Feel nothing from T3 / Tyronene?

Callmestar

Hi all,
I ordered some T3/Tyronene after comments on my previous thread, suggesting there may be signs of hypothyroid. In desperation for some relief of my symptoms (chronic dehydration) I have taken Tyronene for the past 2 days. Day 1, I was feeling so desperate and unwell I just took one whole drop (8mcg) in a small glass of water. I can't say I really noticed any effect. Maybe I felt a little wired briefly but this was probably down to slight anxiety at trying the T3 for the first time. Day 2, I took a drop in water again. Drank half in the morning, felt nothing and half a few hours later, felt nothing.

I'm not expecting a sudden healing of my condition. But thought I'd maybe feel some increased energy or some improvement in my symptoms.

Any ideas what might be going on? Should I just continue and increase the dose?

Thread on my current symptoms with blood results on first page: Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

OP
C

Callmestar

Thought I'd ask this here, rather than making another new thread;

So I have increased the dose of Tyronene recently and have noticed some effects but it seems I need more and more of it to notice any effect. Initially, I was taking one drop 8mcg sublingually, I felt nothing. Then I upped to one drop in the morning and one early evening. After the second drop, I noticed some positive effects such as a subtle lift in energy and clarity and feeling relaxed. Continuing on the two drops a day, after the second day of doing this, again I felt nothing. Now I am taking 3 drops sublingually a day and also feel nothing from it.

What's going on, do I keep upping the dose?

Andman

Thought I'd ask this here, rather than making another new thread;

So I have increased the dose of Tyronene recently and have noticed some effects but it seems I need more and more of it to notice any effect. Initially, I was taking one drop 8mcg sublingually, I felt nothing. Then I upped to one drop in the morning and one early evening. After the second drop, I noticed some positive effects such as a subtle lift in energy and clarity and feeling relaxed. Continuing on the two drops a day, after the second day of doing this, again I felt nothing. Now I am taking 3 drops sublingually a day and also feel nothing from it.

What's going on, do I keep upping the dose?
Id stay at this dose for a few days, and increase by maybe a drop/week if neccessary! Are you tracking temps/pulse as well as calories/the foods youre eating?

Oh by the way, unless ive missed it in your other thread, have you tried drinking coconut water?

OP
C

Callmestar

Id stay at this dose for a few days, and increase by maybe a drop/week if neccessary! Are you tracking temps/pulse as well as calories/the foods youre eating?

Oh by the way, unless ive missed it in your other thread, have you tried drinking coconut water?

Resting pulse has been up form my usual of around 55bpm to around 65bpm. Temperature doesn't seem to have increased. My pulse being up isn't really encouragement enough for me to think it's doing anything positive. As I say, there's no other signs of improvement at the current dose.
Food I've definitely increased calories with lots more fruit, OJ, beef etc. Cut out pufa mostly. Although I'm not tracking exact macros currently.

Coconut water, yes, I've drank it. I've drank just about everything you could think of. It's better than plain water but still doesn't hydrate me.

Why would I not be responding to the T3 now? Some initial subtle benefits. Now at an even higher dose I feel nothing. Is there any problem with just keep increasing it each day?

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

One thing I do notice is my appetite increases shortly after each dose.

Nemo

Resting pulse has been up form my usual of around 55bpm to around 65bpm. Temperature doesn't seem to have increased. My pulse being up isn't really encouragement enough for me to think it's doing anything positive. As I say, there's no other signs of improvement at the current dose.
Food I've definitely increased calories with lots more fruit, OJ, beef etc. Cut out pufa mostly. Although I'm not tracking exact macros currently.

Coconut water, yes, I've drank it. I've drank just about everything you could think of. It's better than plain water but still doesn't hydrate me.

Why would I not be responding to the T3 now? Some initial subtle benefits. Now at an even higher dose I feel nothing. Is there any problem with just keep increasing it each day?

I'm concerned about how you are supplementing thyroid. Ray Peat once caused his heart to stop beating (for something like a minute) by taking T3 without T4. He recommends a T4 to T3 ratio of about 2:1.

Do you have a good reason for supplementing only T3?

Also, while blood levels of T3 peak within a couple hours of taking it, the half-life of T3 is about 2.5 days. The half-life of T4 is about 6.5 days. (According to Wikipedia)

So you want to pick a rational starting dose, probably of a combo T3/T4 product, stick to that dose for maybe a month as the new levels in your body rise and stabilize, and then take it from there if you need more.

@jtoro just overdosed on T3 and was miserable for over a week. It's not that your dose is necessarily too big, but it's more than Ray recommends at one time unless maybe you're taking it with food.

jtoro

Yes. Careful.
A week of pure hell.
And then another week to of slow recovery

FitnessMike

hows your progress?

OP
C

Callmestar

hows your progress?

Nowhere to be honest. Tried multiple different Thyroid meds. I've had some short term subtle feelings of wellbeing on it when first starting out but then I feel nothing even when increasing the dose. I end up feeling worse than I did before I started taking it. Having a break from taking any Thyroid currently.

FitnessMike

Nowhere to be honest. Tried multiple different Thyroid meds. I've had some short term subtle feelings of wellbeing on it when first starting out but then I feel nothing even when increasing the dose. I end up feeling worse than I did before I started taking it. Having a break from taking any Thyroid currently.
did you try diluting meds and take a low dose multiple times a day and gradually increasing it?

OP
C

Callmestar

did you try diluting meds and take a low dose multiple times a day and gradually increasing it?

Yep tried that with the Tyronene. Built up and was taking a drop every few hours. Felt ok for a day or two, then started to feel dreadful. I've given up on Thyroid for the time being to be honest, I can't risk feeling any worse than I already do.

FitnessMike

Yep tried that with the Tyronene. Built up and was taking a drop every few hours. Felt ok for a day or two, then started to feel dreadful. I've given up on Thyroid for the time being to be honest, I can't risk feeling any worse than I already do.
How many mg of t3 at times?

OP
C

Callmestar

How many mg of t3 at times?

Started at 2mcg every few hours, felt nothing, upped to 4mcg every few hours, felt nothing. Upped to 8mcg every few hours. Had some subtle changes at that dose, stuck at that for a day or 2, stopped feeling any benefit, upped to 16mcg every few hours, felt nothing, stayed on this for a couple of days, felt nothing. Upped to 24mcg every view hours, felt like crap. Tapered off and stopped taking it.

TheSir

Having read some of your previous thread, your main issue must be a deficiency in one of the alkaline minerals, especially considering how the dehydration was triggered by fasting, as fasting is known to deplete these. Most likely it's either sodium, potassium or magnesium. These are the minerals that largely determine fluid retention. Blood tests won't show their status.

FitnessMike

Started at 2mcg every few hours, felt nothing, upped to 4mcg every few hours, felt nothing. Upped to 8mcg every few hours. Had some subtle changes at that dose, stuck at that for a day or 2, stopped feeling any benefit, upped to 16mcg every few hours, felt nothing, stayed on this for a couple of days, felt nothing. Upped to 24mcg every view hours, felt like crap. Tapered off and stopped taking it.
I dont feel anything from 2-3 mg with meals, but that could be that maybe it takes time for us to feel improvement with the symptoms?
How long did you stay in these 2-3 mg doses ?

FitnessMike

Having read some of your previous thread, your main issue must be a deficiency in one of the alkaline minerals, especially considering how the dehydration was triggered by fasting, as fasting is known to deplete these. Most likely it's either sodium, potassium or magnesium. These are the minerals that largely determine fluid retention. Blood tests won't show their status.
Magnesium is essential to raise metabolism i believe? Maybe with very low doses over time we retain it better and that subsequently allow us to raise thyroid?

OP
C

Callmestar

Tried supplementing with all of them together and separately. Literally no improvement. Unless I need to be taking absolutely huge doses.

I've tried 2400mg potassium KCI a day and 800mg elemental magnesium. No change.
Sodium doesn't seem to help either.

conrad0602

Would be
Tried supplementing with all of them together and separately. Literally no improvement. Unless I need to be taking absolutely huge doses.

Sodium doesn't seem to help either.w

Sodium doesn't seem to help either.
How long did you keep at each dose before ramping up?

Mazzle

Am also not 'feeling it' with Tyronene. Started straight off with three drops four times a day topically. Also added three drops to wrist, if I woke in the night. It is having zero effect so far. I thought if I did or didn't need it, I would feel something either way.
Am now starting dosing sublingually and doing one drop four times a day in case that gets a stronger reaction.
I am wondering if this has a cumulative effect or should I pretty much feel something after taking it?
How is it working for you guys now?

youngsinatra

I know a friend of mine who used tyronene too with no effects, even at high doses.

I think hypothyroidism is way more nuanced than just a simple hormone deficiency.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals