Do White Button Mushrooms Have High FODMAP Content?

Wagner83

I'm interested in knowing where you heard Ray say he had issues with white button mushrooms until he ground them. I'm also having issues with mushrooms.
Actually I can't find where he may have said he had issues himself but these unground tough fibers can be harsh, he did say grinding then would be more benefishoil:
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
The discussion ends on the next page.

SOMO

I'm asking because I noticed a difference between just chewing them really well and grinding them up very fine. I want to know what's causing such a dramatic difference. Carrots and mushrooms seem to require very specific methods of eating, and if I don't follow them, I encounter problems. I don't know why it's this way. When I was gobbling down halal food, pizza, hamburgers, etc., I never noticed such dramatic differences no matter how and when I ate them; I just felt bad overall. Now every little nuance seems to make differences in how I feel throughout the day, or even multiple days. Mushrooms especially do this.

There is a type of fiber found in Mushrooms, Oats and Yeast called Beta Glucan which stimulates the immune system and can cause reactions in some.

Raw or mildly cooked mushrooms have high hydrazine which is toxic probably causes GI issues.

I know American settlers had a condiment called “mushroom ketchup” which was basically mashed and cooked mushrooms and spices, so apparently cooking the mushrooms is not always enough, they should be crushed too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals