Low Toxin Diet Exploring Pectin Powder Options

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
I began eating apples because I wanted their pectin to aid in my liver detox program. However, the acidity is bothering my stomach ulcer, which developed a while back on the high-toxin Ray Peat cancer diet. So, I'm considering purchasing pectin powder from Amazon and wondering if there's a distinction between regular pectin powder and apple pectin powder.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
high-toxin Ray Peat cancer diet
This Is True Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Have you tried oats?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@charlie

Yes, I've been having a bowl for breakfast most days. I tolerate it well, but I really like the way apples make me feel. It's just that the acidity from the apple bothers my ulcer.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@Dave Clark @charlie_
Have you guys been using the Mod Citrus Pectin? Do you have it with the sunfiber? or separately? any tips for its use?
I am not using sunfiber right now but just started using Modified Citrus Pectin but do not have much to report yet. If it does what they say it does, I think this could be another great tool for this detox process.

Dave Clark

@Dave Clark @charlie_
Have you guys been using the Mod Citrus Pectin? Do you have it with the sunfiber? or separately? any tips for its use?
I have used MCP for probably 10 years off and on. It is an efficient, gentle detox, and even though studies were sponsored by Dr. Eliaz who patented the Pecta-Sol, they have shown good results removing toxins like metals, mycotoxins, etc. I spoke with Dr. Eliaz, and he said MCP can be an effective anti-inflammatory used regularly. My original purpose was to help detox Hg from years of dental amalgam, etc. Right now, I cycle it, but because it is a gentle type of detox, regular use is not a problem { and let's face it, we are exposed to toxins on a regular basis} . I have had no negative side effects, in fact, I think it helps with regularity.

mosaic01

Pectin powder is pectin powder, I guess, no matter the source. But if the source is specified as apples, it's probably a higher quality product, compared to just using whatever is available. One needs to be careful ordering from Amazon, there's lots of fraud there. Important to always analyze the sellers, and buy from reputable ones. Just being a generic cheap supplement product from amazon is risky.

I took MCP without any results. I don't think it does something bad but I also did not notice something good. I would not be surprised if regular pectin does the same. There were studies that showed pectin removes toxins like metals effectively, and it does this via a process called adsorption, similar to activated charcoal, so it does not need to go into the bloodstream. The pectin and charcoal molecules draw toxins from the intestinal wall out of the bloodstream.

MCP on paper looks really great though. Can't hurt to try, but it is extremely expensive.

I don't trust Dr. Eliaz. He's a salesman just like Zach Bush MD, who also pushes extremely expensive potentially useless supplements.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@mosaic01

Thanks for the response. I know that apples have a high amount of pectin compared to other foods, so I wasn't sure if pectin powder would be different than apple pectin powder.

Kyle970

"In my clinical experience, those with mycotoxicity (mold toxicity) often have trouble tolerating modified citrus pectin."

Supplementing small amount of pectin seemed to excite my intestines in a very negative way. Wondering now if this could be why.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals