Dairy Mucus/Itchy Body

mantq

Hey guys!

I've noticed, that I'm having phlegm/mucus issues past few weeks (coincidentally increased my dairy intake much more). Sometimes at night, I also scratch my body especially arms, waking up with scratch marks on my biceps lol

Perhaps the worst part is the mucus, I have to blow my nose once/twice every hour on the hour, thick white mucus comes out.. Not the best feeling to say the least.. Have to do a mini cough as well to clear my throat.. It's like a very mild ever-lasting cold so to speak..

I really love dairy, however, as per the reasons above, thinking of dropping it entirely.. What am I supposed to eat in that case? My body demands a lot of calories, I'm super active, 6'2 190lbs 10% bodyfat. My appetite is crazy, if I drop dairy 100% - what should I eat? On the side note, what if I was to supplement with whey? Is casein the only part (or perhaps most significant part) problematic in dairy?

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hey guys!

I've noticed, that I'm having phlegm/mucus issues past few weeks (coincidentally increased my dairy intake much more). Sometimes at night, I also scratch my body especially arms, waking up with scratch marks on my biceps lol

Perhaps the worst part is the mucus, I have to blow my nose once/twice every hour on the hour, thick white mucus comes out.. Not the best feeling to say the least.. Have to do a mini cough as well to clear my throat.. It's like a very mild ever-lasting cold so to speak..

I really love dairy, however, as per the reasons above, thinking of dropping it entirely.. What am I supposed to eat in that case? My body demands a lot of calories, I'm super active, 6'2 190lbs 10% bodyfat. My appetite is crazy, if I drop dairy 100% - what should I eat? On the side note, what if I was to supplement with whey? Is casein the only part (or perhaps most significant part) problematic in dairy?

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions!
Any time one changes their diet, the body might react or adapt in some way. Moreover, it's allergy season, at least here with the season change. It might be coincidental or your body might need time to accommodate. The kind of quality of the dairy is important too, so perhaps change it up a bit. If it is not being digested well, it will cause such problems. Dr. Peat for example get such a reaction from raw vegetables.

View: https://youtu.be/hLWR0KQh5Eg?t=4296

I would try all different kinds of dairy, e.g., goat milk, A2 cow milk, kefir, cheeses, multiple different brands of the same type of dairy, etc., to see if any are tolerated better. In the worst case scenario you can get calcium from egg shell powder and/or from various greens.

aniciete

Same happens to me plus some other bad symptoms. I’ve tried every type of dairy I could get my hands on but it doesn’t make much of a difference. Pretty sure it’s the casein.

Sphagnum

I second the suggestion for switching up dairy types. I can get similar congestion/phlegm issues with normal cow milk, but I have no such symptom with A2/A2 cow, or goat dairy.

pondering

I agree as well with trying different dairy types, products, and brands. I did notice that cheeses from Europe do not produce as much mucus/phlegm for me as US dairy brands. A friend lived in Europe for many years and said she has no issues eating dairy there, but when she eats dairy in the US it causes her issues too.

Last edited:

HeyThere

Over the years searching for "white mucus sinus" only brings up "allergy to some food". Frustrating.
No matter what milk I try, I react with the same thick mucus and itching. It can be goat's milk, it can be milk without lactose, doesn't matter. As a kid I had this issue but goat milk was okay I'm told. As an adult now though, I have endless issues with tolerating foods, most likely due to chronic, torturous stress and worry for decades on end. Oh well.

Peater

Sometimes at night, I also scratch my body especially arms, waking up with scratch marks on my biceps lol
Check your riboflavin. I saw itching mentioned as a riboflavin deficiency symptom and it's something I have experienced on and off for years. The past two days I have been out in the sun, hiking approx 6 miles. I was physically tired but mentally over-active, as well as the itching,

I burned slightly but not enough to worry about but the itching was insane last night even in places I was covered/not exposed to the sun. At 1.30am I had some OJ with sodium bicarb which normally sends me straight to sleep but didn't this time. Then I remember light/sun depletes it and I've been eating a lot less to try and lean up. At 2.30am I had 400mg of B2, and was asleep by around 3am.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals