Daughter has speech delay and cavities.

liber1

I was hoping someone might have some information that could help us. My daughter, 2.5 years old, has a slight speech delay. She's obviously very young, but she is behind where her older sisters were at that age. She also has multiple cavities forming and it's gotten to the point where her two front teeth developed a brown/orange coloration where the top layer has come away. I don't remember the medical term for it.

Does anyone know of some connection between cavities and speech delay. Maybe a B vitamin effecting both calcium absorption and linguistic processing? I really don't understand enough to know where to even start looking besides asking here. Or does anyone know of some way to at least support her enamel more holistically. Dentist wants to keep using fluoride and silver treatment but I'm convinced that she has some nutritional deficiency that my wife and I are unaware of.

Thanks for reading.

I was hoping someone might have some information that could help us. My daughter, 2.5 years old, has a slight speech delay. She's obviously very young, but she is behind where her older sisters were at that age. She also has multiple cavities forming and it's gotten to the point where her two front teeth developed a brown/orange coloration where the top layer has come away. I don't remember the medical term for it.

Does anyone know of some connection between cavities and speech delay. Maybe a B vitamin effecting both calcium absorption and linguistic processing? I really don't understand enough to know where to even start looking besides asking here. Or does anyone know of some way to at least support her enamel more holistically. Dentist wants to keep using fluoride and silver treatment but I'm convinced that she has some nutritional deficiency that my wife and I are unaware of.

Thanks for reading.
I would cut grains out of her diet for her teeth to stop decaying. Does she have dairy in her diet?

OP
L

liber1

She has maybe 12 ounces of milk per day and maybe yogurt and a little cheese from time to time. I try to go with her cravings, which is usually apple juice or chocolate milk and a little fatty meat like bacon or chicken thigh.

And she does have grains daily. We have four kids and sometimes it can be challenging to stick to optimal foods so we do throw that stuff in there. But my wife makes homemade things with grains so we can at least avoid the fortified ones about half of the time.

I’ll see about reducing grains for the kids for a bit and hopefully it has a good effect for her teeth. Thanks so much for your advice.

Peater

Dentist wants to keep using fluoride

I thought fluoride could cause that very thing. Anyway it might be worth trying some high Vit K cheese like gouda, edam, etc, or a supplement but I would have no idea how to dose for a toddler.

OP
L

liber1

I thought fluoride could cause that very thing. Anyway it might be worth trying some high Vit K cheese like gouda, edam, etc, or a supplement but I would have no idea how to dose for a toddler.
Neither would I. I am very reluctant to supplement for that reason but I would definitely try some foods like the ones you mentioned. Thank you for your insight

Peater

Neither would I. I am very reluctant to supplement for that reason but I would definitely try some foods like the ones you mentioned. Thank you for your insight

Do let us know how things progress. I just had a thought that if you did use a vitamin K supplement, you could apply it to the skin. Lots of people do the same, myself included. 1 drop transdermally would be pretty safe I think. You could apply vitamin D the same way (The two vitamins work together) I totally understand the reticence to give 'adult' supps to a toddler but I think this way of using them is worth considering.

Happy Camper

Thanks for reading.
Dr Google has two interesting results. First being bacteria. Second being a result of trauma. For tooth health, I like Vit D3. My toddler grandson eats lots of grass-fed beef liverwurst and braunsweger.

"If your child's teeth are turning orange, especially on the front teeth and at the gum line, it could be the result of bacteria that produce an orange skin. It could mean that your child is not doing a sufficient job in cleaning his/her teeth."

And

"Broken blood vessels in the tooth will result in a brown and orange color. While the discoloration may be gradual and not painful, a more serious process called resorption may be occurring. Resorption often is caused by trauma and results in the root of the tooth being eaten away."

Happy Camper

Thanks for reading.
And, Flouride will not help the speech delay. My kids have my toddler grandson using flouride toothpaste, mouthwash and dental treatments as we have well water, the dentist recommends. He also has a speech delay.

Fluoride will also sit on the iodine receptors in the thyroid, along with bromide (nearly all products with flour) and chloride.

Bad bone cancers are the other issue.

"A partial report of a study from the Harvard School of Public Health, published in 2006, found that exposure to higher levels of fluoride in drinking water was linked to a higher risk of osteosarcoma in boys but not in girls"

What is with our so called health department?

My kids won't listen.

makaronai

If she’s the 4th child and especially if she’s breastfed, I’d look into how her mum is doing? Any deficiencies on her side? If she was nutritionally deficient when pregnant (short gap between pregnancies), some deficiencies might have been passed down to the child?
I’d look into their iron and vitamin d levels.

Do you know if she has a lip tie?

Also, for a toothpaste we use hydroxyapatite instead of fluoride with out toddler. I think it’s helping with the slight stains (don’t think they’re cavities) on his front teeth.

Last edited:
OP
L

liber1

Do you know if she suffers from a dry mouth? Poor saliva quality would end up destroying your teeth.
I heard that saliva quality could play a major role. I don’t really notice her mouth breathing much. Not sure

OP
L

liber1

If she’s the 4th child and especially if she’s breastfed, I’d look into how her mum is doing? Any deficiencies on her side? If she was nutritionally deficient when pregnant (short gap between pregnancies), some deficiencies might have been passed down to the child?
I’d look into their iron and vitamin d levels.

Do you know if she has a lip tie?

Also, for a toothpaste we use hydroxyapatite instead of fluoride with out toddler. I think it’s helping with the slight stains (don’t think they’re cavities) on his front teeth.
This would make a lot of sense. She was conceived very shortly after her older sister was born and she is the youngest. I don’t even think my wife regained her full cycle before she was conceived.

The evidence for this being related to vitamin d deficiency is stacking up I think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals