Does anyone use a Naturepedic EOS mattress? Review?

animalcule

I'm deep in mattress-choice-paralysis, but I'm settling in on the Naturepedic EOS latex free mattress. Does anyone here have experience with an Naturepedic mattresses? Thoughts? Durability?

I tend to be hypersensitive to many materials, so I'm a little wary of latex, hence the latex-free (microcoil) option.

I also threw out a Tempur-pedic mattress that I'd slept on for years, and felt like I was coming out of a fog within a week of sleeping on a new mattress (despite the new mattress also being memory foam). I don't know if the problem was the Tempur-pedic foam in particular, or perhaps there was mold growing in the foam? Who knows. But once I'd pinpointed the dramatic improvement in my wellbeing after getting rid of the mattress, I got paranoid about memory foam in general and sent back the new hybrid mattress I'd bought (which I sort of regret...).

So, here I am, in need of something definitely non-toxic. I wish Naturepedic didn't ship compressed, but other than that... seems to fit the bill.

Anyone use one?

I also threw out a Tempur-pedic mattress that I'd slept on for years, and felt like I was coming out of a fog within a week of sleeping on a new mattress (despite the new mattress also being memory foam). I don't know if the problem was the Tempur-pedic foam in particular, or perhaps there was mold growing in the foam? Who knows. But once I'd pinpointed the dramatic improvement in my wellbeing after getting rid of the mattress, I got paranoid about memory foam in general and sent back the new hybrid mattress I'd bought (which I sort of regret...).
I threw my Tempur-Pedicure mattress topper out too. I was having flu-like leg aches in the mornings. After realizing it was the topper, because I never had those morning aches going on vacation to my timeshare, I delis some research and was convinced my new mattress needed to go too. After all my grandmother always said that we spend one third of our life sleeping so make it optimal, buying the best quality bedding.

After that I wondered how much of the, beyond numerous, fibromyalgia diagnoses, are attributed to chemical laden mattresses, bedspreads, sheets and pillows. I replaced my whole bed, and toppers in my other beds, and buy only 100% organic cotton sheets now…

“Some people may experience an allergic reaction to the chemicals present in Tempurpedic mattresses. These allergy symptoms include sleeplessness, itchy eyes, rashes, nausea and headaches. People who have chemical allergies should not buy Tempurpedic mattresses, since these symptoms are unlikely to lessen over time.”

OP
A

animalcule

I threw my Tempur-Pedicure mattress topper out too. I was having flu-like leg aches in the mornings. After realizing it was the topper, because I never had those morning aches going on vacation to my timeshare, I delis some research and was convinced my new mattress needed to go too. After all my grandmother always said that we spend one third of our life sleeping so make it optimal, buying the best quality bedding.

After that I wondered how much of the, beyond numerous, fibromyalgia diagnoses, are attributed to chemical laden mattresses, bedspreads, sheets and pillows. I replaced my whole bed, and toppers in my other beds, and buy only 100% organic cotton sheets now…

“Some people may experience an allergic reaction to the chemicals present in Tempurpedic mattresses. These allergy symptoms include sleeplessness, itchy eyes, rashes, nausea and headaches. People who have chemical allergies should not buy Tempurpedic mattresses, since these symptoms are unlikely to lessen over time.”

Thanks for the article link!!!
I'm so over memory foam ... and pretty much every single conventional mattress brand (and even some green-washed brands) have memory foam in it. Driving me insane trying to find a healthy and comfortable mattress. Also, I've taken an extreme dislike to the term "hypoallergenic" now, because guess what? These foams are sometimes considered hypoallergenic! And now they're adding small % of soy to the process, and creating "green" memory foams... eyes rolling...

So many things happened in the span of the past three years (coinciding with sleeping on the Tempur-pedic), I kept looking to pin down what was causing me to feel so ... destroyed, frankly. I also had leg rashes that came and went, along with increase in lethargy and just feeling ... not myself, in a way that I couldn't quite pin down. Completely spaced out, and when not spaced out, just incredibly confused about what was happening in my life, in my body. Confused, and also increasingly short tempered and anxious. I think I was having some reaction to the memory foam (allergy, poisoning, whatever), plus it was giving me very poor quality sleep. So for the past 3 years I've just not gotten any good rest. I kept changing my diet, adding supplements, etc... But it seems like it was the mattress all along.

I hope I've found the last piece to the puzzle, and can find a better replacement mattress, finally get some good sleep. It's just so messed up how ubiquitous these foams are. Millions of people sleep on memory foam now. So disturbing.

Thanks for the article link!!!
I'm so over memory foam ... and pretty much every single conventional mattress brand (and even some green-washed brands) have memory foam in it. Driving me insane trying to find a healthy and comfortable mattress. Also, I've taken an extreme dislike to the term "hypoallergenic" now, because guess what? These foams are sometimes considered hypoallergenic! And now they're adding small % of soy to the process, and creating "green" memory foams... eyes rolling...

So many things happened in the span of the past three years (coinciding with sleeping on the Tempur-pedic), I kept looking to pin down what was causing me to feel so ... destroyed, frankly. I also had leg rashes that came and went, along with increase in lethargy and just feeling ... not myself, in a way that I couldn't quite pin down. Completely spaced out, and when not spaced out, just incredibly confused about what was happening in my life, in my body. Confused, and also increasingly short tempered and anxious. I think I was having some reaction to the memory foam (allergy, poisoning, whatever), plus it was giving me very poor quality sleep. So for the past 3 years I've just not gotten any good rest. I kept changing my diet, adding supplements, etc... But it seems like it was the mattress all along.

I hope I've found the last piece to the puzzle, and can find a better replacement mattress, finally get some good sleep. It's just so messed up how ubiquitous these foams are. Millions of people sleep on memory foam now. So disturbing.
Your last part is sad isn’t it? All the pill sales generated because of a bad environment, and then more downhill from there. Check out my thread about my sofa!

OP
A

animalcule

Excellent thread. And so scary what happened to you!! Imagine if you hadn't connected the dots and figured out the culprit was that piece of furniture.

I go back and forth thinking it's all in my head, I'm just working myself up over nothing, it can't be this mattress, or that food, or that material that's causing me problems ... because everyone else seems to be living just fine, unbothered, right? But they're probably not. Everyone is sort of unwell, at least everyone I know. Everyone has some kind of chronic ailment, to some degree. We're basically poisoning ourselves with consumer goods, sometimes with the goal of maker them "safer"(flame retardant) or "better" (fade resistant, wrinkle resistant, etc). It's not just the food supply that's compromised. So ... yea. Good to know, good to know ...

When I finally settle on a mattress, I may do a thread with some lists of memory-foam free mattresses. Spent so much time researching for myself, might as well.
Your last part is sad isn’t it? All the pill sales generated because of a bad environment, and then more downhill from there. Check out my thread about my sofa!
xc

OP
A

animalcule

I wonder though, off the top of your head, do you know if any bras made without foam padding/inserts that are still, like ... nipple shielding haha... I've found cotton ones, but they're really just bralettes and not thick enough to give good coverage.

I wonder though, off the top of your head, do you know if any bras made without foam padding/inserts that are still, like ... nipple shielding haha... I've found cotton ones, but they're really just bralettes and not thick enough to give good coverage.
We have bought clothing from The Eczema Company, and I was going to buy one of their bras, but they were sold out in my size.

sunny

Excellent thread. And so scary what happened to you!! Imagine if you hadn't connected the dots and figured out the culprit was that piece of furniture.

I go back and forth thinking it's all in my head, I'm just working myself up over nothing, it can't be this mattress, or that food, or that material that's causing me problems ... because everyone else seems to be living just fine, unbothered, right? But they're probably not. Everyone is sort of unwell, at least everyone I know. Everyone has some kind of chronic ailment, to some degree. We're basically poisoning ourselves with consumer goods, sometimes with the goal of maker them "safer"(flame retardant) or "better" (fade resistant, wrinkle resistant, etc). It's not just the food supply that's compromised. So ... yea. Good to know, good to know ...

When I finally settle on a mattress, I may do a thread with some lists of memory-foam free mattresses. Spent so much time researching for myself, might as well.
If you settle on a mattress, please do update or make a thread. I am trying to replace mine also. So hard to find a good product

Badger

I used an AI to get some information on this mattress and found this:

Pros of the Naturepedic EOS mattress compared to other organic mattresses:

- Customizable firmness options for each side of the bed[1][3][6].
- Hybrid construction for good support and temperature control[1][6].
- Made with organic and non-toxic materials[1][3][6].
- Good customer service from a US-based company[6].

Cons of the Naturepedic EOS mattress compared to other organic mattresses:

- Slightly higher price point compared to other organic mattresses[1][6].
- Limited availability of the Halcyon line[1].
- Some reviewers have noted that the mattress is heavy and difficult to move[2].

Overall, the Naturepedic EOS mattress stands out for its customizable firmness options and hybrid construction, but it may not be the best choice for those on a tight budget or who need a more lightweight mattress.

Citations:
[1] Naturepedic EOS Mattress Review 2023 | Sleep Foundation
[2] Naturepedic EOS Classic Mattress Review | Sleepopolis
[3] Naturepedic EOS Organic Mattress Review
[4] Naturepedic Mattress Review & which one we love | TeriLyn Adams
[5] Naturepedic Reviews: Customers Honest Feedback (2023)
[6] Naturepedic EOS Mattress Review - Happy Mothering

Badger

I used an AI to get some information on this mattress and found this:

Pros of the Naturepedic EOS mattress compared to other organic mattresses:

- Customizable firmness options for each side of the bed[1][3][6].
- Hybrid construction for good support and temperature control[1][6].
- Made with organic and non-toxic materials[1][3][6].
- Good customer service from a US-based company[6].

Cons of the Naturepedic EOS mattress compared to other organic mattresses:

- Slightly higher price point compared to other organic mattresses[1][6].
- Limited availability of the Halcyon line[1].
- Some reviewers have noted that the mattress is heavy and difficult to move[2].

Overall, the Naturepedic EOS mattress stands out for its customizable firmness options and hybrid construction, but it may not be the best choice for those on a tight budget or who need a more lightweight mattress.

Citations:
[1] Naturepedic EOS Mattress Review 2023 | Sleep Foundation
[2] Naturepedic EOS Classic Mattress Review | Sleepopolis
[3] Naturepedic EOS Organic Mattress Review
[4] Naturepedic Mattress Review & which one we love | TeriLyn Adams
[5] Naturepedic Reviews: Customers Honest Feedback (2023)
[6] Naturepedic EOS Mattress Review - Happy Mothering
Review:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom