Eye Floaters - Anyone Else On Here Have Them?

heartnhands

For me, eye-floaters turned out to be an ominous sign of trouble. I read a posting above about the sudden onset of floaters. I had that happen to me a few years back. My eye doctor was unconcerned when I made a couple of appointments for him to have a look-see. No treatment was offered.
A couple of weeks later I experienced a spontaneous detached retina. Pretty scary.
After an eye operation (knives and laser) and many months of healing and general eyeball weirdness I was relieved to have my sight mostly restored.
There was a teeny hassle though with a rapidly forming cataract.
Yes, the original operation to reattach my retina had complications. In the weeks that followed, I clearly saw blood flowing about inside my eyeball (I had a front row seat after all). Unfortunately, during follow-up, the surgeon could not see it looking through from the outside.
Well, the lens died and had to retrofitted with a nice plastic one. I'm happy to have it.
Later, I had a sudden cascade of floaters in the other eye. This time, my optomitrist took me more seriously and scheduled an "emergency" operation. The retina was just showing the first signs of letting go so just a welding laser was required. Way less drama.
My advice: get it checked-out thoroughly. Sudden increase of floaters can be a very good sign that there may be some destabilizing things going on.
c
Such scary stuff. Hope all continues in strength.

whit

I have noticed some success while doing red light therapy.
Once my eyes acclimated to the brightness, looking direct into the light.
Once the blind spots clear the floaters were gone after a few sessions.
It does take some getting used to but thought it was worth mentioning.

Kray

I'll have to give that a try if I have trouble with them again. Thanks for the tip.

heartnhands

Can you take a picture and post the lights and lamps you use? I've resisted getting lights because I was unknowledgable about how such high powered lights would work on my old house.

whit

Can you take a picture and post the lights and lamps you use? I've resisted getting lights because I was unknowledgable about how such high powered lights would work on my old house.

We just use the standard heat lamp 250W 120V clear lense.
The whole rig costs $12 at the hardware store.
I don't think the amp. draw is so high that you need to worry about a 20min session.
A stove or blowdryer draws more amps than a heat lamp.
There's a whole thread on the forum about this topic.

heartnhands

We just use the standard heat lamp 250W 120V clear lense.
The whole rig costs $12 at the hardware store.
I don't think the amp. draw is so high that you need to worry about a 20min session.
A stove or blowdryer draws more amps than a heat lamp.
There's a whole thread on the forum about this topic.

A picture would mean a lot to me. An electrician told me not to use the bulbs I once ordered for the same reason. Being that I gave them away I'd rather not waste more effort and time if I can help myself.

whit

This is the style we use. Standard really.
If you're worried about amp draw led may work better.

Attachments

• 20160430_204151.jpg
    20160430_204151.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 73

Elron

I used to have eye floaters, but they only appear after a period of stress and subsequent low oxygenation (after exercise for instance.)

Same. I get them sometimes when I smoke which is probably from low oxygen

Kate

I had pretty bad headaches as a child (I couldn't play on the monkey bars for fear of getting a horrible headache) , and many eye floaters (still have some but they are definitely less noticeable)

GAF

Serrapeptase helped an old GF

I would add Riboflavin in higher doses. You can get liquid B2 on amazon and rub around eyes also. If you are brave, you can add some sunshine to the B2.

I would try lanosterol rubbed around the eyes also.

These are what I would do to myself. I have no fear and I don't recommend anything. I have done all of the above and did not pass away.

ddjd

I read that someone used infra red light from red light man to completely stop the eye floaters

I read that someone used infra red light from red light man to completely stop the eye floaters

You have high prolactin as well correct?

I experience little flashes of light sometimes in my eye, I think it is prolactin related. Its like a random pixel lights up.

My name is also Joey, must be a joey thing :D

haidut

Forum Supporter

Yes, deficiency. But they can also be caused by gut irritation, which some B2 supplements can easily cause as Peat mentioned. I would not blame it on the riboflavin directly given that it is now approved as drug to inject direct in the eye in doses so high that if it was linked to floater these people would be seeing golf balls in their peripheral vision.

smith

Does anyone have perfect circles?

I have eye floaters and have had them since I was a child. They come and go. Old ones fade and new ones appear after a while. Sometimes I have more, sometimes less.

I've read before that it's the type of eye floater you should pay attention to. Eye floaters can manifest themselves in different shapes, colors, appearances. Some are nothing to worry about, while some can be more problematic.
Which ones, like perfect shapes as opposed to squigly wigglies?

mrsuomi

If it helps, I asked Ray a year or two ago about eye floaters :

They will probably gradually be dissolved by enzymes. Fragile capillaries can leak small amounts of blood during times of stress when there's a high ratio of estrogen and cortisol to the protective steroids. A lot of leaked blood could cause collagen to increase, but small amounts probably don't have a noticeable effect on collagen. Even a visually noticeable hemorrhage, that leaves a slightly moveable black blob, is likely to shrink and fade over time. Vitamin K is very important, along with thyroid and generally good nutrition, for reducing capillary leakage. Did you notice any easy bruising or small red dots on your skin during the time the floaters were appearing? It's fairly common for those signs of fragile capillaries to come and go with the menstrual cycle.

What do you mean? I have bruises and severe eye floaters, is this some sign of disease?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals