F*** Portion Control

natedawggh

I have written a little bit about my Peat based health experiences on a blog, and thought I would share here for anyone who wants to read about my failures/successes.

F*CK Portion Control

My first posts include,
How I cured my Depression
How Sugar Effects your Health
Fat in Your Diet and Fat on your Body
How Portion Control/Calorie Deprivation causes fat gain
How I got sick and how I got better

Last edited:

superhuman

Very cool man.
I need to up my Taurine to see if it will make a difference.
Do you take your casein and sugar right before going to bed? how much? and doesnt that make you get up and pee?
How much average calories did you eat a day during your fat loss? are you still loosing fat?

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

What's your experience with grains, and with other starch natedawggh?
They're bad. Hehe. But seriously I do have rice on occasion, and pizza about every 2 or three months (because life without pizza isn't much of a life). But otherwise I NEVER eat grains as part of my regular diet. The key is to enjoying a life without grains is to eat a lot of good non-grain things instead, like potatoes. Grain starch is really the only starch that bothers me. Potatoes are great.
Very cool man.
I need to up my Taurine to see if it will make a difference.
Do you take your casein and sugar right before going to bed? how much? and doesnt that make you get up and pee?
How much average calories did you eat a day during your fat loss? are you still loosing fat?
Yes right before bed. At least 1 scoop of casein/1 or 2 of sugar. No, because nightly urination is a function of high cortisol/estrogen, and I no longer have that issue in part for the consistent intake of protein and carbohydrates. I usually hit 3,000 calories a day, and yes still losing fat. I'm about to go to a lower waist size from 36 to 34 (I was 42 at my heaviest). The last bit is a little stubborn, or it could also have been that winter slowed down my weight loss, though definitely didn't stop it.
"For God's Sake, Please Eat Sugar" should be "For Peat's Sake." Good blog.
Hehe. Thanks. Yeah I'm trying to write from my personal experience, but everything I have done is informed by Peat's writing.

Tarmander

Nice blog man. I read your iron article, you didn't mention potatoes. Do you think they are a significant source of iron as well?

Nicholas

your depression blog is very good. i have recently had a similar leave of depression and identify a lot with how you describe what it is. interesting your comments about Taurine. when i first read your claim as it being the cure for depression, i kind of rolled my eyes because i remember taking Taurine very religiously during extreme depression many months ago....and then i kept reading and started thinking about it more. Ever since i came out of my depression a couple months ago, i notice no effect when i take Taurine....i barely ever take it now.

I'm trying very low fat for a few weeks and I can't seem to thrive without grains. I'll see how it goes.

Ulla

Potatoes - do you always eat them freshly cooked or do you reheat them, maybe eat them cold?

Btw, congrats :)

superhuman

Great blog

I still think it comes down mostly to calories for loosing the fat. Exept when running no fat/low fat i have seen more people being able to eat more calories then before and sometimes alot more and still loose fat.
It seems like you run a moderate fat approach even tho its still the saturated fat, but so many other people also do that follow RP advice and they gain fat very quickly because they eat to many calories.
The points you are making about high iron and increasing taurine may have some benefits but i havent seen much in terms of studies etc that claim it will magically increase your metabolic rate and make you drop fat without being in a deficit.
You also talk about avoiding starch which there may be something to in terms of calorie effecting properties but i dont know for sure about that.

Tenacity

Hi Nate, I had a question about coriander that I hope you'd be willing to answer. Have you ever experienced any stomach upset upon consuming it? I've had stomach problems today and the only change to my diet was the addition of apple juice, coriander and rock salt. I'm thinking I either ate too much salt, or the coriander is somehow having this effect on me. I consumed a tablespoon of the dried leaves this morning.

Great blog by the way, perfect for a layperson not yet exposed to Peat's writing.

Hi Nate, I had a question about coriander that I hope you'd be willing to answer. Have you ever experienced any stomach upset upon consuming it? I've had stomach problems today and the only change to my diet was the addition of apple juice, coriander and rock salt. I'm thinking I either ate too much salt, or the coriander is somehow having this effect on me. I consumed a tablespoon of the dried leaves this morning.

Great blog by the way, perfect for a layperson not yet exposed to Peat's writing.

Apple juice irritates my stomach.

Tenacity

ecstatichamster said:
Apple juice irritates my stomach.

I've had apple juice before today, though, without issue. I guess I'll just see how it goes tomorrow before cutting out coriander or apple juice entirely. Thanks for the response!

nullredvector

"FOODS AND ***t THAT GAVE YOU THE CANCER FROM WHICH YOU DIED IN 15 YEARS"
lol too good!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals