Erethism. Mad Hatter’s Syndrome. Help!

TheSir

Get the iodine level tested before taking any iodine. Too much iodine is dangerous. Desiccated thyroid products contain iodine in safe amounts.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVz_gneesII

While no one has too much iodine, taking large amounts of iodine without cofactors certainly can be harmful. In your language, it's like taking lots of thiamine without sufficient magnesium and potassium. Chances are mortality would increase in this scenario too.

mostlylurking

While no one has too much iodine, taking large amounts of iodine without cofactors certainly can be harmful. In your language, it's like taking lots of thiamine without sufficient magnesium and potassium. Chances are mortality would increase in this scenario too.
Ray Peat would not have agreed with your statement. In case anyone here cares about Ray Peat's opinion on this topic, you can use this search engine which has been set to search for Iodine.
Here's the top one on the list; click on the text at the link to listen to it:
"I'm getting so much different information on the internet about iodine. Some people are taking massive doses. Some people say you don't need it. And I wanted to what Dr. Peat says in general, do you think I need should be taking iodine every day? No, milk, for example, is a good source of iodine because the cows won't give milk if they're iodine deficient. Chickens, chickens will stop laying eggs if they're iodine deficient. So milk and eggs are guaranteed sources of iodine. And seafood, any kind of ocean fish, oysters, crab, cod, whatever,..."

there's also this interview:

TheSir

Ray Peat would not have agreed with your statement.
Certainly. Peat's views on iodine present some of his least rigorous research and they could be described as incomplete at best and ignorant at worst. His concerns have been refuted in this community several times over the years. Though high dose iodine is serious and potentially dangerous business, there is no such thing as too much iodine as any excess is simply peed out. The risks of iodine therapy reside in inadequacy of cofactors and certain types of pre-existing thyroid tumors.

mostlylurking

Certainly. Peat's views on iodine present some of his least rigorous research and they could be described as incomplete at best and ignorant at worst. His concerns have been refuted in this community several times over the years. Though high dose iodine is serious and potentially dangerous business, there is no such thing as too much iodine as any excess is simply peed out. The risks of iodine therapy reside in inadequacy of cofactors and certain types of pre-existing thyroid tumors.
Here is an informative article on iodine for whoever is interested in learning about it. Iodine is a controversial subject. Keep in mind that big fans of iodine like Dr. Abraham and Dr. Brownstein advocate physician monitoring and regular testing.

TheSir

Here is an informative article on iodine for whoever is interested in learning about it. Iodine is a controversial subject. Keep in mind that big fans of iodine like Dr. Abraham and Dr. Brownstein advocate physician monitoring and regular testing.

Appreciate it. Here is another great resource:

GTW

Cows milk used to be relatively high in iodine because some was absorbed from the teat wash disinfectant.
Earlier link re mercury toxicity and elimination mentions NAC not fully viable in some aspects for that purpose. CNS absorption? NAC ethyl ester oral supplement, NACET, more available in CNS could offset that limitation.

AlaskaJono

This overall issue gets me in the funny bone AND the noggin (my brain) when it comes up:

ie- People have serious TOXIC issues, and they are worried about taking aspirin 4x daily, or Iodine, which dozens/hundreds/1000's of people have taken 50mg-500mg SAFELY and daily for months (and years too) with 0 negative and only positive benefits.

I personally have taken lugol's with selenium and friends for a year, only positive results. Also I am taking 120 mg daily now, with selenium and friends. Look up the associated cofactors if you are interested in going that route.

I know that people (in my past) have had successful Chelation therapy for mercury poisoning/toxicity. I know nothing more, except that there is information on this site. The search bar is your friend.

Yes, it is true, Ray Peat did not approve of Iodine/Lugol's for treatment of thyroid. And many folks on this site and others have successfully treated low thyroid output, and other health issues, with Iodine/Lugol's. Full stop. YMMV.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom