Does Germany Prove Peat Wrong?

tara

managing

Thanks for the link. France actually looks to have the highest SFA and highest SFA:PUFA ratio. Denmark is mol similar. Slovenia's ratio may be slightly better.
EJLT-117-1370-g004.jpg

-Luke-

Interesting. I was in Slovenia for two weeks earlier this year. Their cuisine is very traditional and "old school". So I guess they don't use PUFA-rich oils much. In the grocery stores they sell sunflower oil (like basically everywhere in europe) but also a lot of milk products for example. They eat wild game, fish (I guess a lot of wild fish) and also many traditional sweet dishes and cakes made with butter.

Very beautiful country by the way.

Atman

@
Why are the official Nutrition-Guidelines in Germany and the West in total as bad as they are?

Anyone got knowledge or ideas on that?

Why is there no mentioning of Nutrition in Healthcare at all?

It kills the populace after all.

First, this phenomenon does not only apply to Germany.
The nutrition guidelines are pretty much the same for all western countries.

Secondly, this hasn't been like this since forever.
I have cookbooks and guidebooks for housewives in my library from the 1930s.
They promote the use of liver, butter, eggs, whole milk products and sugar. Sounds familiar?
This alternative wisdom of Ray Peat, has been mainstream 80 years ago. The reason why this has been turned 180° to the detriment of the populace is rooted in the interest of the people currently in power. They control the "expert" "scientists" "research" via capital which then serves as the justification for these ridiculous nutrition guidelines.
And it is far from being over yet. I can tell you that in about 5 years time, the EU bureaucrats will put extra taxes on animal products and sugar. The justification for that besides the already mentioned "research" from nutritional "scientists" is of course the evil CO2 emissions which are caused by animal farming. The masses are already being prepared for that next step with some first small articles in the press.

How did Peat phrase it in of of his texts?
Somehow in the way of: "There is a reason why the elites want the people to eat a diet of grains and beans"

yerrag

How did Peat phrase it in of of his texts?
Somehow in the way of: "There is a reason why the elites want the people to eat a diet of grains and beans"
Worker bees and ants are very productive and live short lives. The queens though, lives longer lives. Perhaps the ant and bee colony is the model by which our society yearns to be modeled after.

Breed more but die young to somehow provide enough replacement without having to support a graying population. What we eat will support reproduction but will increase the degenerative process to hasten death. This bring us to a primitive level of life form where the primary driver is to multiply.

We also become similar to farm-raised animals where growth is maximized but health and longevity is of no concern.

LeeLemonoil

@Atman

Absolutely. I suspect such legislation within the next 5-10 years. Germany in its dangerous and pathological Melange of climate -histerya, guilt-complex and Tugendfuror will spearhead that and yes, a campaign for it sees first examples in the media.

LeeLemonoil

Thanks to or no thanks to the relatively good medical insurance situation in Germany, most people above 30 take some medication already accepted as „normal to take“ here. Physicians and Apothecaries deal them out like no tomorrow:

Statins, blood-pressure medication, Ssri‘s, ion-pump inhibitors, Metformin for „pre-diabetes and so forth. Granted, such „preventive“ pill-regimes often include baby-aspirin but aspirin is constantly under fire as potentially hazardous

Kunstruct

Thanks to or no thanks to the relatively good medical insurance situation in Germany, most people above 30 take some medication already accepted as „normal to take“ here. Physicians and Apothecaries deal them out like no tomorrow:

Statins, blood-pressure medication, Ssri‘s, ion-pump inhibitors, Metformin for „pre-diabetes and so forth. Granted, such „preventive“ pill-regimes often include baby-aspirin but aspirin is constantly under fire as potentially hazardous

No one at work cares you have headaches, high prolactin today but not tomorrow, you need to work according to a quota or to be as efficient as someone predicted you should be. If you do not like this then you can go somewhere else. So of course people will try their best to not fail at work, be fired and even to get more cash to afford that trip in Tokyo.
Now think about it, were people in the 1860s and 1930 thinking they are less of a human if they weren't doing a trip to Tokyo every 2 years and posting videos all over their social media? Of course not. So now peer pressure and relevancy is also a stress factor, make sure the trip is a success and film it entirely so the friends can enjoy it too (ironic). Everyone I see around me talks only about their trip on another continent and how stressed they are, people "do not want to live their youth years without experiencing the world and English pubs"

There is big social pressure on people.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

Yes, it’s horrible. It’s still the generation(s) that are full of Weltschmerz because of climate-change, ecosphere destruction and so on... but they give in to this consumerism and what’s the political demand to bring this into inner accordance: Verbote! They want the authorities to end the Peer-pressure by forbidding them or make consumerism to expensive.

managing

Do you have sources to support and quantify "most people above 30"?

I was reading an older Dr. Peat newsletter and he writes that PUFAs cause people to be larger, but their head circumference is not any bigger.

I thought of this thread and all the very tall young German men I saw on my recent trip.

Germans eat a great deal of PUFA fats in the form of pork fat, is my perception. Plus of course vegetable oil in all its glories.

Kunstruct

I was reading an older Dr. Peat newsletter and he writes that PUFAs cause people to be larger, but their head circumference is not any bigger.

I thought of this thread and all the very tall young German men I saw on my recent trip.

Germans eat a great deal of PUFA fats in the form of pork fat, is my perception. Plus of course vegetable oil in all its glories.

Vietnamese also eat a lot of pork fat and duck fat. They are short.

Kunstruct

but maybe they are not feeding PUFA grains to the ducks and pigs
Interesting, I would doubt it.
Looking at documentaries about large scale farming these countries use the latest antibiotics, glyphosate, etc like anyone doing large scale agriculture.
After all Vietnam is one of the biggest pig farming countries in the world alongside Germany, which does not happen by not adhering to what grows the pigs fast.

LeeLemonoil

Do you have sources to support and quantify "most people above 30"?

Can look it up, I’ve seen such data often but don’t keep track on it. What I remember is that 20 Million of 80 million people in Germany take some sort of blood-pressure medication, often combined medication. The medical societies claim that at least 10 Million more are affected but not in therapy.
The biggest national cardiological society even says half of the populace has abnormal blood pressure.

You’ll get ACE-inhibitors prescribes, diuretic stuff and there are many other classes of substances prescribed for BP

Cursory search show ~20% of Germans between 24-35 are claimed to „suffer“ from pathological BP. Add Statins, SSRis, Birth pill, diabetic pathologies and other „civilatory“ diseases and universal health insurance and it will add up to >50% of the age cohort above 30 taking one or more of these kind of Peat favorit pharmacons.

Last edited:
Interesting, I would doubt it.
Looking at documentaries about large scale farming these countries use the latest antibiotics, glyphosate, etc like anyone doing large scale agriculture.
After all Vietnam is one of the biggest pig farming countries in the world alongside Germany, which does not happen by not adhering to what grows the pigs fast.

It is quite possible that youthful Vietnamese are getting much taller...

Everything seems so serotonine to me.
beans n grains are catabolic in nature!
Gotta survive in Germ somehow!
Im all for cutting climate change in half,driving around in e-mobiles,very well.
But we gotta eat,even in Germany.
Veganism,even if morally right (we should strive for synthetic meat),
is too much of a burden for the further development and even maintenance of
society.The human condition hinges upon sustenance.That is at least part of the problems the third-world-
countries have,its food-scarcity with all that this brings in political and societal (dis)order.

sladerunner69

I think I am one of the only Germans on this forum.

Basically, almost every single product you buy at a grocery store in Germany contains rapsöl(rapeseed oil --> canola oil). Like, seriously. There is canola oil in like 99% of German food items. If anything has oil in it, it will have canola oil. Yet it is still one of the most productive countries in Europe and many people here look healthy and good.

How can this be explained? Honestly, since almost everything contains canola oil I find it hard to even believe that PUFAs can be so bad.

Statistically speaking germany has the lowest life expectancy in western/central europe...

owlwithbrain

520x874.jpg

This woman is a 50 year old greek living in Germany.
She is eating a sugar free diet since 13 years with lots of vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts & seeds and olive oil.
Maybe its the olive oil...

tankasnowgod

520x874.jpg

This woman is a 50 year old greek living in Germany.
She is eating a sugar free diet since 13 years with lots of vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts & seeds and olive oil.
Maybe its the olive oil...

Maybe it's an old photo, or photoshop, or she lies about her diet......

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals