Did I Do Something Wrong With Enema?

TreasureVibe

Hey all. I'm in a bit of trouble here. Last night, I have done 2 enemas after eachother, for the first time, to treat chronic constipation. The first one with plain water, the second one, about 2 hours afterwards, with a salt water solution. The first time with the plain water, all water came out directly after finishing the enema, except for a portion which was absorbed due to general dehydration. The second enema with the salt water solution did not come out completely, and now, about 8 hours later, it feels as if the salt water is still in my colon or intestines. A few hours ago some water came out occasionally, but not nearly all of it. It still hasn't come completely out after all those hours, and this is where my problem is.

I also made a mistake with the salt water solution, as I had put 4 big teaspoons of sea salt in 2.5 litres of water, while I was adviced to put in a teaspoon of salt per approx. 243 ml of water. I ended up using only 2 litres in the enema but this could mean technically that the salt water solution that I used had too few salt in it.

So I am kind of worried now that this chunk of water that is travelling or sitting somewhere in my bowels, which I can feel bubbling and hear occasionally, is causing my body to have electrolyte imbalance problems. I feel slightly light headed and a little bit anxious. Also occasionally I have jaw pain and arm pain. Also, my chest at my heart sometimes feels anxious, although I might be hyperfocusing on it due to anxiety.

What should I do, and should I be worried? Do I have to go to my GP?

I hope someone could help me out.

With best regards,

Richard

Tldr; I did 2 enemas. First one with water, all came out. Second with salt water solution that possibly had too few salt in it to mimick electrolyte balance of body. The salt water of the second enema still sits in my intestines and hasn't fully come out yet after 8 hours. I can feel and hear it in my bowels. I am afraid it could cause electrolyte imbalance. Feeling anxious. What can I do about it and should I be worried? Should I visit GP?

In short, the salt water got "stuck" in my gut.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

How much volume in total did you use?
2 litres for the first one (in which most got expelled, with a bit being absorbed I think, plain water)

and 2 litres for the second one which was a salt water solution. (With probably too few salt) the largest portion of this one got stuck in the intestines. I think the salt caused the intestines to pull it through the complete system because it thought it was food or something.

So a total of 4 litres but of the first 2 litres 90% was expelled and the other 10% absorbed into the bloodstream.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Have you been urinating?

Do you have the ability to take your pulse?
Haven't really been urinating, really small amounts came out a few hours ago. My pulse can be felt in my right wrist and right now laying down it's pretty slow. A beat per second.

Luckytype

Depending on the level of your hydration, youre probably going to absorb a lot of that water. The function of your large intestine is to do exactly that. The closer that solution was to the salinity of the blood(probably somewhat close to blood compared to the required recipe for it), the more you will likely absorb. If it has been 8 hours, youre either absorbing it or its coming back out.

Peristalsis is the movement(one direction only) within your digestive tract, while water can travel freely in theory just because of the lack of sphincters in the large intestine, it not going to just randomly travel back up especially considering the amount of directional change even in just the sigmoid colon near your rectum.

Regarding your pulse, it likely feels pretty close to normal but its slow when laying down probably because of the amount of venus return you have since you arent having to fight gravity to return blood to the heart.

Chances are a lot of it has been absorbed

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

Depending on the level of your hydration, youre probably going to absorb a lot of that water. The function of your large intestine is to do exactly that. The closer that solution was to the salinity of the blood(probably somewhat close to blood compared to the required recipe for it), the more you will likely absorb. If it has been 8 hours, youre either absorbing it or its coming back out.

Peristalsis is the movement(one direction only) within your digestive tract, while water can travel freely in theory just because of the lack of sphincters in the large intestine, it not going to just randomly travel back up especially considering the amount of directional change even in just the sigmoid colon near your rectum.

Regarding your pulse, it likely feels pretty close to normal but its slow when laying down probably because of the amount of venus return you have since you arent having to fight gravity to return blood to the heart.

Chances are a lot of it has been absorbed
I also previously used 600 mg total of magnesium chloride gel to replenish electrolytes so that could explain the slower heart rate as well.

Thanks for the comforting man I appreciate it. I'll wait it out for now and see if things get better. Is it adviceable to drink water or should I not do that because of potentially upsetting the electrolytes? And if that stuck water gets absorbed, won't there be new fecal impaction if food happened to have co-joined the water?

Luckytype

Honestly, I dont think you need to drink right away. You probably will start urinating soon enough, remember your body has to deal with the extra fluid yet so you have a good amount of blood volume too which would explain why your heart rate is still good.

It seems a little weird but they do enemas like these I believe in situations where people are unable to drink, where they cant do an intravenous line but are in situations of dangerous dehydration. I think by luck, you probably made the solution damn near regular concentration to blood.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Honestly, I dont think you need to drink right away. You probably will start urinating soon enough, remember your body has to deal with the extra fluid yet so you have a good amount of blood volume too which would explain why your heart rate is still good.

It seems a little weird but they do enemas like these I believe in situations where people are unable to drink, where they cant do an intravenous line but are in situations of dangerous dehydration. I think by luck, you probably made the solution damn near regular concentration to blood.
There's alot of "health" folks even doctors on YouTube doing enemas and recommending them, so I don't think they're supposedly that dangerous, only as someone on YouTube mentioned, a salt enema is something the intestines will suck up completely to the small intestines, because it thinks it's a nutrient that requires absorption, where as a non-salted enema would just stick in the colon and would be expelled by the body. I'm unsure if a stuck enema can be dangerous, but I don't plan on doing salt water enemas anymore for now. However I notice ALOT of mood stabilization, like a very low serotonic state of mind. Alot of serotonin is in the gut, so I might've ended up flushing all of that out. I feel tremendously better and a cough I have been having for a year now is starting to be less frequent and the associated pain in the chest as well.

There's one doctor guy on YouTube who says enemas are a matter of life and death, because a big percentage of the population will get colon cancer according to him, which almost always develops in the sigmoid colon, which is also a place where fecal matter tends to accumulate in chronic constipation. And the only way to get rid of it, is well, to wash it out with an enema, according to him. He associates the development of the colon cancer with the presence of the fecal matter.

I want to try my next enema using a lemon juice water solution, which is said to get rid of the waste in the colon better than plain water. It will be a good test as well to see what the body will do with the liquid, to see if it would again shoot up all the way to my small intestines.

Thanks once more dude for looking out for me, it is really appreciated. You stay safe as well. There's even a lady on YouTube who recommends an enema everyday! And I read a forum men in their 70s and 80s who did enemas every day since their youth... So, investigating the safety of an enema is interesting, also for a salt enema.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

Glad youre good man, no worries! How has your urine output been since last post?
Actually I had very few times I had to go to the toilet.. Only once or twice. It's fewer than usual, but I haven't drank that much since my last post, like 3 cups of water in total. Went to the bathroom twice I think. Urine output was low-normal.

Elize

Wow that's a lot of water. I do an enem lol a using 3 cups warm water with 1 tablespoon of Himalayan salt. When the water is too cold you will have your experience. I do deep breathing during the enema whilst letting the water intake to be slow

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals