EU Retinol restriction in skin creams

DanDare

Forum Supporter
If you live in the EU and rub your 🐔 s in retinol, stock up because the EU are restricting it.

At the end of 2023 the EU restricted retinol in skin creams and gave the manufactures 18 months to reformulate.

I'm not a fan of government regulations especially over something which really doesn't affect anyone but the user of the cream, and mainly because we have to take the bad with the good instead of using our own decision making abilities. So I would prefer they didn't get involved in this. However it is relatively nice to see them picking on something that is actually toxic as opposed to hot wire light bulbs or breathing in public.

Couple links for your perusal:

Large pdf of lots of interesting details about retinol at the bottom of page about why they restricted it. Obviously apply critical thinking.

Bear in mind glamour will likely be pro creams they currently sell, as will people they interview.

mosaic01

Around 10 years ago a german government agency sent a warning letter to the EU regarding retinol in skin creams. This is the reaction to it. That german agency is still pretty critical towards retinol. It's the German Federal Institute of Risk Assessment.

OP
D

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Around 10 years ago a german government agency sent a warning letter to the EU regarding retinol in skin creams. This is the reaction to it. That german agency is still pretty critical towards retinol. It's the German Federal Institute of Risk Assessment.

They get it right sometimes.

Can I also just say that I mean 'if you rub your chickens' and I've only just noticed this moment how using instead a picture of a chicken it could be read as rubbing a body part 🤔

milkboi

Can I also just say that I mean 'if you rub your chickens' and I've only just noticed this moment how using instead a picture of a chicken it could be read as rubbing a body part 🤔
That’s how I interpreted it lol. But it didn’t seem that weird to me since we are on the RPF and people here like to put stuff on their balls to „increase androgen production“

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter

Why would you be rubbing retinol on your chickens?

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I'm thinking Danny Roddy :eyes: might try it since he is enthusiastic about feeding his liver and cheese presumably to increase the vit A in his eggs.
It’s funny you say that, because I’ve been trying to figure out how to get chicken food without added vit A. 😅

I had a friend who thought chickens were supposed to be carnivore so fed them mostly meat and liver and they all became obese and died. True story. She now feeds her chickens high quality chicken feed and food scraps.

OP
D

DanDare

Forum Supporter
It’s funny you say that, because I’ve been trying to figure out how to get chicken food without added vit A. 😅

I had a friend who thought chickens were supposed to be carnivore so fed them mostly meat and liver and they all became obese and died. True story. She now feeds her chickens high quality chicken feed and food scraps.
yes indeed. In one of the most recent Grant Genereux interviews, the interviewer reported that he put his Cat on a low A diet by basically feeding it chicken breasts, since he couldn't find a cat food that wasn't loaded with vitamin a (5000IU per can). He says the sickly weak, despite being young cat transformed into a tiger.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom