Dietitians Are Taught to Promote a Certain Amount of Starch in the Diet

Such_Saturation said:
[1] Passage of particles through the wall of the gastrointestinal tract

Page 220 said:
The passage of orally administered particles into the cerebrospinal fluid was observed in both animals and in human subjects.
Passage into the peritoneal cavity of orally administered particles was observed in animals and in human subjects with ascites.
Elimination of granules into the milk was observed in lactating women after oral administration of starch. It is worth mentioning that this elimination can be seen within a few minutes after ingestion of the starch; a maximum was reached within 12-15 min.
Transplacental passage of particles was confirmed. Such particles were demonstrated in the cord blood of newborn infants when the mother was given starch about 1 hr previously. This observation we made also in animals.
Elimination of particles into the bile was also confirmed. Granules can be demonstrated in the bile 12 min after administration of starch. The same observations were made also with other particles; stained cellulose fibers, silicate fibers, and powdered lobster shells.
[2] THE PHENOMENON OF PERSORPTION: PERSORPTION, DISSEMINATION, AND ELIMINATION OF MICROPARTICLES - HISTORY
[3] Persorption of raw starch: a cause of senile dementia?
[4] Proteolysis by Sourdough Lactic Acid Bacteria: Effects on Wheat Flour Protein Fractions and Gliadin Peptides Involved in Human Cereal Intolerance
[5] Gluten Hydrolysis and Depolymerization during Sourdough Fermentation

So the first study just has one sentence about humans? Where are the photos of the human GI tract with particles like there is with the rats? I still don't see any clinical human data on starch particle persorption. I don't eat raw starch. Don't forget about amylase.

Number's 4 and 5 say nothing of particles and persorption.

219c2yo.jpg

Rectal administration? Wow. To those animals?

OP
S
Amazoniac said:
Such_'s epitome of a decadent forum is a thread rating abs. Haha! I wonder where this trauma came from..

I enjoy decadent, nothing wrong with good decadence, those forums tend to have more of a bickering / bitching kind of feel to them. You know what I mean.

OP
S
Westside PUFAs said:
Such_Saturation said:
[1] Passage of particles through the wall of the gastrointestinal tract

Page 220 said:
The passage of orally administered particles into the cerebrospinal fluid was observed in both animals and in human subjects.
Passage into the peritoneal cavity of orally administered particles was observed in animals and in human subjects with ascites.
Elimination of granules into the milk was observed in lactating women after oral administration of starch. It is worth mentioning that this elimination can be seen within a few minutes after ingestion of the starch; a maximum was reached within 12-15 min.
Transplacental passage of particles was confirmed. Such particles were demonstrated in the cord blood of newborn infants when the mother was given starch about 1 hr previously. This observation we made also in animals.
Elimination of particles into the bile was also confirmed. Granules can be demonstrated in the bile 12 min after administration of starch. The same observations were made also with other particles; stained cellulose fibers, silicate fibers, and powdered lobster shells.
[2] THE PHENOMENON OF PERSORPTION: PERSORPTION, DISSEMINATION, AND ELIMINATION OF MICROPARTICLES - HISTORY
[3] Persorption of raw starch: a cause of senile dementia?
[4] Proteolysis by Sourdough Lactic Acid Bacteria: Effects on Wheat Flour Protein Fractions and Gliadin Peptides Involved in Human Cereal Intolerance
[5] Gluten Hydrolysis and Depolymerization during Sourdough Fermentation

So the first study just has one sentence about humans? Where are the photos of the human GI tract with particles like there is with the rats? I still don't see any clinical human data on starch particle persorption. I don't eat raw starch. Don't forget about amylase.

Number's 4 and 5 say nothing of particles and persorption.

219c2yo.jpg

Rectal administration? Wow. To those animals?

Yes, I think he is referring to the second paper which has many more sentences. He also says that in 1906 it was shown in humans for the first time. Of course it's a little harder to get permission to slice up a person's intestine than a rat's, especially given that "When she reports these results in the “Society of the Charité Physicians”, she is greeted with laughter." Citations four and five are about Ray Peat's claim of more protein in slowly leavened bread. If you try starch avoidance for a little while you can notice a better mood and a better outlook on information that we find conflicting.
"

pboy

I just read the volkheimer article..or book, whatever it is
the fact starch has to be engulfed by macrophages is a pretty big deal, and is telling. That alone means immune system provoked, so its probably stress signal cascading. A few years back I read or heard something how cooked food provokes the immune system where as eating food raw doesn't...but perhaps the cooked food was simply usually starch and raw stuff is naturally without starch

I wonder why that other article I read talked about persorption not happening from boiling the starch adequately, but baking it or dry heating causes persorption

narouz

pboy said:
...I wonder why that other article I read talked about persorption not happening from boiling the starch adequately, but baking it or dry heating causes persorption

pboy-
I believe in the interview
Peat refers to boiling for 40-60minutes
in order to "soften up" the starch.
It may have been another interview...been listening to several lately.

But maybe the hydration allows for softening,
whereas baking does not...?

Amazoniac

Something odd and unexpected happened yesterday.
I was preparing some starches as usual, but this time I was wearing a latex glove in one hand to avoid it stinging due to a wound.
To my surprise, after finishing to cut the starches, the glove was stained from the gooey substance just beneath the skin. But when I tried to remove it, I noticed that my hand had that same stain, as if I wasn't wearing the glove at all. Checked for holes, nothing; tried to submerge in wasser to garantee that there was no leakage, and there wasn't. Latex gloves are pretty tough when it comes to protection, and I was cutting the starches dry, with no water involved.
It was a coincidence with this post about persorption. I'm not suggesting that it was the same phenomenon, but I could witness something quite impressive, especially due to the whole process being dry. I guess is my turn to write the classic: Ray Peat is right again? This prooved to me in practice that it's perfectly plausible that raw starches can persorb..

OP
S
I'm more impressed that you don't want starch in your (exterior) wounds :mrgreen:

pboy

if any of you have any starch laying around, heres some suggestions on how to use it

http://www.wikihow.com/Starch-a-Shirt
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/make-wallp ... 73037.html

lol, but really..its amazing how the human body can turn a sticky gooey mass into a water soluble sugar. Its pretty remarkable...just cooking starches a lot, you notice how...annoying it is, like it adheres to surfaces...if it gets even moderately dry or overheated, it seems like it would gum up the whole flow of the alimentary canal and leave wastage. Either that or its a serious task for the body to handle it right away and basically focus energy on that ...cause if say your GI dried up a little or wasn't fast moving, the starch could easily become a big problem. That was the final kicker for me
basically that it took hours to prepare a starch meal from beginning to eating to clean up...and after not hacving it for a while, chewing a bowl of it was like...just felt a lil strange, roots are easier cause you can just mash em and swallow but little grains are like...it felt like a sin to be eating it, like I was eating something poisonous or like it was a major drain...basically one step closer to suicide than health kind of thing, felt like I was eating something id immediately feel guilty about. I never noticed until I stopped eating starch for a while. Then after the meal instead of bursting up with energy like I do usually, I basically felt the same as before I ate it, just a hint less hungry, but not much more satisfied, immediately would crave something else to like...actually give me energy, and now I needed that energy to deal with digesting the starch meal. Then I had the annoying task of cleaning the pot and counters where starch had bubbled over and got sticky, and under the burner where stuff had spilled over and burnt. I was like..dude after all th is, and all the ATP wasted from using my jaw so much...cleaning up and all that, its like im back to square 1....then I craved something actually with a net benefit of energy right away again, pretty much

I dunno maybe it was just a shock to my system cause it had no amylase prepared, not expecting that...but still, the time binding aspects and clean up of starchy stuff...its telling

Amazoniac

pboy said:
if any of you have any starch laying around, heres some suggestions on how to use it

http://www.wikihow.com/Starch-a-Shirt
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/make-wallp ... 73037.html

lol, but really..its amazing how the human body can turn a sticky gooey mass into a water soluble sugar. Its pretty remarkable...just cooking starches a lot, you notice how...annoying it is, like it adheres to surfaces...if it gets even moderately dry or overheated, it seems like it would gum up the whole flow of the alimentary canal and leave wastage. Either that or its a serious task for the body to handle it right away and basically focus energy on that ...cause if say your GI dried up a little or wasn't fast moving, the starch could easily become a big problem. That was the final kicker for me
basically that it took hours to prepare a starch meal from beginning to eating to clean up...and after not hacving it for a while, chewing a bowl of it was like...just felt a lil strange, roots are easier cause you can just mash em and swallow but little grains are like...it felt like a sin to be eating it, like I was eating something poisonous or like it was a major drain...basically one step closer to suicide than health kind of thing, felt like I was eating something id immediately feel guilty about. I never noticed until I stopped eating starch for a while. Then after the meal instead of bursting up with energy like I do usually, I basically felt the same as before I ate it, just a hint less hungry, but not much more satisfied, immediately would crave something else to like...actually give me energy, and now I needed that energy to deal with digesting the starch meal. Then I had the annoying task of cleaning the pot and counters where starch had bubbled over and got sticky, and under the burner where stuff had spilled over and burnt. I was like..dude after all th is, and all the ATP wasted from using my jaw so much...cleaning up and all that, its like im back to square 1....then I craved something actually with a net benefit of energy right away again, pretty much

The amount that I eat daily, even if it was a complete toxin, it wouldn't pose as a significant harm.

pboy

yea im kind of just being boisterous, it has its role for sure...especially for people that have taken too much dilute liquids and water. And I have high respect for Japanese people and culture, and they eat a lot of rice, so its pretty evident its not that bad. One thing to note though is they always boil it and usually eat it fresh, like they don't really eat bread or baked things. So theyre avoiding persorption and acrylamide and stuff like that, and also a lot of it is in noodle form which is way easier to digest and more slippery in that form in a soup or something

EIRE24

Amazoniac said:
Something odd and unexpected happened yesterday.
I was preparing some starches as usual, but this time I was wearing a latex glove in one hand to avoid it stinging due to a wound.
To my surprise, after finishing to cut the starches, the glove was stained from the gooey substance just beneath the skin. But when I tried to remove it, I noticed that my hand had that same stain, as if I wasn't wearing the glove at all. Checked for holes, nothing; tried to submerge in wasser to garantee that there was no leakage, and there wasn't. Latex gloves are pretty tough when it comes to protection, and I was cutting the starches dry, with no water involved.
It was a coincidence with this post about persorption. I'm not suggesting that it was the same phenomenon, but I could witness something quite impressive, especially due to the whole process being dry. I guess is my turn to write the classic: Ray Peat is right again? This prooved to me in practice that it's perfectly plausible that raw starches can persorb..

Who eats raw starches though?

OP
S
Who eats live sharks? The risk from fin soup is entirely overrated in my opinion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals