmin. Which means you are not able to utilize copper properly. You store more and more copper in the liver, brain and basically everywhere(So basically you end up with copper overload in the liver and with copper deficiencies in connective tissue for example) This will make your hypothyroidism, estrogen dominance, sluggish liver etc. worse and worse. Especially with Peat friendly foods.. If people here don't get this. I'm sorry for them. Btw robbins talk also about toxicity. How ceruloplasmin is important etc..

burtlancast

SaltGirl

I am very unsure about this copper toxicity thing, mostly because I once believed it, followed the protocol and managed to make my health deterioate even more.

What is often forgotten is that during inflammation(which is something that can be brought on by high estrogen) copper is mobilized and raised in the serum. Here is a decent article about it all.

http://valtsus.blogspot.fi/2014/01/copp ... rient.html

Giraffe

YuraCZ said:
post 101453
Giraffe said:
post 101449
YuraCZ said:
What my point is? lol.. So again. Here are people mainly slow oxidizers with slow metabolism, with hypothyroidism, high estrogen, constipation, sluggish liver, stressed out. This all contributes in low ceruloplasmin. Which means you are not able to utilize copper properly. You store more and more copper in the liver, brain and basically everywhere(So basically you end up with copper overload in the liver and with copper deficiencies in connective tissue for example) This will make your hypothyroidism, estrogen dominance, sluggish liver etc. worse and worse. Especially with Peat friendly foods.. If people here don't get this. I'm sorry for them. Btw robbins talk also about toxicity. How ceruloplasmin is important etc..
I don't like your tone, YuraCZ!

Robbins said that copper toxicity creates copper deficiency. He stresses over and over again the importance of retinol. He says copper and zinc are balanced fine in liver.

When asked how to tackle copper toxicity, he explains how to deal with copper disregulation. Please note how he always tries to avoid the word "toxicity". So what does he advise? Improve liver functions, get stress levels down, get a good food source of vitamin A, significant whole food vitamin C (no vitamin C supplements), vitamin B-complex, ...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

dd99

So, YuraCZ, it seems you are experimenting with Dr Eck after gbolduev talked about it so much. Have you seen any improvements?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals