"Fast Feeling" AKA: Tachysensia

kaydeegee

I respect the minds on this forum deeply! So, I thought I'd come on here to ask if anyone has any idea what the experience is that's described on this subreddit: Reddit - Dive into anything.

I experienced this as a kid, and it cropped up again this year and took me down panic-attack alley. Have you heard of this? Felt it? Where do you think it comes from?

TIA <3

youngsinatra

"The actual root remains fairly elusive, tachysensia has been linked to changes in a person's body temperature, levels of anxiety or fear, and even post-traumatic stress disorder." (People are realising they all suffer from a weird condition called tachysensia)

I think that low vagal tone (sympathetic dominance/parasympathetic deficit) is likely involved. B1 and B5 are needed to regulate the ANS. Magnesium deficiency might be a factor too. Have you checked your cortisol levels? (AM/PM) Thyroid panel? (TSH, fT3..)

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
It sounds like too much estrogen to me. I would do everything to lower estrogen. If you are female, does it occur any particular time of the month?

OP
K

kaydeegee

@youngsinatra Sympathetic dominance/parasympathetic deficit definitely tracks! For some context, the first time this hit this year was a couple weeks after I'd been reminded, in conversation, of a childhood memory I'd quite literally "blocked." Like I said above, panic attack city ensued from there. I've spent this year exploring my nervous system and "resourcing" myself to increase my capacity for difficult experiences. I've gone in and out of foggy/dissociative states. It's been difficult, but the general trajectory is improvement. Didn't feel "fast feeling" for many months after that first time.

It struck me last night very briefly, when I was starting to feel grounded again after a weeks-long run of high stress at work. Almost like I was coming back into my body, and my system got freaked out/overwhelmed? Thanks to all the work I've been doing I was able to move through it without it turning into panic, and now my curiosity is piqued.

Thanks for your note about B1/5; I'll look into those. I've just incorporated magnesium glycinate, and I've been hitting the sauna 3x/week for the last 2 weeks. Maybe I should up my dose? Also, possible there's some "detox" happening re: sauna?

I haven't had any bloods/panels done. I did go to my doctor after the first experience^, but he directed me in the trauma-route more than the labs route, and that felt right to me in the moment.

OP
K

kaydeegee

It sounds like too much estrogen to me. I would do everything to lower estrogen. If you are female, does it occur any particular time of the month?
Great call out! This week was the first time it happened since February. (And Feb was the first time it happened since adolescence -- in which case, hormonal impact absolutely makes sense.)

Both cases this year have been in the 1-2 days prior to confirmed ovulation via sympto-thermal tracking. Estrogen rises before ovulation 100%! Maybe too much, in these cases?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Great call out! This week was the first time it happened since February. (And Feb was the first time it happened since adolescence -- in which case, hormonal impact absolutely makes sense.)

Both cases this year have been in the 1-2 days prior to confirmed ovulation via sympto-thermal tracking. Estrogen rises before ovulation 100%! Maybe too much, in these cases?
Yes, to too much estrogen. Try all the methods to keep it lowered.

OP
K

kaydeegee

Yes, to too much estrogen. Try all the methods to keep it lowered.
Back on the carrot salad I go. I knew you all would come through with the wisdom! Thank you.

Question: I noted above, I've been going to the sauna a 3x weekly for the past couple weeks. Do you think this most recent bout could be a sign of estrogen detox/moving out from storage in my tissues, now that I've been sweating more?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom