Dish Detergent & Laundry Detergent - Solution (Australia)

A-Tim

I've been looking for laundry detergents and dish detergents that would meet several criteria:
1) Low safety risk.
2) Cleans dishes/laundry to a standard that keeps my gf happy.

(2) is worth noting. The missas is a latina! If the chemicals don't clean well, I never hear the end of it. "Happy wife, happy life". Lot of truth in that. With all that said, here's what we settled on after trying a few different things.

Kin Kin
- Made in QLD by a small family.
- Dad has a phd in chemical formulation.
- Ingredients seem pretty reasonable.
- Sells four products, each with a couple different fragrance options.
- Dishwash liquid.
- Dishwash powder.
- Laundry liquid.
- Stain remover.

I have used the dishwash liquid, dishwash powder, and laundry liquid. In each case, both I and wifey are happy with the results. Enjoy!

naevastar

and they dont contain alcohol ethoxalates?
From a quick look at the website there are ingredients listed for the products.
Here is an example,
Ingredients: coconut-based anionic & non-ionic surfactants (NO alcohol ethoxylate, LAS or SLS), rain water, potassium citrate, blue gardenia extract, lime essential oil, organic eucalypt essential oil

We have a thread I started about a way to not have to use detergent that is awesome. It uses magnesium beads.

OP
A-Tim

A-Tim

Very good, I wonder if contacting the company they would be more open about what the actual surfactants are.
I imagine he would, small business and all that. If you do, report back here and let us know what you discover.

OP
A-Tim

A-Tim

I have noticed a pattern where people buy a new product and initially are excited about it. They report their results online straight away. Later on you find out that they stopped using the product after the initial elation wore off.

With that said, I thought I would pop back in here 6 months later to say that we're still happy with the results of the 3 Kin Kin products we've tried (laundry detergent, dish liquid, dishwasher powder). They work well, and in the case of the laundry detergent, it leaves the laundry smelling nice. I don't care about the scent but my significant other does.

Best wishes to you all.

AlaskaJono

@A-Tim
Good to hear. We tried the Kin Kin stuff some years ago, when we were living in Qld, and did not pass the test for me or the wife! So we are still using Morning Fresh original, no scents for dishwashing liquid. It is biodegradeable, and goes on sale every month or 6 weeks at Woolies /Coles. We sometimes use Bosistos liquid for laundry soap, like right now, though it seems a tiny bit 'chemical' ee.... . When we are near a bulk shop, as we are far away now..... we get something in liquid form, ? supposed to be cleaner or 'free of toxins and pollutants' and seems to work, and I add a shot of pure Bosistos in it when the water is up. :):

Side note: Also we get the real tortillas from la tortilleria in Melbourne... so good. This is my daily 'bread'. Have you tried the little restaurant they have? Qué Rico!

OP
A-Tim

A-Tim

@A-Tim
Good to hear. We tried the Kin Kin stuff some years ago, when we were living in Qld, and did not pass the test for me or the wife! So we are still using Morning Fresh original, no scents for dishwashing liquid. It is biodegradeable, and goes on sale every month or 6 weeks at Woolies /Coles. We sometimes use Bosistos liquid for laundry soap, like right now, though it seems a tiny bit 'chemical' ee.... . When we are near a bulk shop, as we are far away now..... we get something in liquid form, ? supposed to be cleaner or 'free of toxins and pollutants' and seems to work, and I add a shot of pure Bosistos in it when the water is up. :):

Side note: Also we get the real tortillas from la tortilleria in Melbourne... so good. This is my daily 'bread'. Have you tried the little restaurant they have? Qué Rico!
Interesting, I haven't tried the Bosistos myself.

We love those tortillas too. They are one of the only brands I've found that doesn't have any vegetable oil, nor any other dodgy ingredients. They sell nachos too, however, if I recall correctly, they have vegetable oil in them; so we stick to the tortillas.

I didn't know they had a restaurant. Will check it out! Looks like it's not too far from where I live.

AlaskaJono

Interesting, I haven't tried the Bosistos myself.

We love those tortillas too. They are one of the only brands I've found that doesn't have any vegetable oil, nor any other dodgy ingredients. They sell nachos too, however, if I recall correctly, they have vegetable oil in them; so we stick to the tortillas.

I didn't know they had a restaurant. Will check it out! Looks like it's not too far from where I live.
Yes, the Tortillas are no bueno. Bad Veggie oil. But you are close to the eatery. Qué Suerte!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom