DAO enzyme supplement and Insomnia?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Has anyone here ever noticed a clear link between DAO enzyme supplements and insomnia?
Thanks.
Paul

Has anyone here ever noticed a clear link between DAO enzyme supplements and insomnia?
Thanks.
Paul
I could see why it would. I use to take the enzyme, when I was dealing with histamine intolerance, years ago, to get me through a restaurant meal without repercussions. Considering high histamines caused me horrible insomnia, I could imagine that DAO would work for sleep. On wide awake nights I would down a sweet espresso shot to get me back to sleep. Coffee, sugar and salt are natural antihistamines. I credit Ray Peat for that valuable bit of information, that got me off of round-the-clock doses of Claritin, that I was taking for two years..

“Diamine oxidase is an enzyme that helps break down excess histamine in your body. More research is needed to establish effectiveness and dosage, though current studies report no adverse effects.”

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I could see why it would. I use to take the enzyme, when I was dealing with histamine intolerance, years ago, to get me through a restaurant meal without repercussions. Considering high histamines caused me horrible insomnia, I could imagine that DAO would work for sleep. On wide awake nights I would down a sweet espresso shot to get me back to sleep. Coffee, sugar and salt are natural antihistamines. I credit Ray Peat for that valuable bit of information, that got me off of round-the-clock doses of Claritin, that I was taking for two years..

“Diamine oxidase is an enzyme that helps break down excess histamine in your body. More research is needed to establish effectiveness and dosage, though current studies report no adverse effects.”

Thanks.
I meant a - causative - link between DAO enzyme supplements and insomnia.

HeyThere

IMO, anything involving digestion can def keep you up. DAO involves digestion, so I think it's very possible.

I'm taking Magnesium and learned it raises DAO production. I'm really starting to think a lot of these issues on forums are just a lack of PROPER levels of vitamins and minerals. I have tried about 5 different types of Mag and they all made me sick or gave me reactions. Now I'm trying Sucrosomial Mag and so far so good and amazing. I took 1 day break yesterday after 5 days straight of taking it because it made me SO tired and sleepy during work the next day. But boy were my muscles relaxed as well as my chronic neck spasms and insane tightness, and my nerves calmed after just a few days of taking it, and everything is flowing like my blood and my oxygen. the tightness was literally choking me. Felt like that damn switch of insane tightness and fight or flight was finally turned OFF after decades. Def keeping on this but even smaller doses for me so I don't sleep all day after work. I hope it keeps working because I can see this is KEY for me and my digestion and everything else. Also, no vitamin or mineral supplements properly work unless your base line Magnesium levels are correct.

RichardF

IMO, anything involving digestion can def keep you up. DAO involves digestion, so I think it's very possible.

I'm taking Magnesium and learned it raises DAO production. I'm really starting to think a lot of these issues on forums are just a lack of PROPER levels of vitamins and minerals. I have tried about 5 different types of Mag and they all made me sick or gave me reactions. Now I'm trying Sucrosomial Mag and so far so good and amazing. I took 1 day break yesterday after 5 days straight of taking it because it made me SO tired and sleepy during work the next day. But boy were my muscles relaxed as well as my chronic neck spasms and insane tightness, and my nerves calmed after just a few days of taking it, and everything is flowing like my blood and my oxygen. the tightness was literally choking me. Felt like that damn switch of insane tightness and fight or flight was finally turned OFF after decades. Def keeping on this but even smaller doses for me so I don't sleep all day after work. I hope it keeps working because I can see this is KEY for me and my digestion and everything else. Also, no vitamin or mineral supplements properly work unless your base line Magnesium levels are correct.
May I ask what brand of sucrosomial magnesium you are using, please? thanks!

HeyThere

May I ask what brand of sucrosomial magnesium you are using, please? thanks!

Ok, I strongly believe taking vitamins makes me dehydrated. Always seems to be an issue with me. Even my lips were showing signs. So I took a Drip Drop hydrating drink thing and it helped immediately. Will be doing this every day to counteract the total floaty exhaustion I get from vitamins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals