Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion

Meh, i don't understand the hype around oxytocin especially because its receptors are upregulated by estrogens and if i'm not wrong, some people here consider it a stress hormone.

A positive thing is that it might increase 5AR
@cupofcoffee Thanks for this, will read.

Mauritio

@cupofcoffee Thanks for this, will read.
Yeah, not sure about oxytocin ,it does facilitate bonding between humans (and dogs) ,but it does have amino stress hormone properties .
I remember taking one of the peat approved probiotics ,which later turned out to also raise oxytocin . So as always the proof is in the pudding , I'll try it and if it doesnt agree with me I'll stop.
So far the evidence for cordyceps is overwhelmingly positive and peat approved .

stackz07

Yeah, not sure about oxytocin ,it does facilitate bonding between humans (and dogs) ,but it does have amino stress hormone properties .
I remember taking one of the peat approved probiotics ,which later turned out to also raise oxytocin . So as always the proof is in the pudding , I'll try it and if it doesnt agree with me I'll stop.
So far the evidence for cordyceps is overwhelmingly positive and peat approved .

What was the peat approved probiotic?

Mauritio

What was the peat approved probiotic?
I'm not sure anymore
It was like 11/2 years ago when I experimented with phages and few probiotics.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
LONG time cordyceps ab(user) here....

I took cordyceps for at least 3-4 years STRAIGHT when I was playing professional soccer.

Not only did it enhance my endurance, breathing capacity and discipline, but at the time, it certainly kept my sex-drive very high/obsessive almost.

I really like it as a standalone herb.

Probably contributed to my 988ng/dl natty testosterone levels.

I will be doing a video on Cordyceps soon on my YouTube channel, keep an eye out lads:
https://www.youtube.com/c/boostyourbiology/

Also worth reading:
Beneficial Effect of Cordyceps militaris on Exercise Performance via Promoting Cellular Energy Production

stackz07

I can't take it right now because I get autoimmune flare ups :\ I guess beta-glucans are bad for auto immune ***t.

Mauritio

LONG time cordyceps ab(user) here....

I took cordyceps for at least 3-4 years STRAIGHT when I was playing professional soccer.

Not only did it enhance my endurance, breathing capacity and discipline, but at the time, it certainly kept my sex-drive very high/obsessive almost.

I really like it as a standalone herb.

Probably contributed to my 988ng/dl natty testosterone levels.

I will be doing a video on Cordyceps soon on my YouTube channel, keep an eye out lads:
https://www.youtube.com/c/boostyourbiology/

Also worth reading:
Beneficial Effect of Cordyceps militaris on Exercise Performance via Promoting Cellular Energy Production
Wow ,what's you're estrogen or prolactin?

Mauritio

1365mg per kg
That is enough to worry about ... The study looked at cordyceps sinensis ,and not the extract of it . Dont know how much that changes.
But did you ask peat about it ?

AlbertScent5G

The study looked at cordyceps sinensis ,and not the extract of it .
I remember having read that cordyceps militaris is more often used in supplements than sinensis. In addition to this, I had read that in many cases fruiting bodies aren't used in supplements as frequently as mycelial tissue. However, this would probably depend on the brand and their manufacturing methods.

Mauritio

My estrogen is sky high (hence high af libido), with Low prolactin, the perfect combination for good sexual response (Even if my girl rubs her hand on my legs whilst I'm driving, I will get a boner now).
That's rare to have high estrogen and low prolactin. Usually they both go hand in hand . Maybe it's a tissue versus blood kind of thing . When it's a high in the blood it might mean low tissue estrogen.
Prolactin is usually a good measure for estrogen and serotonin ,so its definitely good when it's low . Plus low prolactin often causes high libido .The ergot derivatives sometimes even cause hypersexuality.

Palerider

My estrogen is sky high (hence high af libido), with Low prolactin, the perfect combination for good sexual response (Even if my girl rubs her hand on my legs whilst I'm driving, I will get a boner now).
@Lokzo Would you ascribe this to anything specific which could be readily replicated by someone else?

dukesbobby777

I tried a few extracts of this in recent years and I found it a bit mood blunting, so I didn’t experience any of the benefits spoken about in this thread. But then, anything that’s a AChE inhibitor has this effect for me.

Mauritio

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals