Dietary Isoeugenol Supplementation Attenuates Chronic UVB-Induced Skin Photoaging and Modulates Gut Microbiota in Mice

David PS

I have been adding eugenol to my morning coffee for almost a year. It appears that I may have been unintentionally improving my skin. Overall, Isoeugenol (IE) effectively mitigates skin photoaging in vitro and in vivo. IE demonstrates the ability to alleviate UVB irradiation-induced photodamage in dermal Hs68 cells, inhibiting MMP secretion and promoting ECM synthesis. Dietary IE mitigates wrinkle formation, relieves skin dryness, inhibits epidermal thickening, and prevents collagen loss in the skin.

February, 2024

Interesting, but i think eugenol and isoeugenol despite the names are distinct compounds..there might not be much overlap with eugenol itself. Isoeugenol is easy to attain though

OP
David PS

David PS

Interesting, but i think eugenol and isoeugenol despite the names are distinct compounds..there might not be much overlap with eugenol itself. Isoeugenol is easy to attain though
Thank you for the clarification. I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

GTW

Are you mice or men?
UVB is unavoidable? Only if you go outside. Most people in the Developed world don't.

chimdp

Isolated UVB light of without red/infrared and UVA (especially photo repairing UV light in the 380nm range) is not the same as sunlight or applicable to any living thing in the real world. Even worse is there is a high likelihood this study was done in a lab with Fluorescent or LED lights in the background causing increased damage from the concentrated blue light.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom