Curing Crepitus?

Madlash

I've been experiencing crepitus (cracking/grinding joints) in my neck and thoracic spine for somewhat over a year. There is some associated stiffness (and relief after stretching and cracking the joints) but not really any pain. It is annoying however, makes me feel old (I'm coming up on 35), and has caused me to worry about arthritis. I feel like there should be some way to cure or improve it. If anyone knows of a nutritional or exercise-based cure, please advise.

I did find an older thread (All My Joints Are Cracking) with some interesting ideas. To be clear, not ALL my joints are cracking, and I don't have any of the additional histamine-related issues the OP described. My symptoms do have a loose temporal connection with ZMA supplementation, so I am thinking I might be copper deficient as @Douglas Elk mentions. I'm planning to buy a bottle of copper bisglycinate soon and see if a 2-3mg daily supplementation has any effect. If not, I may look into the MSM recommendation another poster made.

aliml

Factors That Decrease Collagen Production

1) UV Radiation
2) Vitamin C Deficiency
3) Stress and Lack of Sleep
4) High Blood Sugar and Diabetes

Factors that Increase Collagen Production

1) Vitamin C
2) Lysine and proline
3) Vitamin B3
4) Vitamin A
5) Orthosilicic Acid